TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

mad at myself for being so stupid about somebody else's definition of theme park, and mine was wrong...

for me its opposite as some people have some bizarre meanings for an amusement park/theme park. in my Best Park-Worst Park thread i made i mentioned how my least favorite park used to be a real amusement park with rides and all but some how took them all out because its a cheap resort and replaced it with stuff like a rock wall,bounce houses,rope course,kiddie trampoline bungee jump,small zip line,and a coin operated kiddie ride.....and only very few arcade games...and of course lame prizes that would make many chuck E Cheeses blush....yet in big bright letters and on the website of the resort its still called an Amusement Park! People on yelp and tripadvisor call it an amusement park too! im like have these people been to an actual amusement park? When you type in amusement park in google image search you get pics of roller coasters and other thrill rides and such....not a pic of romp-a-round playgrounds for tweenagers! this is rant thread after all and i can rant about that resort all day...its in Utica Il in the middle of nowhere....it has a water park too its main draw....but only has two water slides! and a small wave pool granted the pool packs a punch but its not like it runs like that all day...most of the time its normal calm pool and riding the same two slides not to mention all those stairs...it gets boring...my guess is its a place for families who cant afford trips to Great America Cedar Point or Wisconsin Dells....however their Enchanted Forest on said resort is NOT an amusement park! its an overprices playground full of snot nosed kids and cheap plastic prizes....

Went to the dentist yesterday for the annual check, it was all done in 40 minutes, but it still set me back 1620 NOK (about $200). Now maybe I shouldn't complain too much about this, considering what many of you have to put up with when it comes to healthcare, but I just don't understand why teeth seems to be not considered a part of the human body. In Norway you can spend months in hospital if you're injured or sick, they'll fix pretty much any part of your body, and you don't have to pay anything. But once it's your teeth that needs fixing you gotta pay up!

^LOL I know, I almost feel a bit bad for complaining about having to pay to have my teeth checked when knowing what you people have to put up with. It just doesn't make any sense to me why our public healthcare will fix any part of your body except your teeth.

(Obviously we are talking about things that needs to be fixed, if you want bigger boobs you will not get that for free)

Right. It doesn't make a lot of sense. In the US we have separate medical and dental insurance, and they're different policies and often different companies. I don't know the difference between dental surgery and oral surgery, and I doubt a lot of people do. When I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago (they grew in sideways, literally sideways), that was called oral surgery and billed to my medical insurance, not dental. So I get the frustration, even if you do have it so much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. I raked up some leaves a couple of days ago, to start collecting them for weekly pickup.

Turns out I "pulled something" located around my waist at the back, and the pain to stand straight

up is not nice. Add to that, the weather has continued to be (heavy) rainy and cold, which

means I probably won't be able to get to Fright Nights at Playland. Which ends on Halloween night.

Not my best month, this month.

After changing the clock in the weekend it is now fully dark by 5:30 PM and for every day up until just before Christmas it's going to get darker earlier and earlier in the evening. I don't like this period of darkness, it seems to really suck the energy out of you.

About the early darkness,i honestly dont like cold season at all(i say "cold season" because im including a chunk of fall,all of winter,and a big part of Spring).November to Feb is the worst though! I live in Chicago so the cold season sometimes lasts from Nov up to sometimes late May! When in May its suppose to be like in he 70s sometimes it would still be in the low 50s....Luckily ill be in Florida for a few weeks so that will be good. Winter in Florida is waaaaaay much better then winter in chicago! (obviously)

^I do not envy your weather, any time of year, LOL! The winter freezing looks incredibly harsh, not to mention the

icy windstorms. Brrrr. Add to that your searing summers. I don't know how most of you are "climatized" at all, to it any more?

Hope you get through it (again), ok. And Florida is a very very nice alternative, if only for "a few weeks."

Got robbed on Sunday afternoon. Can't sleep now, wife a wreck, kids nervous. Bastard turned a perfectly good household upside down. Have a very good gut feeling I know the perp, but really can't act on it. Cops say it's upgraded to a felony, but still no word from anyone there.

^I saw this on Facebook and just felt terrible for you guys. I'm so sorry you're having to go through it. I strongly believe in Karma and hope whoever broke in gets more than what's coming to them. Kristen would love to send the girls something so if you can privately message/email/facebook your address we can get it out to you right away.

^I saw this on Facebook and just felt terrible for you guys. I'm so sorry you're having to go through it. I strongly believe in Karma and hope whoever broke in gets more than what's coming to them. Kristen would love to send the girls something so if you can privately message/email/facebook your address we can get it out to you right away.

Thanks, awfully nice you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the adblocker app for my phone so i could finally watch youtube videos without the fricking stupid commercials that appear before the start of the video!! Well i learned that app either has a kink or youtube is just greedy and sly as the commercials STILL appear even on the adblocker app!! It works for other sites yet not youtube....If you go back several times you may be lucky enough to finally get it without a commercial. They are mostly either 15 seconds long or 30 and for the most part wont let you skip!! At least but something entertaining for us while we are forced to wait! Oh and if I had a shot for every time i seen a Macy's ad Id probably be in a coma....Macy's leave youtube alone please no one cares! We just want to watch our videos! Thanks!

So sad.

Just heard coverage of the funeral they had for the sports players in Columbia,

South America, after that terrible plane crash.

So sad.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I have this friend who always uses rich vocabulary all the time! It gets sooooo annoying because i feel i have to look up stuff every time i have a conversation with her or ask her the meaning of a word she used and she often gets annoyed about it too!! At times its like she is speaking another language! A language called Look-How-Smart-I-Soundenese! BS-ing with friends shouldnt be a chore!

^I getcha, but I deal with the opposite issue: when I use words that feel right to me, I'm confident in their meaning and they're part of my normal vocabulary, I get accused of using "big words." Even though that's just how I talk/write, and trust me, my vocabulary is not super out-there.

I did used to sorta unintentionally "correct" people by saying a "better" word after they'd say something, but someone noticed me doing that so hopefully I've stopped.