TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

People are already saying awful, hateful things about the massacre in Orlando. How could anyone believe anyone deserves something like that??? I'm a Christian and anyone else who professes themselves Christian should NOT hate other people or wish them dead; probably the most important virtue of the Bible is LOVE, so anyone who flings around the handful of verses that mention homosexuality should focus more on the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of verses that tell us to love one another, not hate, and not judge! It really pisses me off because this kind of thing is not what God wants for us! And even if you don't believe in a god, there is still decent HUMANITY and in no way is it okay for this sort of thing to happen!

Alright it's really pissing me off that everyone is politicizing this event. 50 innocent lives were taken. Shouldn't we be focusing on the lives lost instead of using it as an argument for having more surveillance for Muslims or for using it as an argument for gun control? Like when I turned on Facebook I expected to see a bunch of posts saying "Pray for Orlando", but then all I saw were a bunch of posts about "Well if we had done this or that the shooting would not have happened". Our thoughts should be with those who were attacked and their family members, not on how we can use the event to further political points.

People are already saying awful, hateful things about the massacre in Orlando.

Yeah. The big picture issues have been covered a million times, but there are some smaller things I've had the misfortune of seeing that are inexplicable and infuriating as well.

^ To add to that even further...we also shouldn't have to worry about leaving our homes to go to work, shopping, out to eat or even to a theme park - no matter what race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.

If one more person says in public, "it will harm America" i.e gay marriage opponents; civil liberties opponents; ...

I say, "America" Is Harming US.

And I include myself amongst everyone I know (and don't) in the US.A.

So when a guy shoots up a church in the name of racism, all the news channels for the next couple weeks spend all of its time talking about "Is racism still in America?". This even sparked the whole confederate flag debate, which was a HUGE deal.

However, when a guy shoots up a club in the name of homophobia, all people can talk about is how we should ban guns.

This is really something. It has been a really bad week for us in Fla. But this shows how much the people of this area are responding. On, wednesday, the Tampa Bay rays announced that the game b/tw them and the SF giants were offering tickets for only 5 bucks in honor of, Alll proceeds to go to the victims of the PULSE massacre. It was announced at 8 am wednesday. I asked my husband if we should go and he gave a resounding yesI . We bought our tickets around 3 pm and the only thing left were the nose bleed seats. When the 6 pm news came on it was announced that the entire stadium had been sold out. That is over 40 thousand people. !!! Tonite will be .. I don't know, Awesome , sad and incredible. I haven't been to a MLB game since I was a kid In 1969 when Euclid beach was still open. It was the Cleveland Indians and I got an autograph from Ken Hairilson. ( still treasured to this day, he was so hot) he he.

Also Saturday morning in St Pete at the Holocaust Museum, a vigil will will be held for a local guy that was slain sunday. He was a true hero as he was honored by the museum in 2002 , as a kid, for the Anne Frank Humanitarian Award for his work in starting the first Gay straight Alliance in Pinellas county.

It has been so sad around these parts.

I know my spelling etc. is not good right now, but we are still torn up and not really worried about perfect prose. sorry.

People who can't drive, and don't know how to use roundabouts.

So me and another person get to a roundabout at the same time (one of those poxy "mini roundabouts" which are basically a small white circle at a junction). He's on my right, so it's his right of way, but he stays there anyway. There's nobody for him to give way to.

After waiting for a few seconds (and being beeped by people behind), I decide to go anyway, and as I'm partly on the roundabout the other guy decides to go and nearly goes into my side.

And people who don't indicate. Yes, I'll wait here because you're not indicating so I assume you're going straight on and hence I need to stop for you. Oh, you're going left so I needn't have bothered, but are too much of a lazy sod to indicate?

And cyclists - get off the bloody pavement! That's twice you've hit my son's pushchair now. And yes, I have seen a pavement cyclist knock over some pedestrians and ride off, whilst the pedestrians he knocked over looked fairly bruised. Still surprised at the one who cycled through a zebra crossing full of kids and didn't stop, but instead went straight through a (pretty narrow) gap.

If you could NOT park in front of my recycling can, and be caught standing right by your car "innocently" watching while the recycling truck drives past...that would be great.

Thanks for listening, and stay tuned for our next edition of First World Problems!

Some stupid patents let their special needs son shoot fireworks directly at my dad's house a few hours ago, and said fireworks nearly hit my stepmom as she was leaving the house to see why people were shooting fireworks off after midnight. I'm sorry, but the kid was definitely underage and nowhere near qualified to be handling fireworks, and the parents didn't care one bit that their child could have injured my stepmom or worse, caught my house on fire.

Need to rant it here...

If DISNEYLAND had opened in these times, instead of 1955, and still had the problems it

had, the social media would probably kill it off and it wouldn't survive a year's opening.

But - back then, the management, including Disney, could control some, if not all at times,

information about a future attraction and not have the gp all over them, etc. Best Last Example

of this was probably Indy Jones in DL. It opened in 1995 and the social media didn't really start

up until a few years later....yes? No?

Anyway, I find the whole hate thing on DW (in it's thread), sad and disappointing. I do hope LR

eventually opens, the coaster in question, but for now give the park and management a break!

They're doing all that they can to get the thing running more often and more reliably, than how it started out.

Rant over. grrrrrrrrr....

/StartRant

I'm so sick of this Pokemon Go sh!t. It has gotten way out of hand. We had random guest outside my place of employment today asking if they could come in (Hours before we opened) to try to catch a Pokemon. (Which we can't let them in before public hours for safety reason.) Then I have managers and co-workers walking out in the middle of their shift to go find near by Pokemon leaving me to do all the work while they are gone. . . For hours on end. I am sick of it, and I'm sick of the hundreds of thousands of screen shots of it all over social media.

/EndRant

/StartRant

I'm so sick of this Pokemon Go sh!t. It has gotten way out of hand. We had random guest outside my place of employment today asking if they could come in (Hours before we opened) to try to catch a Pokemon. (Which we can't let them in before public hours for safety reason.) Then I have managers and co-workers walking out in the middle of their shift to go find near by Pokemon leaving me to do all the work while they are gone. . . For hours on end. I am sick of it, and I'm sick of the hundreds of thousands of screen shots of it all over social media.

/EndRant

It's actually gotten to the point to where I won't bother to try and talk to someone if they're playing Pokemon Go because I might as well just talk to a wall. It's like the moment they start playing, nothing and no one around them matter anymore.

My rant about P-Go, is that now, all of a sudden, not only do we have to deal with people using their cellphones, etc. on

sidewalks, and NOT bothering to look up.... now we have this to deal with. And I am willing to bet that a huge percentage

of these P-Go players do NOT take responsibility totally for what they're doing.

I do not need the extra responsibility of watching out for these persons, while watching for kids and groups going

all over the place in a park. I refuse to.

I also think there's going to be (sadly) at least one death connected to this game, and several fights breaking out in parks,

while a player didn't see, and ended up banging into an individual, or a child, or a group. And they will be ANGRY, esp.

if a child is involved.

To me, this is as bad as selfie-sticks.