TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I hate it when people claim to be "animal lovers" and are for "animal rights" when the only animals they care about are cute ones. Like, a lot of people don't care that the Bluefin Tuna is being overfished into extinction (its already endangered) due to the high demand for sushi. People don't care because "oh its just a fish, they don't matter" when they are a VERY important apex predator in the ocean and their extinction will cause substantial environmental damage.

So please, don't call yourself an "animal lover" if you only like the cute ones. You have to care about ALL animals, even the ugly ones.

If you text and drive, you don't deserve a license. This is the second time this week someone in my town was killed by a distracted moron on their phone. Seriously nothing and I mean nothing is important enough for you to text behind the wheel. Can't stand the selfishness of people out there.

Discovered that a really good Mexican place I was planning on eating lunch at closed a couple months ago. I'm assuming it closed because everyone wanted to eat at the Chipotle next door. So I had to settle for said Chipotle instead. Not bad, but the place that closed was definitely better.

I just discovered the cool train and models store in a mall downtown, I regularly visit....has closed up.

It had the Japanese "Corgi-style" cars to buy, not unlike the ones I bought at Tokyo Disneyland. Which

are wonderful in detail and theming.

Hmmm. Will have to wait for the next Tokyo Disney trip, I guess.

2120943196_ResizeofIMG_3084.JPG.8b0e4d7cced0c81bed5ae680d63914f8.JPG

What I got in Tokyo Disneyland, TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Discovered that a really good Mexican place I was planning on eating lunch at closed a couple months ago. I'm assuming it closed because everyone wanted to eat at the Chipotle next door. So I had to settle for said Chipotle instead. Not bad, but the place that closed was definitely better.

That sucks. Was it an independent restaurant that closed? Hole in the wall Mexican restaurants often make better, more authentic food than chains do. We have quite a few mom & pop Mexican places here in my hood in Chicago. Given the choice, I'd rather eat at a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant over Chipotle.

I hate school, and when people treat an opinion as fact.

Or vice versa--when people treat a fact like an opinion.

I am hating my calculus class so much right now. I've always been able to handle my school and academic life pretty well compared to others, but second semester calculus is really getting to me. And I want to be a civil engineer, so I can't exactly BS my way through...

Everything makes sense in class, then I come home and do the homework and nothing seems to click. Ugh.