TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Justin Bieber is in Norway, and apparently that needs to be the top headline on every newspaper....

Especially when he gets mad at his audience, and walks offstage... I mean, wtf?

That made news over here, and I apologize for that, on behalf of Canada.

1037484577_ResizeofCanadaEARSwdw2011.jpg.23c744b301b3c75af6abf875097fcd4f.jpg

Canada - Home of The Bieb, The Snowbird, and CELINE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Long story short, am playing role of intern maint manager, had budget mtg with uppers, found out salary of my other supervisors counterparts that sit around all day and do jack shit. I'm well underpaid!!!! And now playing intern manager like an idiot. Everytime I think I can move up or make a name, I get it ran up my ass. When will I learn.

I go crazy when either (or both sometimes) these

two mis-posted things occur, in their own fashion

in any posts on this site....

There ~Their ~ They're

AND/OR

The ' : Plural vs. Ownership

Rant over.

WARNING: LONG TEXT AHEAD.

This is the single most annoying thing ever...

Schoolkids...

This the story.

I am in a secondary school (my third year in this torture chamber). Being the 14 year old coaster enthusiast I am, I randomly ask people in my year what the best coaster they have ridden is... 90% of the time they say Stealth at Thorpe Park. Although I haven't ridden Stealth yet, I find it so crazy they prefer a 12 second ride over a 127ft wing coaster with epic near misses and good theming. I just don't understand. I ask them what their favourite amusement/theme park is. 99% of the time it's Thorpe Park. Thorpe Park. Thorpe Park. THORPE PARK!!

Being the 'know-it-all' about theme and amusement parks in my school, they then started to ask me questions. Stupid ones. VERY stupid ones. They ask me "How fast does Stealth at Thorpe Park go?" and I just say "80mph in 2.3 seconds". They are genuinely amazed on how I know how fast it goes. IT SAYS IT AT THE ENTRANCE!!! They then ask me the most idiotic things like "How many pieces of track are there on Saw?" and "How many stones are in the park?" and other ridiculously impossible questions. I say "I don't know!" and then they say how I actually know nothing about Thorpe Park due to their 'questions'.

The sad thing is, 75% of the people in my year have been to Thorpe Park three or four or more times! AND I'VE ONLY BEEN THERE ONCE! And I already know more then them!

On Saturday the 14th of November (my 14th birthday), I went to Adventure Island Southend and the Sea-Life Centre. I wore the wristbands ever since (for now). It was the last lesson on Friday 20th (Maths) and near the end of the day, a group of boys and girls spotted a wristband on me. They wanted me to show it and I showed Adventure Island's logo on the wristband and PEOPLE ASKED IF IT WAS THORPE PARK. First of all, ALL of you in my year know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Thorpe Park! You have been there fifty times and you didn't know they don't do wristbands? You don't know the difference between Thorpe Park's logo and Adventure Island's logo? This is how INTO THORPE PARK you are! Thorpe Park is the ONLY theme/amusement park you all EVER talk about! They don't even think about other awesome parks like Chessington, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Brighton Pier, Oakwood, Pleasurewood Hills, Paulton's Park, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and MANY more epic parks! When I name theme parks outside the UK they listen for about five seconds and then completely blank me out.

At lunchtime, the 'Base' opens so we play on the computers, do homework, watch videos, chill out or just play games. I like to watch videos of rides.

I watch a video of the TIme Machine at Adventure Island. People ask "Is that at Thorpe Park?"

I watch a video of the top ten fastest coasters in the world. People ask "Is that coaster at Thorpe Park?"

"Is that Thorpe Park?" "Is that Thorpe Park?" "IS THAT THORPE PARK?!"

I watch a video of Stealth at Thorpe Park, bored out of my mind watching random Coaster-Force (nice try) videos. People say "OMG THAT'S STEALTH THE BEST RIDE EVER IT GOES LIKE 50MPH!!!" (actual quote)

I watch a video of The Swarm. Nobody's interested.

Slammer? Nemesis Inferno? Saw: The Ride? Colossus? Rush? Zodiac? Vortex? X? Flying Fish? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Everything everyone's interested about is Stealth. Stealth and Stealth.

They think they're a know-it-all about Thorpe Park and others. But in reality, it's like they've never even heard of it.

Here are the two logos... Apparently they don't know the difference between these.

200px-ThorpeParkLogo.gif.7999428306fde347d746e67a4db2c6dd.gif

Adventure_Island_logo.png.eb66c413fd0b80e4834b303f083677cf.png

AGH! Rant finally over...

WARNING: LONG TEXT AHEAD.

This is the single most annoying thing ever...

Schoolkids...

This the story.

I am in a secondary school (my third year in this torture chamber). Being the 14 year old coaster enthusiast I am, I randomly ask people in my year what the best coaster they have ridden is... 90% of the time they say Stealth at Thorpe Park. Although I haven't ridden Stealth yet, I find it so crazy they prefer a 12 second ride over a 127ft wing coaster with epic near misses and good theming. I just don't understand. I ask them what their favourite amusement/theme park is. 99% of the time it's Thorpe Park. Thorpe Park. Thorpe Park. THORPE PARK!!

Being the 'know-it-all' about theme and amusement parks in my school, they then started to ask me questions. Stupid ones. VERY stupid ones. They ask me "How fast does Stealth at Thorpe Park go?" and I just say "80mph in 2.3 seconds". They are genuinely amazed on how I know how fast it goes. IT SAYS IT AT THE ENTRANCE!!! They then ask me the most idiotic things like "How many pieces of track are there on Saw?" and "How many stones are in the park?" and other ridiculously impossible questions. I say "I don't know!" and then they say how I actually know nothing about Thorpe Park due to their 'questions'.

The sad thing is, 75% of the people in my year have been to Thorpe Park three or four or more times! AND I'VE ONLY BEEN THERE ONCE! And I already know more then them!

On Saturday the 14th of November (my 14th birthday), I went to Adventure Island Southend and the Sea-Life Centre. I wore the wristbands ever since (for now). It was the last lesson on Friday 20th (Maths) and near the end of the day, a group of boys and girls spotted a wristband on me. They wanted me to show it and I showed Adventure Island's logo on the wristband and PEOPLE ASKED IF IT WAS THORPE PARK. First of all, ALL of you in my year know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Thorpe Park! You have been there fifty times and you didn't know they don't do wristbands? You don't know the difference between Thorpe Park's logo and Adventure Island's logo? This is how INTO THORPE PARK you are! Thorpe Park is the ONLY theme/amusement park you all EVER talk about! They don't even think about other awesome parks like Chessington, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Brighton Pier, Oakwood, Pleasurewood Hills, Paulton's Park, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and MANY more epic parks! When I name theme parks outside the UK they listen for about five seconds and then completely blank me out.

At lunchtime, the 'Base' opens so we play on the computers, do homework, watch videos, chill out or just play games. I like to watch videos of rides.

I watch a video of the TIme Machine at Adventure Island. People ask "Is that at Thorpe Park?"

I watch a video of the top ten fastest coasters in the world. People ask "Is that coaster at Thorpe Park?"

"Is that Thorpe Park?" "Is that Thorpe Park?" "IS THAT THORPE PARK?!"

I watch a video of Stealth at Thorpe Park, bored out of my mind watching random Coaster-Force (nice try) videos. People say "OMG THAT'S STEALTH THE BEST RIDE EVER IT GOES LIKE 50MPH!!!" (actual quote)

I watch a video of The Swarm. Nobody's interested.

Slammer? Nemesis Inferno? Saw: The Ride? Colossus? Rush? Zodiac? Vortex? X? Flying Fish? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Everything everyone's interested about is Stealth. Stealth and Stealth.

They think they're a know-it-all about Thorpe Park and others. But in reality, it's like they've never even heard of it.

Here are the two logos... Apparently they don't know the difference between these.

[attachment=0]200px-ThorpeParkLogo.gif[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Adventure_Island_logo.png[/attachment]

AGH! Rant finally over...

The Gp is moronic. Plain and Simple.

I've been waiting to finish Half-Life 2 for nearly a decade now. The game itself is still one of the best ever IMO, and they released two episodes after the initial game to continue the story. Episode 2 ended on a major cliffhanger, Valve announced they would be making at least two more episodes and we've not heard anything since.

At this point its a running joke that Half-Life 3 will never exist, but I'm 28 now and this would be one of the only video games I'd be really excited about buying.

Aren't we in this community simply to have fun at theme parks? You see "something less than what's been done before," I see "a brand-spankin' new roller coaster!!!"

Outside of the coaster realm, I'm becoming quite exhausted in the frequency of excessive violence going on in the U.S. this year. How can certain people make others feel paranoid in simply stepping outside or meeting certain people? Why can't we just get along...?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it's coming true real fast - world weather is changing drastically in some parts of the US and the world,

for the worse - and a very few for the better. The epic damage in the States is over whleming, and only over a few days.

Not a Rant, but more of a Terrible Reality emerging. Global Warming is starting to lift the lid of the boiling weather pot, off.