TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

"I'm sick and f*cking tired of having to literally sweat myself to death every time I tell someone a secret because I'm afraid they'll backstab me." (Blue0ctane)

A few words of advice to you...only tell a person you know you can trust. I generally keep my mouth shut, but I do have one or two people I can confide in. People tend to come to me because they know that my lips are sealed, and I'm takin' it to the grave.

I don't like being betrayed, so I won't betray others. That's only fair.

Eric

A few words of advice to you...only tell a person you know you can trust.

Problem is that in those formative teen years they have to learn how to tell who they can trust, they have to talk to learn how social interactions work and practice them, and they've got so much stuff and so many changes going on they have lots to talk about.

It sucked. I feel for you. But try to keep your personal stuff limited - it'll only come back to bite you if you don't.

Perfectly put.

I hate my right knee. I've screwed it up more times than most people have in their entire life. Nearly my entire kneecap is scar tissue from all the accidents I've had. Today I scraped a load of skin off of it sliding into second.

I hate when people ignore others out of anger. IT SOLVES NOTHING!! It just makes it worse by building the anger, and never resolving the confict. Sometimes HS kids can be so strange...

*bows down* THANK YOU!!!!!!! I hate when people do that!!!!!!!!!

New York State.

In order to be "professionally certified", i need to get my grad degree AND have three years of teaching experience within five years. However, there are no jobs here, and UB won't give me any financial aid. Therefore, I am screwed. I can't afford to take summer classes now because they'll give me absolutely no financial aid WHATSOEVER. So now i won't graduate until dec 07 at the earliest, leaving me with 2.5 years to get my three years of teaching experience in. I'm done.

All this trouble for a career which will never even pay well. Whoop dee doo, what a smart person I was when I chose to be a music major. If I could go back and bash 16-year old Nicole on the head with a book, I would. Knock some sense into her.

This has simply NOT been my week.

So now i won't graduate until dec 07 at the earliest, leaving me with 2.5 years to get my three years of teaching experience in. I'm done.

So does that mean you have to start the three years all over again after your graduation, or...? Sounds like the whole situation really sucks, hope you get everything sorted out.

My rant... People who start off saying it's fine for you to act a certain way around each other, that they don't want anything different, then suddenly change their mind out of the blue and decide that they want to do a complete 180, and get really arsey with you when you get annoyed that they've broken the terms of the agreement. So now you aren't speaking to each other, only nobody knows that there was an agreement in the first place, so you have to be civil to each other in public, although you're quietly cursing each other... Grrr...

My friend came to Boomers with me and my bro yesterday. So its around 5:00 and his mom randomly calls him up saying he has to go spend the night at Camp Pendelton. He started getting pissed off, saying that people should at least tell him in advance of what he is doing later. I would personally hate if someone randomly told me of something that I had to do that I didn't really want to. End rant.

---Brent

^AMEN! I hate that!

I hate the amount of people in my school who love RAP. I don't get what it is about rap. It's just a bunch of guys basically saying, "Hey, check out my money, cars, and teeth. Sleep with me, ho!" really fast, to un-catchy backbeats. I don't understand how anyone could call that "good music". It's not even music! The worst part about my entire school liking rap is that everybody thinks I'm "a goth". So I own a black hoodie with a skull on it and I like hard rock, that doesn't make goth! There are about three other people in my entire school who would rather listen to Alkaline Trio than 50 Cent, two of them being my best friends. The other 99.8 percent of my school loves to listen to people talking fast. I would rather listen to Celine Dion than any rapper. I HATE RAP!!!!!!!!!!

Damn U.S. border patrol. When we went up to Canada on a school trip, it took us about ten minutes for them to get to us, and another ten to check our passports. Coming back to the U.S, we waited 40 minutes in line, then another half-hour for them to get on the bus, and then another ten for them to check us. Oh well, Canada was pretty cool. And I got rode my first foreign coaster.

I was supposed to go to KBF today, but when my dad said we were going to my grandma's hosue, I was kinda mad. I mean, I love my grandma and all, but I've been planning to go to KBF all week. It's like what I posted earlier. I hate when people just now teel you that you have to go somewhere, but you've been planning to go somewhere else all week.

---Brent

I never thought this day would come, the day middle school would come and bite me in the ass... It's a long story though...

To sum it up, basically some kid decided to bring up a bad memory and use it against me. So now I feel pissed off and for the first time, a little bit emo.

Eh, hope some Ska music would cheer it up though.

I went to Playland yesterday, to get my "season playpass" (yeah, whatever) and to take in what they've got set up for this year....

UGH. I swear to the Theme Park Gods this has got to be one of the most poorly put-together amusement centers ever..... put together. And this is what we have, no are stuck with year after year after...

I was planning to take my camera for Opening Day pix, but honestly? It's too embarrassing-looking to even think of snapping a pic or more. One big rectangular piece of ashphalt, with mainly flats (ooollllld flats) that make the whole setup look like it's an ongoing Travelling Carnival that is always on the verge of pulling up stakes and heading on to another town.....

Did the Coaster 3 times, the Corkscrew (Final Dest:3's coaster?)once, once each on the two new flats (Breakdance and Gladiator/ by the way, WTF do swampboat-like vehicles have to do with Rome???) for this season, and the Beach Party ride. 7 ridings in all. Which was enough for the time spent there.

And one vehicle ONLY, running on the Wild Mouse, so of course The Lineup formed immediately. I skipped that. And the ugly uuuuuughly flume ride.

Am going back Monday, once the rains have quit up for this Easter Weekend. Maybe take a few pix just to show you all how frustratingly ARRRRRRRRGH this "Western Canada's Largest Amusement Center" is.

I am now very sorry I missed the actual Travelling Rides Carnival that hit town back in mid-March. Plenty more newer, clean flats and probably some really great ones too, if I'd gone.

People. Just people. Seems like everybody around me is behaving very strangely at the moment... I would say maybe it's *me* that's the problem, and maybe it partly is, but everybody seems to think everybody else is being odd too so... Maybe it's all of us. I'm sick of trying to sort out everyone else's problems, I'd love to just step back from it all, but it seems to be in my nature to try and fix everything, and everybody uses me as a therapist. Grrr.