TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

No trees in my backyard, but they are now after an impressive storm. Going to be no help on home owners since premium is too high and "even if it's your neighbors tree the second it crosses your line it's your responsibility, just hope you have nice enough neighbors to help with it".

image.thumb.jpg.15dfdf8a65aa18e73633093b2ebc2b2d.jpg

When thugs think it's OK to take their bigass pick up truck, drive it on the sidewalk, plowing through a public park where people are walking and then shout empty threats at me because I have the audacity to stare at them DRIVING ON A F*CKING PUBLIC SIDEWALK like they own the place. Felt like something you'd see in one of those crazy Russian driving videos.

• 3 weeks later...

Grrr. Told a friend to call me in the early afternoon so we can get together later.

So - when I am out, doing errands and stuff in the morning, naturally he calls me around

10 am, leaves a message like "well, since you're not there, I'll call later...". And then he doesn't

call back till muuuch later than I expected, mid-late afternoon.

What didn't he understand about my asking him to call in the afternoon? And if he was going

to be late in calling me, why didn't he say that on the machine? And in the end, it was too late

for us to get together, by the time he called.

I just don't get human memory, some times.

I'm so sick of Instagram. There had been numerous times I've seen my own photos reposted to many other people's accounts, some even taking credit for capturing said photo(s).

Then there are those who re-post photos/video of something hard to find or not found anywhere else, and refuse to tell where they found it... It get's even crazier when legitimate sources credit THAT account as the main source for the image/video when they're not the ones who actually own it...

What's been pissing me off lately:

1. People who leave their dogs outside in the heat all day, especially the big ones that start barking the minute they pull out of the driveway and don't stop until 5 minutes before someone comes home. That security dog can't be much cheaper to feed and clean up after than a friggin alarm system!

2. The same people who go off on a day or weekend trip and leave their dog outside all night, where he howls at the moon, the jets flying over, other dogs, loud cars, and anything that moves in the 3 block area surrounding the house.

3. Oversensitive asshats, combined with

4. the nanny state.

Very tiny NL2 pet peeve of mine:

To those who build and perfect one coaster in NL2, then decide to build a second coaster to act as "decoration," please spend time to make said second coaster somewhat decent. It hurts to see a smoother, better flowing, and highly detailed coaster be accompanied by something that looked to have been slapped together in 30 minutes just to look good from a distance. I take the time to ride and rate those coasters too, 'ya know. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it when we have to get the shift started by ourselves because the senior manager who is filling in for our boss is ten minutes late, then saunters over to the trailer that I'm loading like nothing happened when he does get there. We could easily run that goddamn shift by ourselves if it wasn't for certain tasks that managers have to perform.