TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I STILL HAVE TO WAIT 29 FREAKING DAYS TO SEE DAVID GILMOUR (the dude from Pink Floyd)!!!

(sorry, I'm getting close to the concert of concerts here and it's killing me)

But David Gilmour is pissing me off by playing such a short tour. I live near Minneapolis and he won't come near my area. Chicago is the closest show! Fat lazy bastard. I hope Roger Waters makes a return to Minnespolis when he plays the USA this fall. I saw him on his last tour and he will do the entire DSOTM album.

I STILL HAVE TO WAIT 29 FREAKING DAYS TO SEE DAVID GILMOUR (the dude from Pink Floyd)!!!

(sorry, I'm getting close to the concert of concerts here and it's killing me)

But David Gilmour is pissing me off by playing such a short tour. I live near Minneapolis and he won't come near my area. Chicago is the closest show! Fat lazy bastard. I hope Roger Waters makes a return to Minnespolis when he plays the USA this fall. I saw him on his last tour and he will do the entire DSOTM album.

I know, he pissed a LOT of people off (especially in Brazil) by making this tour so short. If I still lived in Cleveland, I would be really upset right now...I think Gilmour's just so lazy now, and greedy for money, he'll just play the major cities and be done with it.

I hope Roger plays a lot of cities too. I missed out on all that stuff he did the last few years (long story)... yeah, it would be cool if he did Dark Side like he's gonna do in France and stuff.

Dude, I've been there (in fact, I've been waiting 10 years for this show and I've still got 19 days to go). I hope you see someone Floyd-related live soon.

-amanda

My car's battery died today. It's been working fine, but today, death to it.

Fortunately, my wife hadn't left for her mom's yet and was able to come over and jump start me. Plus, Pep Boys was open and was able to put a new one in right away.

Eric

Why can't any company figure out a way to make a "hold" message worthwhile? Either you're listening to some stupid song that puts you to sleep for 20 minutes, there is no response at all for 20 minutes, or they keep interrupting every 20 seconds to tell you 'your call is important to us, please continue to hold.' I find being on hold really annoying, and not just because I have to wait.

I've been riding this friggin exer-bike for almost 3 weeks now.

As of tomorrow morning, if I don't show that there's a drop of at least 5 lb. I shall wig out and kill the scale!!!

Not that I should be weighing myself every day - but I did, bite me - and I did cut down a LOT of my snacks (i.e practically none, now) and and of my regular eating, AND I am drinking a lot more water daily, too.... and the numbers hardly budge. Grrr. But now I go (my bad) and buy a brand-new scale with tinier numbering in it's "wheel" - and it puts a few pounds back on to what I thought I lost! (omg)

( TILL TOMORROW...)

I hate my knees! As some of you know, in November of last year I was diagnosed with osgood schlatter (a freakin painfull knee diasease). This past weekend I was doing stadiums on steel bleachers when I slipped and fell. I hit my knees on one of the steps. And today at running practice, I had to drop out of the workout because my knees started hurting.

---Brent

It's my cousin's funeral tomorrow and I don't have anything to wear. I mean, I have my standard black trousers and sweater that I wore for my auntie's funeral a couple of months back, but I don't want to wear the same thing simply because it's becoming "the funeral outfit". I know worrying about what to wear for a funeral is totally ridiculous because it's not like anybody notices and there are far more important things to think about but for some reason this is bothering me. It would've been nice to have some spare cash and actually go out and buy something as I'd like to look nice for my cousin. I hate funerals.

i hate school so much, stupid precalculus, and my teacher hates me. They realy need to get rid of tenure, so the bad teachers can get fired. She talks about alchoal and smoking pot with us, some times its fun but she is a realy crapy teacher, and she hates giving help. And dont even try and ask a question.

WHY CAN'T THERE BE A WORLD WHERE YOU CAN TRUST PEOPLE WITH SECRETS WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT THEM GODDAMN BACKSTABBING YOU

I'm sick and f*cking tired of having to literally sweat myself to death every time I tell someone a secret because I'm afraid they'll backstab me.

Six Flags Rants...

This really deserves its own thread.

I want a friggin lid. If I decide to buy anything other than a plastic refillable bottle, I get shafted on a lid. If I pay more than $2.50 for a drink, I should get a friggin lid.

Please dont run an empty train. Opening weekend at SFFT, they ran 3 trains on Superman but only filled two The line was at least 20 minutes. Keep in mind they still had to go check all empty seat restraints anyway. This happened for most of the morning.

Also on a Scream (They consistently launch 1-2 empty seats.) and not all parks have an single rider queue.

I will say SFOT was much better at this.

Slow Ride Ops. There should not be three stopped trains on a track.

"Behind the (fill in the color) Line" Some SF ride ops are just overly anal about this.

$10 PLUS to park. OUCH!!! I want a Six flags Nationwide parking pass.. I would gladly pay $150-200 for this each year.

Inconsistent rules... Each SF park has different rules/procedures. While some of this is expected, there are somethings that are really weird.

Case/Point--> SFFT and SFOT both have preferred parking. Each park has $5 upcharge for this 'better' parking area. The difference occurs when you buy a parking pass. At SFOT, I can use the full cost (including $5 upcharge) towards season parking. At SFFT, I can only apply standard parking fee to season parking... losing the $5 upcharge. There are some other oddities.... some parks have single rider queue and some do not. etc[/b]

Jerry

edit: PS I will note that SF is making some huge improvements for 2006. I am hoping for the best.