TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^Right now it is -9 degrees Fahrenheit, with a -22 degree wind chill. It is COLD ENOUGH! I planned on going to Duluth today, but thanks to extremely cold weather, that isn't going to happen. On the bright side, it'll warm up tomorrow, so I can go to then!

Dear state department of transportation:

It is really nice of you to add heaters underneath the new intersection you put in the brand new underpass, so ice does not accumulate beneath to cause accidents.

However, the road makes a sharp decrease in elevation right before reaching this intersection. And, you failed to add any such technologies to this bit. I really wished you took this design flaw into account after I lost traction trying to gently stop at your new stoplight, sliding in to the intersection and barely making it out the other end without crashing.

It does not surprise me that the Nevada Department of Transportation pulls off massive flaws like this-they already designed the massive failure of the Galena Creek Bridge, costing taxpayers insane amounts of money to fix.

Every time I hear someone say "Pit bulls are dangerous" it pisses me off so much, especially after reading Time magazines BS article on them. I'm honestly more of a "pit bull enthusiast" than a theme park one. I've been around dogs all my life and they're the sweetest breeds I've ever been around. I have plenty of friends with pit bulls and the only thing they do is lick you and cuddle with you. Anyone who thinks they should be banned needs to be educated.

I'm 15 (right in the middle of my growth spurt) and it seems like I am growing so unevenly. I'm currently 5'7" (and the doctor said I am still going to grow quite a bit), yet my legs are freakishly long adult-sized legs, and I feel like I still have the torso of a 10 year old.

I've been wearing the same sized shirts/jackets for over a year now, yet I've gone through so many pairs of pants/shorts that became too small for me.

Come on, torso. Grow! I don't really mind if I stay 5'7", but at least make me proportional!

Nothing annoys me more then when you come across someone who's homeless and you help them and the people behind you act like they're worthless.

I was at McDonalds and I saw an old lady who was ordering food as I was eating, and she was homeless. She ordered 4 chicken mcnuggets and thats it. She had $4. I literally felt horrible and I wanted someone to help her. She ended up just about paying. I was disgusted, so I got up and paid for it and bought her fries and a 6 piece mcnugget. People are so ridiculous. When you come across someone who's struggling to have food or a home, HELP THEM. Don't be an ass! It's not right! How would you like it if you were in that position!

^ I just had the oddest experience tonight at KFC. There was a homeless looking guy lurking around outside. He approaches me and starts giving me a sob story about his mom kicking him out, no money, needs a ride to downtown, etc. I don't know if it's true or not, so I ask if he wants some food from KFC and that I'd go in to get it. He says no, he needs a ride to downtown. I offer him money to take the bus and he's insistent he needs a ride in my car. I'm with my mom and my 1 year old so there is no way that's happening. Even if they weren't there, that's not happening. He keeps saying I swear I just need a ride. Then he goes, "I promise I'm normal, you can even handcuff me if you want to." As if that's not weird enough, he then pulls out a pair of handcuffs!! At that point I said here's some change, take the bus and then drove out of there!

^ I just had the oddest experience tonight at KFC. There was a homeless looking guy lurking around outside. He approaches me and starts giving me a sob story about his mom kicking him out, no money, needs a ride to downtown, etc. I don't know if it's true or not, so I ask if he wants some food from KFC and that I'd go in to get it. He says no, he needs a ride to downtown. I offer him money to take the bus and he's insistent he needs a ride in my car. I'm with my mom and my 1 year old so there is no way that's happening. Even if they weren't there, that's not happening. He keeps saying I swear I just need a ride. Then he goes, "I promise I'm normal, you can even handcuff me if you want to." As if that's not weird enough, he then pulls out a pair of handcuffs!! At that point I said here's some change, take the bus and then drove out of there!

That is easily one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard! I hope the handcuffs weren't the "sexy" ones!

I hate how microsoft compares a laptop to a tablet!!! Yes I am I site noob! But seriously?! Why do they compare the Surface Pro 3, a tablet/laptop, to a laptop? Of course, the Surface Pro 3 is going to have a touch screen, because it is a tablet! The Surface Pro three has a kickstand, well.... THE MBA HAS A CLAMSHELL DESIGN, WHICH WORKS BETTER IN THE LAP WITH THE KEYBOARD!!!!!! I am in no way bashing the surface pro 3, I actually like it to be honest....

I had to unload a trailer full of boxes of teddy bears at work last night that was cold as DICK. Only about 80 boxes (took me about five or six minutes), but it was at least -10F inside that stupid thing and my left hand was completely blue by the end of it thanks to some hereditary condition that makes me unusually sensitive to cold temperatures. Took me at least ten minutes to warm my hand back up to the point where it was mostly functional, and god damn did it hurt; I told my boss after that that I was not going to be unloading that particular trailer again until it warms up.

• 2 weeks later...