TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

The customer service for my school's lunch is simply atrocious. One time, I ordered a chicken sandwich a la carte. What did I get. A chicken sandwich meal. Well, at least I got what I wanted somewhat. But that's just the beginning. Yesterday, I ordered chicken nuggets. What did I get? A pizza! They probably ran out of chicken nuggets or something, but the person didn't give me any explanation. Keep in mind that these are students that are running the cafeteria.

To gentleman X who likes to walk around fully naked at the gym locker room and "hang out" with people he doesn't even know: when I'm sitting on the bench, do not stand right in front of me and talk to me when your weiner is the closest thing to my face, put on your underwear before you talk to me! I get it, you've got a great body but I feel uncomfortable when my first impression of you is your private part.

So... last night I decided to stop at Jack in the Box on the way home. I went through the drive-thru, and the guy on the speaker says in an annoyed tone: "Welcome to Jack in the Box, what do you want?"

I felt a little uneasy about this guy on the speaker, but I proceed to tell him what I wanted. In the middle of one of my sentences, he interrupts me yelling: "WAIT A MINUTE, HOLD ON!"

I stopped talking. He had me waiting for a while, and I was starting to get irritated.

When he's good and ready, he asks: "Okay, what do you want?"

I was was not liking this guy's attitude, so this is what I did: Instead of repeating my order, I ordered a ton of different random things off of the menu, and the total came out to $54.82. Keeping his annoyed tone, he says: "Yeah, yeah, okay, pull up to the window."

I pulled up to the window, and made it seem like I was having trouble finding my money. The guy was getting annoyed with me. I saw that the food was done, so I looked at him and said: "You can keep all that! And while you're at it, fix your attitude, and learn proper customer service!" Then I drove off.

Some people just aren't cut out to be in the customer service business. It's like I say: "If you don't like your job, QUIT." This guy was giving me an attitude like I was the one who made him come in and work the late shift.

I have worked in the customer service business before, and I have never had an attitude with customers no matter how rude they were to me, or how bad my day was.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated" -Matthew 7:12, The Bible

Coincidence of the day: this morning, I had a flashback to an infuriating (non-theme park) experience in 2012 that I try not to think about. Later today, I was searching my old TPR posts for something else. Turns out that in 2011, I replied to a rant about almost the exact same situation happening to someone else, in the same town, involving the same terrible company. I don't even remember making that post since it was just a random remark at the time. Just thought it was funny our two bad experiences were so similar, and that I came across that today without even trying. At least now I feel a little less alone in thinking it was something totally undeserved and worth getting upset about.

To my coworker: Dude, I have no problem with you as a person. You're on the shallow side and you're not particularly interesting, but you're not a bad dude. That being said, WHY THE **** ARE YOU SO BAD AT YOUR JOB!? You've been working here for close to a goddamn month at this point and you STILL work like you just started. We all dread getting stuck loading a trailer with you because we know that it'll take far longer than it has to because the belt will be getting shut off every ten minutes just so you can sort of catch up. STOP THINKING ABOUT WHERE THE ****ING PACKAGES GO AND JUST FIND A SPOT. This isn't goddamn rocket science, dude; when packages are piling the **** up and I'm racing to load as many as I can while you're still fumbling with the same one that you've had for the past forty-five seconds, I can't help but grow immensely frustrated. Fun fact: you know the other night when our boss had me cool off before I flew into a rage and started breaking ****? It wasn't just because I was angry about all the packages jamming on the belt (not that that wasn't part of it). It was also because I was sick of having to essentially do the work of two people. Again, I don't mind you as a person, but I swear to god that I am going to strangle you one of these days.

I've dismissed the idea before, but I really need to go on some kind of Internet fast or other conscious reduction in Internet use. My compulsive, mindless web surfing isn't just a poor use of my time, but is breeding unnecessary stress and negative energy that I could be channeling in more useful and constructive ways.

So today, out of the blue, my roommates leave a For Rent magazine in front of my door... Hinting much? I'm tired of people being too chickencrap to talk to me face-to-face! If you have a problem with me, STEP UP AND SAY IT! I will heard you out and calmly talk things over with you! If you want me to leave, TELL ME! Jiminy Christmas!

I really can't stand when someone tries to look over your shoulder while you're texting or sitting on your phone. No, I don't have anything to hide, but mind your own business. I also can't stand slow walkers, people who think they know everything, and people who constantly trash talk their friends and think they're a "good friend". UGH I deal with these kind of people constantly and it just annoys me. I have this "friend" in the performing arts department here who CONSTANTLY tries to put me down and say I'm not good enough and always has a bad attitude, but then somehow I'M the "bad friend". People can just bother me, LOL

^^Yeah, it sounds like the current viral trend of doing it as a chain is just a load of meaningless feel-good garbage (way too much of that going around these days).

On a similar note, is "suspended coffee" actually a thing, or just a rumor? That's where you pay for an extra cup of coffee...and the next person who asks for a "suspended" coffee gets it. Random...

A tight and winding two-lane road, pitch black and raining, yet you have the nerve to tailgate me with what seemed like your brights turned on for the entire way. When we got on the highway and you slowly drove past me in the left lane, that was the first time I ever felt like rolling down the window and flipping someone off.

Those stupid line jumpers, and I'm talking about the school cafeteria. My school is in a not-so-good area in Las Vegas (even though it's magnet), and that means not-so-good people. There's these idiots who try to cut in line, and it works. The hall monitors just tell us to "back up". That's not the best solution! The best solution is to tell those idiots to go to the back of the stupid line.

I hate it when people only contact me when they want something. If you're really my friend or family, you'll call me just to see how I'm doing, or you'll come visit me just to check up on me. My roommates and I used to be the best of friends... we were almost like a family, but they changed, and now they only talk to me when they want something. It's like we don't even live in the same house, yet we do. They act like I'm invisible when I'm in the same room as them, and they don't say anything if I tell them "Hi" or "Good morning" or anything... Yet they're going to communicate with me via TEXT MESSAGE when they're IN THE HOUSE and can easily just KNOCK ON MY DOOR. And they send me a text about helping to clean the front yard. Pfft, yeah right! They're the ones who smoke their cigarettes out front, and let their dogs piss and crap out there. I am NOT cleaning up after them. I will not help them with anything and I won't send them a text back either. Screw them. They're all immature, weird, nasty, pig-ish, deceitful idiots; and the sad part is they're OLDER than me!

Edited by Risky

• 2 weeks later...

My roommates are so disgusting. When I come home from a long night at work, I don't want to come into a house that smells like sweat, fish, and dog crap, and see my roommates there lounging on the couch watching TV. Obviously those Fabreeze commercials didn't clue them in. Then they're gonna get mad when I start spraying air freshener around the house. Sick pigs. And they wonder why I always stay in my room.

We have a sign in our yard for the upcoming civic election on the 15th. True to form, somebody last night (Halloween, what else?) decided they didn't like the sign, so it was pushed down. Now we have to put it back up and (hopefully) reinforce the frame holding the sign up...

Grrrr.