TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I am not a fan of how people on here trash on Six Flags for declining attendance and revenue but turn the other cheek when Cedar Fair and SeaWorld parks also have declining attendance/revenue and/or both. We don't need 2 lane roads on here. 1 is more than enough. Either trash all chains or trash no chains. And if Six Flags is down cause of rude customer service, What is Cedar Fair and SeaWorld Parks excuse? SeaWorld said it was because Diagon Alley opened late and Cedar Fair blamed it on Flooding at Valleyfair (Build a Wall around that place already!) and power outage at Cedar Point.

FYI, I am not a Six Flags apologist as I believe they do very stupid things but when other chains do the same and nobody talks about it, My red flag goes up.

Seaworld had an entire movie convincing people not to go there.

Even though it was a horribly inaccurate movie, it was a powerful movie psycologically and convinced many people not to go there.

Cedar Fair's claims can be held true too. A power outage leads to guests complaining about their time there, no matter how many things the park gives them to make their day better, and they complain to their families and friends, who complain to their families and friends, leading to an everlasting chain of people who are convinced Cedar Point and Valleyfair are bad parks. Also, building a wall around a hundred acre theme park would be a major investment and would probably help only a little, as it only flooded ONCE so far this entire year.

Plus, have you BEEN to SFFM, La Ronde, SFA, SFOT, or any of the bad SF parks?

I mean, SF definintly has a few gems, but when a majority of their parks are only okay down to horrible, they have some good reasons for getting a bad rap.

Therefore my entire rant was about this post.

I am not a fan of how people on here trash on Six Flags for declining attendance and revenue but turn the other cheek when Cedar Fair and SeaWorld parks also have declining attendance/revenue and/or both. We don't need 2 lane roads on here. 1 is more than enough. Either trash all chains or trash no chains. And if Six Flags is down cause of rude customer service, What is Cedar Fair and SeaWorld Parks excuse? SeaWorld said it was because Diagon Alley opened late and Cedar Fair blamed it on Flooding at Valleyfair (Build a Wall around that place already!) and power outage at Cedar Point.

FYI, I am not a Six Flags apologist as I believe they do very stupid things but when other chains do the same and nobody talks about it, My red flag goes up.

Seaworld had an entire movie convincing people not to go there.

Even though it was a horribly inaccurate movie, it was a powerful movie psycologically and convinced many people not to go there.

Cedar Fair's claims can be held true too. A power outage leads to guests complaining about their time there, no matter how many things the park gives them to make their day better, and they complain to their families and friends, who complain to their families and friends, leading to an everlasting chain of people who are convinced Cedar Point and Valleyfair are bad parks. Also, building a wall around a hundred acre theme park would be a major investment and would probably help only a little, as it only flooded ONCE so far this entire year.

Plus, have you BEEN to SFFM, La Ronde, SFA, SFOT, or any of the bad SF parks?

I mean, SF definintly has a few gems, but when a majority of their parks are only okay down to horrible, they have some good reasons for getting a bad rap.

Therefore my entire rant was about this post.

SFOT is a bad Six Flags park?

I really don't understand people who go right for the door handle of a closed public bathroom door rather than knocking! What if the person inside had forgotten to lock the door? I was in the bathroom on a train yesterday, and some woman kept trying to open the door, even after I said I would be out shortly. She even tried calling over one of the conductors, claiming that the door wouldn't open. When I finished and opened the door, she just had this surprised look on her face and said, "Ohhhh! Someone was in there, that's why it wouldn't open. I didn't check to see if the [occupied indicator] light was on."

Unlock door. Spread eagle. Make the weirdest creepiest face when lady opens the door. Lesson learned. Lady no longer will torture others.

Several traffic related ones:

Hey idiot who thinks he's Lance Armstrong: Just because you're riding a race bike does not mean you have the right to not follow the rules of the road. You see that red octagon that says STOP on it? Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do; stop the damn bike. It also means you have to signal using your left hand and actually learn how to signal, as well as following traffic lights. You see that pedestrian light? That's not for you unless you dismount your bike. I don't care if you're trying to "save the environment" and that "car drivers are the work of Satan and should be banished on the spot," you have to follow the rules of the road like everyone else.

To the hipster jaywalking: Just because you're in a hurry does not mean you can cross willy nilly; use the crosswalk like everyone else. Oh, and learn how to use pedestrian lights. If the light is red, that means to stop, and if you go when I have a green I will be honking my horn at you.

And finally, for the idiot in the Cadillac SRX that decided to take up two lanes: READ THE SIGNS. The leftmost lane with the left arrow means it's a left turning lane, which means you have to turn left. That doesn't give you the right to be in the middle of both lanes because you're lost.

Don't get me started on the roads here anyway; I shouldn't have to buy a rally car just to navigate them.

^I also get tired of bikers, but mostly stupid kids in my neighborhood who don't know how to get out of the middle of the road. There was two of them riding in front of me on my way home from work today and finally got over after riding a good 20 feet. It also doesn't help that it's dark out.

Another rant, my computer has got unbearlby slow a couple months ago to the point where I can't use the internet so I've been posting on here from my Xbox 360. Can't link anything on the forums, but at least I have the keyboard for the contoller.

^There was one time where my mom and I were coming home from work and in the middle of our street were two preteen girls riding their bikes, swerving back and forth across the road like they owned it, WEARING HEADPHONES! One swerved right in front of us and we almost hit her, and she couldn't hear the van coming or even the horn because she was listening to music. It's a really good thing my mom is such a vigilant driver, because that could have ended very badly.

I hate my job at FedEx because of staggering levels of incompetence at just about every level above my boss (who is actually pretty good at his job), and I'm currently trying to get one at UPS but failed to get an interview the first time around because the local center's HR head is retarded and thought that a 20-minute drive was "far". I was scheduled to do a center tour today but had to reschedule at the last minute because my goddamn alarm didn't go off. Now I have to wait another week, which is another week stuck at FedEx. I'm absolutely furious.

On Thursday I heard a song on the local pop station (the radio has it on at work, not my choice) that uses a sample from Spongebob Squarepants. Specifically, the "I'm ready" thing Spongebob says.

And I thought pop music couldn't get worse.

That awkward moment when I realize I've seen that band live (they're called AJR).

On Thursday I heard a song on the local pop station (the radio has it on at work, not my choice) that uses a sample from Spongebob Squarepants. Specifically, the "I'm ready" thing Spongebob says.

And I thought pop music couldn't get worse.

That awkward moment when I realize I've seen that band live (they're called AJR).

I love that song. Lol.

^You must have had it wrap around your leg or something, because the times I've been stung have not been bad at all. I just got some vinegar spray from the lifeguards, rubbed some sand on it, sat in the hot tub for about ten minutes and it was like it never happened. My dad had that happen like eight or so years ago where it wrapped around him and he still has a scar to this day.

I hate Activi$ion. It is a greedy stupid company that kills game franchises for NO REASON. They ruined two of my favorite game franchises: Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Spyro is lost to stupid skylanders games, and Crash has been dead for 6 years. I hope their company goes bankrupt and they lose EVERYTHING... Especially the rights to Crash and Spyro.

• 3 weeks later...

At marching band rehearsals, if we make a mistake/don't quite understand something, the band director calls us over and yells at us for wasting his time by making lots of mistakes, when in reality, him calling us over and yelling at us is wasting time.

Also, when teachers are all anal about phones going off in class. They go off on a big rant about how it is a distraction to the classroom, when in reality, the teacher giving that huge rant about it being a distraction is really a distraction.

Hypocrites.

EDIT: I would also like to add that marching band is a VERY UNDERRATED sport. I don't think people recognize how hard it really is! You have to play memorized music...with good tone quality...while marching to a certain spot on the field for 7 minutes straight...while keeping your feet in time...while doing visuals/dancing on holds/pauses. Take a look on Youtube of a good marching band...it's not easy!