TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I will be the (unofficial) TPR Nag until some people get it right....

So, now I see people accidently double posting in some threads,

but nobody seems to be doing anything about removing at least

one of their two posts.

Geez, how lazy are we, guys? It's really not that hard to figure out.

Grrrr.

(And remember. This is a RANT. Not something to argue about.)

• 2 weeks later...

I just miss a friend, who passed away from AIDS several months ago.

I have a photo of him the day he arrived in town,

from Calgary, wondering where the heck he was going

to fit in, sitting at the side curb of our annual gathering

of floats for our Pride Parade, by the Stanley Park

tennis courts. With a bit of a beer/bear belly, LOL.

I miss Doug. Must find that photo.

I absolutely hate it when parks have assigned seating for their roller coasters. After waiting in line for 90 minutes, it's extremely frustrating to be told where to sit. Also, certain seats on roller coasters have worse experiences than others (example: seats for larger guests on B&Ms), so when they assign you to rows with those seats, that's even more frustrating. One bad example of this is Manta at SeaWorld Orlando, where they assign you a seat regardless of the wait time, which was annoying because I always loved sitting in the back row. I'm okay with assigned seating on flat rides, but I disapprove of it when it's done on roller coasters. I know there are reasons for it, but still...

• 2 weeks later...

My sister is so hopelessly naive about everything; I can't stand her. She's the kind of person who lets Tumblr dictate every aspect of her life. All the shows she likes, all the music she listens to, her political views, her beliefs, all of it is because it's popular on Tumblr. She is totally convinced that school is the hardest and most stressful part of every person's life, and after she graduates her life will get so much easier. She believes some BS statistic that claims "Kids in school experience the same amount of daily stress as 1950s insane asylum patients." She says that high school will be the most stressful part of her life and once she starts her job it'll get 20x easier, yet here's the funny thing: She wants to be a field agent-criminal profiler for the FBI who helps catch serial killers. She is convinced that that job will be easier than anything she does in school, and refused to accept when our parents told her that she's horribly mistaken, and she started sobbing because of it. I hope she graduates and life just slaps her in the face to make her realize just how wrong she was. I will laugh at her when she fails and realizes "My family was right all along." Any struggles she meets after she graduates, she will deserve all of it because of how naive she is about the real world.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to a Fourth of July party on Friday in Long Island, and I was supposed to make a stop at Adventureland to get my first and last rides on Hurricane, but Hurricane Arthur had to come along and (ironically) close down the park. I do not blame Adventureland at all, and I'm glad they were concerned for the guests' safety to cease operations, but it was frustrating because that was my best shot at riding Hurricane.

On the plus side, I now have a day trip planned where I will get to ride Hurricane and even Thunderbolt at Luna Park. Spending a bit more money, but you can't put a price on these kinds of memories.

I HATE SATELLITE INTERNET!!! Because we have satellites we have HughesNet which if you dont know requires a data plan. We have 20gbs during the day and 20 at night. I woke up at 6:45 so i could update my phone which had 1.4gb download so i thought i had enough time since the intenet would switch to the daytime in an hour and fifteen minutes. (We only have 800 mbs lef during the day). It got to 30 % when our intenet dies. Of all times it dies then! So i waited and finally it came back up and it continued to download. Since im up way before i should i slowly fell asleep waking up 10 minutes before 8 to find the dowload reset....... Im soooooo ready to leave and go to college. Im seriously about to murder everyone afiliated with HughesNet.

Chicago hipsters, man. They claim that they don't support large companies, yet they all walk around using the latest Apple iPhone, shop for food at Whole Foods & Trader Joe's, and buy clothes at Urban Outfitters. "Hip"-acritical.

• 2 weeks later...

The resurrection of old British English variants of words like whilst, doth, hath, amongst, amidst, etc. by American kids on the Internet trying to sound intellectual blows my mind. It's spread around the Web, so now there's this buzz language half-way between Shakespeare and diarrhea, and I've unfortunately started hearing the style in public, too. "That shop maketh an epic sandwich, whilst also having a legendary location on the corner. Mind = blown." Yikes!

When you go to a movie theater, you are probably notified up to five times to turn off your cell phone; so how is it that I still hear text and ring tones in the middle of my movie? Also, I'm all for movie-going being a fun-for-the-whole-family ordeal, but why bring along your hyperactive child who was probably not even interested in seeing the movie in the first place? I don't know which is worst, the child kicking my seat due to boredom, or the mother constantly saying "Shut the **** up" to a 3 year old. Get a baby-sitter.

I am not a fan of how people on here trash on Six Flags for declining attendance and revenue but turn the other cheek when Cedar Fair and SeaWorld parks also have declining attendance/revenue and/or both. We don't need 2 lane roads on here. 1 is more than enough. Either trash all chains or trash no chains. And if Six Flags is down cause of rude customer service, What is Cedar Fair and SeaWorld Parks excuse? SeaWorld said it was because Diagon Alley opened late and Cedar Fair blamed it on Flooding at Valleyfair (Build a Wall around that place already!) and power outage at Cedar Point.

FYI, I am not a Six Flags apologist as I believe they do very stupid things but when other chains do the same and nobody talks about it, My red flag goes up.

I hate wisdom teeth.

That is all.

I'm just quoting this post I made in 2011 because it still holds true to this day.

Screw wisdom teeth.

I only had to have two removed (I never developed upper wisdoms), but when I found out that they had to rip open my gums, chop the wisdoms up, and remove them in fragments, I wholeheartedly accepted their offers of anesthesia. The Jello/pudding diet was a bitch, too.