TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

When I went to go pick up my car, I was told the bearings in my steering wheel are messed up too. They might fuse together and i'll lose control of the car... hooray, i can't get it fixed until next friday and i commute an hour a day... oh man i hope i don't get stranded somewhere random!!

This stupid car... last February it cost 2000 to fix.. when will i just get a new freaking car instead of pouring money in this POS....lol

^^ So sorry to read about your car, nic. Wish I could lend you mine, lol.

But remember - we'll all be there for ya in June, to help cheer you up, no matter how crappy this scenario turns out, LOLOL!

~ Ranthugs ~

^ You seem to be fairly intelligent Ryan, you'll be fine. Honestly, I did NO revision for my KS3s and I sailed through, and supposedly they're a little easier now. Don't get too stressed about them, they don't matter too much anyhow, it's the GCSEs that are important, and if these exams decide your sets for next year... They'll move you up if you end up too low. Good luck!

I hate people who drive so close to my car in the fast lane doing 90mph and put their lights on full so they can overtake cos they can't be bothered to wait.

I don't like today's youth ( between 10 and 21 years ) as most of them do not have manners and are rude to everyone.

People driving while on their mobile phone are annoying and dangerous, I some times take a photo of them if I'm not driving.

People who kill other people and get "life" sentance, The judge goes all soft on them and they only get 20 years and let out to society to commit again, they should stay in prison for the rest of their lives.

All the "TAX" I have to pay in the UK, A right RIP OFF, can't wait to leave the country for Spain or Portugal

The more I read about other "local parks" and their niceities (sp?), the redder and redder I get over our crap-crap-crappy idea of a (woo hoo) "Local Amusement Park."

I mean - it's not even a park for WTF's sake! It's beasically an eff-ing rectangle of space, mainly asphalt, and not even that stuff they use real 'parks,' laughable landscaping and generally, a cruddy setup of flats and "the coasters."

And all (mainly)because I am going on the June TPR UK Tour - I had to talk myself into actually buying of of the (ick) Park's Season's Pass...s-s-s. $64 Cdn$, w/taxes (yay).

For basically a good US price - you get a small number of flats, an old Mouse Coaster I wouldn't even put my own kid on (if I had one), a more-than-used CorkScrew that is... well, more-than-used, looks junky, rides 'fun-ky.' Eh.

I envy those with a few miles between them and a really good local park with a good selection of rides in an actual tree-filled area. Or on a dock like Morey's Piers, with an incredible ocean to have, "right there."

I hate Playland, have for decades now - and yet I have to go to it this season. To get myself 'limbered up', for "The Tour in The UK."

Anyway...

(EDIT: I did forget tho - The Main Reason and ONLY Reason this Playland season pass will 'pass' at all, for worthiness, is of course one of The Best Wooden Coasters around. Anywhere in North America. But this IS The Rant Thread - so whatcha gonna do? ...)

I hate Chuck E Cheese. I went there a couple of times when I was REALLY little, and actually liked it. As soon as I got from ages 9-12, I realized that it was a horrible, cheap, deafening place with little whining toddlers running around, yelling for an ICEE at their irritated mothers! Well, at least in the tri-state area, that's what it's like. I also LOVE the fact that you can spend over $50 on tokens, and the only thing you can buy is a dang paddle ball or a cheap whoopie cushion that will break withing 10 minutes of using it! And if it doesn't break or you don't get tired of it in 30 seconds and get distracted by how shiney the door handle to your parents car is, you just throw it on your shelf and never use it again!

And that's another thing! What is with all these kids with some freakin' disease where they can't pay attention to anything!? "Bobby, go mow the lawn." "Okay, dad. HEY, look! A pencil!" I swear, half the people in my class have "ADD" or whatever it's called (supposedly), and are on some medication where they get freakin' high and can concentrate even less on what they're supposed to be doing! It's so pathetic! And it's not mostly the kid's fault. It's the parents and the doctors who prescribe this to any kid who didn't do something their parents told them to! I bet more than half the kids who are popping pills every day don't even have the disease! I'm so glad my parents don't put me on medication for a disease that I don't have.

Ahh. I'm glad I could let that out.

I hate my little brother who's 13. Is is such a baby, when I kindly ask him to leave the computer for 10 minutes, I get no respond. Then I yell at him and he starts hitting and kicking. He has always been a huge asshole. Last time I actually had a conversation with him was around Christmas in 2004. Can't WAIT to finally move away in August!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so today the lecturers of my Uni went on strike for the day, protesting over the fact that they were promised an upcoming pay rise which the government is now refusing to go through with. Of course, the government, the union, and the faculty, are all saying completely different things, so we really have no idea what's actually going on. Anyway, missing one day of lectures doesn't bother me, i've enjoyed just having the day off, but if today doesn't change anything, they're then going to refuse to mark any coursework or exam papers until the issue is resolved. WTF?! They claim that they want more money in order to bring them level with people who have similar jobs, because they provide a high quality of teaching and assessment. I agree, they do provide that, but how the hell is refusing to mark our exams a high quality of assessment?! Our results aren't due until the very end of the month as it is (the last exams were at the end of January), and last year we didn't get our January results until almost May. Grrrr.

I hate how people always push me around at school. I can deal with it, but it's starting to get annoying. I've tried talking to my friends but it doesn't work. And I'm kind of a weakling (I can barely bench press 20 pounds) so I don't want to get in a fight. I'm also peaceful so I really don't want to get in a fight. But, I guess I can deal with it.

Brent "that's why I come here!" Shenton