TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Target has a 10% off "apology" for the credit hack going on for today & tomorrow. Problem is, I did 90% of my Christmas shopping at Target yesterday not knowing that was coming.

Knowing how terrible Target customer service people are, I'm not looking forward to bringing my receipt from yesterday and asking for the 10% off as a price adjustment since everything is in the return window. It's annoying to have to dread doing something perfectly within my rights as a customer, and Target's policies, because I know the customer service people probably won't know anything about the 10% off and will proceed to pull all sorts of reasons out of their @$$ to deny giving the discount.

Target has a 10% off "apology" for the credit hack going on for today & tomorrow. Problem is, I did 90% of my Christmas shopping at Target yesterday not knowing that was coming.

Knowing how terrible Target customer service people are, I'm not looking forward to bringing my receipt from yesterday and asking for the 10% off as a price adjustment since everything is in the return window. It's annoying to have to dread doing something perfectly within my rights as a customer, and Target's policies, because I know the customer service people probably won't know anything about the 10% off and will proceed to pull all sorts of reasons out of their @$$ to deny giving the discount.

Sounds like you went to Walmart, not Target! Target customer service has always surprised me, along with some eye-candy while standing in line to be called.

Well, here is what I did...bought everything from previous days at Target again today so I could save said 10% off and I have 90 days to take back the extras from previous days unless I find them to be good gifts for others. Nice rant, but today I had the best time shopping ever with how many good looking women there were!

Sounds like you went to Walmart, not Target! Target customer service has always surprised me, along with some eye-candy while standing in line to be called.

Well, here is what I did...bought everything from previous days at Target again today so I could save said 10% off and I have 90 days to take back the extras from previous days unless I find them to be good gifts for others. Nice rant, but today I had the best time shopping ever with how many good looking women there were!

Yeah...the price adjustment was (predictably) denied and I was told I'd have to re-pick everything off the shelves if I wanted the 10% off. Wasn't real happy since some stuff wasn't on the shelf anymore, but at least the communication seemed real clear and everyone was on the same page.

It's not being told no that gets me. It's when people don't know and instead of saying that, they start making up lies to cover their ignorance. HATE having to deal with that...

I'm pretty sure everyone is told drinking and driving is bad. It's the people that actually drink and drive that are the problem.

I haven't been able to see the Doctor Who Christmas special. Every website wants me to download a stupid app or create an account to watch. If only I had some Netflix money.

I'm pretty sure everyone is told drinking and driving is bad. It's the people that actually drink and drive that are the problem.

I haven't been able to see the Doctor Who Christmas special. Every website wants me to download a stupid app or create an account to watch. If only I had some Netflix money.

I was watching some internet videos (PG-13) and I get annoyed about general knowledge information. Also, It was about "Texting while Driving" which again I find disgusted that it needs to be told. And again, My original thought still stands. Basically, I hate those commercials.

Fry's decided 45 minutes of my life needed to go into expanding the "Examples of why humanity is doomed" file today...

Received email at 8:45am saying order is ready for pick up. Left at about 6;30pm to head for Burbank to pick up the order. But before I picked up the order, I browsed around a bit. After noticing what I ordered wasn't on the shelves and had apparently sold out, I felt relieved that I had ordered it online and it was at checkout waiting for me. So I picked up a couple other things and headed for checkout. At checkout, the cashier goes off to get the order from their cage. She takes about 10 minutes, comes back and says my order isn't there. Someone must have sold the stuff I ordered to someone else, or never picked it in the first place. Now she has to go to the floor and pick my items off the shelves for me. (Remember, I had already noticed my stuff wasn't on the shelves.)

No joke, 25 minutes later, without a word or question from anyone as to why I was standing there with no cashier, cashier comes back saying only 2 of the 5 items I ordered were found. She had checked with the sales reps in the area who checked their computers to confirm the missing items were not in store stock. I asked how I could receive an email saying my order is ready for pickup when what I ordered isn't in stock at the store. Cashier said she didn't know and that she's in training & doesn't know how any of this works. I requested to speak with a supervisor.

Supervisor comes over, and cashier only says what I'm asking for isn't in stock. *I* have to clarify saying I'm looking to pick up an order placed online and cashier is saying they don't have it and couldn't find what I ordered on the shelves. Supervisor goes back to the cage to check. About 3 minutes later, she comes back with my complete order in hand. Turns out it was mistakenly filed in their cage according to last name when it should have been by first name. Cashier apparently only went by my first name, didn't find it, and gave up despite taking 10 minutes never thinking to check the last name. Okay, maybe that's understandable, especially for someone who was new, right? Thing is, my first name starts with M-A-T...last name starts M-A-R. How far away from where it should have been could my order have really been filed?

Apparently even Fry's Electronics, the most nerd-friendly major brick & mortar store I know of, hires dimwits...

Job search websites like Indeed.com...

You have me go through this whole process of signing up, entering all of my previous employment information, address, etc etc etc. So I finally get to the job listings... Click on a position I think would interest me... and i'm taken to another website where I have to re-enter the same information?!!?!?!?! For what? What purpose does that serve?

I swear, companies just do this sh*t to piss people off.

This isn't a rant, but more of a pet peeve. It drives me absolutely crazy when people mispronounce someone's name. I'm a diehard hockey fan and watch a lot of highlight and hockey news shows, and every time I hear mispronounced names. There's a lot of ridiculous names since there's so many Europeans in the league and some of them, like Borowiecki (pronounced BORE-vee-ETS-kee) are excusable. But there are some pretty simple pronunciations that people get wrong all the time and it drives me crazy.

Everyday I search Craigslist for open job opportunities. And i'm always sending out my resume in hopes that I get an email or a call back. Well today I came across an advertisement claiming to be from a company that allows their employees to take phone calls from their home. I figured.... why not? So I call the number... The lady was obviously new and had no idea what she was saying. It sounded like she was reading from a script. She directs me to a website and then she says "now click on 'payment'".... HOLD UP! Payment? Since when do you have to pay to work?

I thanked her for her time and hung up the phone all while going back to the Craigslist Tab and flagging the advertisement as Spam.

Grrr.

Not every word with an 's' at the end needs a ' after or in it.

I mean.... their's ? Come on people. And plural words do not

need one, either. Dogs, cats, birds....horse's? No, no, no.

Unless it's a possessive word. Like the horse's saddle. Etc.

And then there's the Group Possessive...

"The neighborhood cats' group meal, went great."

Simple grammar. Practice, practice.

Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. It's very hard to go to general web sites without (now)

something being posted about the Golden Globe Awards.

And yes, we watch them, though not at this time. And it just

started, 5pm, and already stuff is going up, and I/we do NOT want

to see any results at this time.

Hard to mange through, but will do my best. Grrrrrr.

Time. Warner. Cable.

No offense to anybody who works there, but I wasted over half of my day off today with their incompetence. ALL I WANTED WAS TO ADD A SECOND WHOLE HOUSE DVR TO MY EXISTING WHOLE HOUSE DVR NETWORK! At the end of the day and 2 hours on the phone, I still have just 1 whole house DVR and a whole bunch of bunny trails that I took. All I wanted was more service that I was willing to pay for from the beginning when I called on Friday.

I am past the point of angry and am now just numb from the whole experience.

Grrr.

Not every word with an 's' at the end needs a ' after or in it.

I mean.... their's ? Come on people. And plural words do not

need one, either. Dogs, cats, birds....horse's? No, no, no.

Unless it's a possessive word. Like the horse's saddle. Etc.

And then there's the Group Possessive...

"The neighborhood cats' group meal, went great."

Simple grammar. Practice, practice.

Rant over.

One of my biggest pet peeves!

I read a sign the other day while driving home.

"Expect delay's"

*facepalm*

Just found I have two lovely surprises in this new year...

I need a crown for one tooth, and fillings for two teeth, side by side each other.

Thankfully it won't be MUCHO $$$ for it, believe it, thank you Canadian Health Care!

More of a nuisance to schedule the times for molding, cleaning and filling, crowning...

And apparently, besides the separate appt. for the mold, the entire appointment will

be....2-1/2 hours long.

Ugh.