TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

If my cousin tries to talk to me about the latest line of bull**** he "discovered" on Infowars at the next family gathering, I'm not going to politely nod my head and listen. No, I'm going to beat him to within an inch of his life and break his legs in front of the entire family. He's a horribly irresponsible manchild, closet bigot, pathological liar, and all-around awful person who never parented his kids and left them to his mother to raise; that same mother (my aunt) has also had to rescue him from near-certain insolvency at least three times because he is completely incapable of managing money. Today was the day that I reached the end of my rope with him thanks to the fact that I found out that he and his worthless ex-wife stole his son's student loan money to go on vacation and buy his son's sister a new car (said sister is a good kid who has no clue where the money for it came from, and I suspect that when she finds out, she'll be just as disgusted as everyone else), forcing his son to drop out and thereby removing the deferment on the loans, which means that he's going to have to pay it all back now. Also, his ex-wife browbeat that same son into setting up his savings account with her, meaning that she'll probably cannibalize that as well while my cousin looks on and doesn't care. I am absolutely done with him. His kids need to disown him, his mother needs to disinherit him, and he needs to be left to completely destroy his life and wind up on the streets or on the couch of one of the few friends he hasn't burned every last bridge with. "Black sheep" doesn't even begin to describe that cocksucker and it sure as hell doesn't even come close to adequately summing up how much I despise every single thing about him.

Forcing users to get an account on a social media website just so they can continue using certain key features of another already popular website is just cruel. Sure you could just completely jump ship anytime, but then you're out in waters trying to find another video service like Vimeo to dump all of your videos at...

... It's a 1st world problem, but eh.

I guess I can 'rant' with a few things recently...

1) There is a difference between a Standard order and an Expedite. However recently, all the customers I deal with in the world of IT/telecom feel they can be demanding and escalate the world just to explain that their order needs an expedite and that it is "more urgent than anyone else in a similar situation around the world." When you have more and more folks stating that, nothing will get done since everything is an expedite and nothing is standard any more. You cannot get stuff done if you have 300+ emails a day to explain the simple science behind prioritization and how everything cannot be flagged as an expedite!

2) I am upset with the fact I have to deal with extra screens to withdrawl money now...too many 'Spanish-speaking' folks complained that they did not like the "English" settings, so now they get their freaking Espanol buttons and it pisses me off that I have to spend extra time to get past those screens just to carry on with my business. If you are in the US, figure out English.

Edit: Not trying to sound harsh, but it's really sad as Rob and others have posted that our country is going in the wrong direction.

3) Went out with a wonderful lady very recently and things were great and I want to spend more time with her - haven't heard back from her besides this quick txt: "Thank you for dinner. I had fun and it was nice meeting you"

She is making me feel like there isn't a 2nd date option and she isn't interested...guess I need to stay positive and move on.

Hey, to the stupid soccer mom in the Navigator: I didn't honk to be a dick. I honked to get you to stop fiddling with whatever the hell it was you were fiddling with near the center console so that you would merge into the spot I had freed up for you because you were, y'know, HOLDING UP AN ENTIRE GODDAMN LINE OF TRAFFIC. When you angrily zipped into that spot, I assumed that that would be the last I would see of you. Unfortunately, that was not to be the case. You instead broke off to the side and decided to fall behind me to better allow you to follow me for AT LEAST four or five miles across a good deal of Manchester so you could pull up beside me at a red light, roll down the window, and proceed to flip me off while screaming at me before throwing a partially-full cup of coffee at my car for having the nerve to try and keep you from holding up traffic. Have fun with your petty little victories while your husband is nailing his assistant behind your back and your kids turn into rotten little monsters who have no idea what consequences are. I hope you choke.

The procrastination never ends.

It's not that I have trouble working on things, it's just starting them. Especially for something like what I'm doing right now, at 2:40 AM Sunday night/Monday morning, researching for a huge speech a week from now. I just keep dicking around on the web, or laying down to take another 25 minute nap, or picking up my bass yet again, rather than settling down and getting to work.

I thought I'd grow out of this. Nope, I just became craftier with it.

Morons who've seen Blackfish, can't differentiate between Orlando and the Gold Coast, and proceed to post nasty comments on Sea World's Facebook page about how they abuse their killer whales (of which the park has exactly zero!).