TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

New rule from Manager, if we are even 1 minute late for clocking in we have to write ourselves up. This is one of a few policies she is about to change. She is the ultimate person in not understanding poo-poo happens.... Might not be working in DC as long as I intended...

Sounds like there's going to be a sharp rise in people putting in false entry times.

I am tired of the tv series SMASH being dissed and now probably, in it's last season.

The concept was great, it was still great, even into it's second season.

We really enjoyed it, even the over-the-top dramatics that occasionally happened.

The musical numbers were amazing, either in rehearsal or full production mode.

The cast was stellar, too. Even the actor playing Ellis.

POd me off when I kept reading all the snipes at it. Grrr.

So I’ve been loose friends with this Girl all year long. I’m a senior, saxophone player, she’s and sophomore clarinet and piano player. We know each other through concert and jazz band and we have gone on a few trips with our school groups this year, one of which to Disney World. During which I spent a good deal of time with her and we really get along great. Anyway, after getting back from the last one I think I fell for her. She’s just so funny, smart, and beautiful. I've started trying to spend more time with her both in and out of school but most of it is still in a group setting. Usually it seems like it’s a lot of me saying hi to her, texting her, or coming over by her. But she does always seem happy to see me We have had some great talks though when we are alone but that's usually only when I'm giving her a ride to or from some event and don’t last long. We’ve only been spending a lot of time together over the last month or two so this is fairly new.

I tend to be a very quiet person but I did manage to work up the nerve to ask her to prom. That was this Saturday and we went with a group of friends. There was only one actual couple in and group. The others were just going as friends and we were kind of in between. I was hoping to get her alone and to myself but we were still stuck in the group setting. We danced a lot and had fun but it was always the group and not just us. We did have a great moment snuggling during a slow dance. We just gradually got closer until I held her tightly and she had her head on my chest and my head was on hers. It was absolutely amazing but as soon as the song ended she seemed to pull away. I could tell she was nervous after that and the group made the decision to leave once the slow dancing started at the end, much to my dismay, but as much as I regret it I didn't complain. We left and went to the post prom, still in that group setting. We had some more fun there, I tried getting close to her and cuddling again but all the people made that hard. I drove her home and by that time it was 4:00 A.M. and we were exhausted.

I've always felt like I've gotten mixed signals from her, and I don't know what to do next. Always being stuck in a public environment makes having a serious talk with her hard. I'm thinking of asking her to dinner and/or a movie this weekend in the hopes of getting her alone to figure out where we stand and see if she thinks of us as a couple or just good friends. I just can't tell right now if she’s into me or thinks of us as just friends. I know I want to be a couple and I’m having a hard time showing her that and trying to read her. I don’t think it would be a good idea to have a talk like that during school or in a text message.

TL;DR Senior guy, sophomore girl. Mixed signals, always in a group setting, goes to prom, awesome slow dance, guy doesn’t know if she wants to be a couple, needs advice.

So I’ve been loose friends with this Girl all year long. I’m a senior, saxophone player, she’s and sophomore clarinet and piano player. We know each other through concert and jazz band and we have gone on a few trips with our school groups this year, one of which to Disney World. During which I spent a good deal of time with her and we really get along great. Anyway, after getting back from the last one I think I fell for her. She’s just so funny, smart, and beautiful. I've started trying to spend more time with her both in and out of school but most of it is still in a group setting. Usually it seems like it’s a lot of me saying hi to her, texting her, or coming over by her. But she does always seem happy to see me We have had some great talks though when we are alone but that's usually only when I'm giving her a ride to or from some event and don’t last long. We’ve only been spending a lot of time together over the last month or two so this is fairly new.

I tend to be a very quiet person but I did manage to work up the nerve to ask her to prom. That was this Saturday and we went with a group of friends. There was only one actual couple in and group. The others were just going as friends and we were kind of in between. I was hoping to get her alone and to myself but we were still stuck in the group setting. We danced a lot and had fun but it was always the group and not just us. We did have a great moment snuggling during a slow dance. We just gradually got closer until I held her tightly and she had her head on my chest and my head was on hers. It was absolutely amazing but as soon as the song ended she seemed to pull away. I could tell she was nervous after that and the group made the decision to leave once the slow dancing started at the end, much to my dismay, but as much as I regret it I didn't complain. We left and went to the post prom, still in that group setting. We had some more fun there, I tried getting close to her and cuddling again but all the people made that hard. I drove her home and by that time it was 4:00 A.M. and we were exhausted.

I've always felt like I've gotten mixed signals from her, and I don't know what to do next. Always being stuck in a public environment makes having a serious talk with her hard. I'm thinking of asking her to dinner and/or a movie this weekend in the hopes of getting her alone to figure out where we stand and see if she thinks of us as a couple or just good friends. I just can't tell right now if she’s into me or thinks of us as just friends. I know I want to be a couple and I’m having a hard time showing her that and trying to read her. I don’t think it would be a good idea to have a talk like that during school or in a text message.

TL;DR Senior guy, sophomore girl. Mixed signals, always in a group setting, goes to prom, awesome slow dance, guy doesn’t know if she wants to be a couple, needs advice.

I'm in the same boat that you are in. I've been best friends with a girl I've liked for years now. I don't know where we stand at the moment either. We have done a lot together lately. Hopefully yours works out for you.

The Federal Government for one thing they threatened to cut pay by 20% but they still get their raise, second they are not doing anything to fix the sequestor, only trying to extend it so they can get more money from us, third they are going into unneeded wars as a way to get more money, and finally they take bribes from oil tycoons to get more money and to let fuel prices go out of control.

Does anyone else not like our current government?

^ Wait what? Disasters as setups for stuff? Conspiracy theories? Not like we've never heard of THAT stuff before

Although I fully believe Bane set up those bombs to get back at Batman for ruining his plan to take over Gotham.

• 2 weeks later...

So after talking it over with my fiends it looks like I got fucking played. Apparently she's done it before to another guy for this years homecoming dance and did it to me for prom. She gets someone to like her and take her to the dance and then loses them a week or two later. It goes along well with her massive ego and it looks like she's already going after someone else. Just great. Fuck her

In the past, I have made some comments that I later realized crossed the line and were completely inappropriate and unjustifiable. In some cases, I openly refused to own up to this. I am sorry, and will continue to be more thoughtful.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick note to people living with me. Don't throw away anything of mine without asking me if I still want it first. Cause what you may see as trash may very well still have value to me. Well, at least I can replace this stuff thanks to online shopping.

Why are Washington locals such jerks? Serious lack of courtesy in this city - nobody attempts to make room to pass on the footpath or at train stations, nobody holds doors open, everyone I've encountered in a shop or restaurant acts like they're doing you a huge favour by letting you buy stuff from them. I thought Times Square tourists were bad - they've got nothing on residents of DC!

(I'm sure there are plenty of pleasant, courteous people in this city. Just haven't found one yet...)

Why are Washington locals such jerks? Serious lack of courtesy in this city - nobody attempts to make room to pass on the footpath or at train stations, nobody holds doors open, everyone I've encountered in a shop or restaurant acts like they're doing you a huge favour by letting you buy stuff from them. I thought Times Square tourists were bad - they've got nothing on residents of DC!

(I'm sure there are plenty of pleasant, courteous people in this city. Just haven't found one yet...)

Man, you're really gonna hate Boston.

^Boston was OK - in fact, everywhere I've been in the last five weeks has been fine. Just Washington stands out as having a high proportion of douchebags.

DC's just not a nice place in general. Also, the worst part of Boston is easily the roads. No matter how bad you think they'll be, they're going to be ten times worse.