TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Gas prices annoy me, they always go up for no reason and not to mention never return to less than $3. The worst part is that the price is controlled by tycoons who will raise the price of oil when a tornado touches down, or when they are "not making enough money" and they wanted gas to $5 a gallon, when all it takes is $4.11 to crash the market. Let's tell Congress they need to set gas prices lower and set a maximum price.

My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc

I wouldn't necessarily call it a rant, but looking back on early posts from that "When was the last time you..." thread, I found a post from Masked_Maverick.

I'd totally forgotten about him. The feels returned.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago on... I believe this thread, but it could have been another thread. Still pretty sad to think about... also weird to think that I have been on the site long enough to have talked to him in TPR chat before... it just seems so surreal.

Kind of in a similar feel to what you said, not necessarily a rant but things that kind of suck in a sad way, looking back through old threads from 2006 ans 2007 I look at posts from people who used to post here and go into TPR chat sometimes, because I have pretty much always frequented chat. There are people I had met on this site and even considered myself semi friends with... not necessarily people I saw or talked to every day, but people I definitely talked to on chat and the forums who have disappeared and who haven't logged in for years. I guess all forums are sort of like that, but it still kind of sucks.

However on a happy note(which doesn't traditionally belong in this thread, but as what I said up there was very depressing I figure I will add a bit of light) I am very thankful to be apart of this community and that I have met so many awesome people both online and personally that I share a common interest with and have a blast talking to or hanging out with at parks!

The I'm not going anywhere/I feel nostalgic Ghost

My morning medical appts. ended up with new 'instructions' for me...

Making sure I drink at least...2 litres of water? A day???

And 2 x 24 hour days, three weeks apart, keeping total track of everything

I eat and drink during that time period. Writing it all down, with measurements,

ingredients, all of it.

I feel exhausted and po'd already, having to be put through all this.

I shouldn't be back here... again. But I am. Oh well.

Keeping it short, I broke up with someone in a long distance relationship and took a break from them for a couple days (sorta/kinda avoiding internet and whatnot). Came back after a few days to say hi, found out that person moved on with someone else I knew... Agreed we could be friends, but frankly, it hurts seeing them together. So I took the liberty of avoiding them both as much as I could.

When I look back on it, I realize I'm running from my problem. Not sure what to do about it, but continue doing that since confronting them has left me in a reeeealy bad mood.

Weee! Venting personal problems!

^ guilty of doing that grammar mistake, and trying to be way better about it.

Nice to know the ex of 3 years that truly is an a-hole would not only rather sleep on the hardwood floor then be near me, but also would like to not talk to me for weeks and screw up every plan we had talked about doing to get him to parks with top 10 rides. So glad in 4 weeks I'll be able to cut him out of my life completely, since beyond those two things he clearly has been full of shit twords me since day one! Wow that felt good to vent some where!

I wanna quite my job. I'm so sick and tired of that.

I find out that I'm still into my ex-boyfriend, so I told him that I wanted him came back to me, and he said he's so messed up and needed a little to think about it.

Everything disappoint me. I feel like I'm a loser.

I had to wake up extra early this morning; so to compensate for lack of sleep, I went to bed at 9:30 last night. Well, the world decided to throw as many distractions at me to keep me awake all the way until 1 AM, one hour after I usually go to bed. Not only was the wind howling last night, I also had to deal with car alarms frequently going off, my apartment-mates cranking the volume on the TV, text messages (not often for me), phone calls (REALLY not often for me)*, something dripping somewhere, and thoughts running through my mind about this exam that I have to take today.

*My phone is my alarm clock, so I could not shut it off.

I couldn't be more excited to know my family is going to take a trip to London this Spring Break. Sucks to know Thorpe Park will be closed until the day after we leave.

The good overwhelms the bad, obviously. But still, no first foreign coaster credits to rack-up. >.< Oh well.

Well I payed a good 60 bucks for Simcity yesterday and it was supposed to be awesome. But doesn't even work! SERIOUSLY? Your company even promised that Diablo III's nightmarish launch wasn't going to happen again, yet it did. Unbelievable, and now I want a refund.

Edited by Koasterking48

Hey, at least EA is consistent! I really can't believe how terrible that company is in regards to online play. The same stuff happens every time the Simpson's game is updated. If they can't even get that game to work online consistently, what made them think that they could get a massively involved game like Sim City to work. The problems with EA are always the same, and yet they never seem to learn. Looks like they seriously need some new leadership that will tackle their server issues.

Well I payed a good 60 bucks for Simcity yesterday and it was supposed to be awesome. But doesn't even work! SERIOUSLY? Your company even promised that Diablo III's nightmarish launch wasn't going to happen again, yet it did. Unbelievable, and now I want a refund.

Trust me on this, get SimCity 4 Deluxe and get the various mods that are across the Internet. The game with those mods and such add tons of new depth to the game.

I just spent three hours editing a video for KPConnection. I was using one of my school's Macs, and Adobe Premiere kept freezing, which is why it took that long. Fortunately, I saved after everything I did. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean a thing. As I was waiting for the finished video to export, the whole computer froze. And wouldn't you know all of our Macs have Deep Freeze?

Three hours. Down the drain.

I really don't understand why we still have it.

Because I don't want it getting light at 4:00 A.M. !

We stay on DST then people complain about going to school or work in the dark in the middle of Winter. If we didn't do it at all then people like me would complain about it getting light at 4:00 A.M. in the middle of Summer. Someone is going to bitch no matter which way we do it.