TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ Small world.

On the topic I believe that the right to own a gun is a way of freedom that should not be taken away and with a gun ban crime will increase just look at places with gun bans the crime there is very high (Chicago comes to mind). A gun ban is just a way of taking your freedom away and a way of control in my opinion.

That's exactly why. The reason they want to ban guns is not to save children, reduced violence, or make the world safer, its because they believe in a strong authoritative state. They want absolute and total power and see an armed citizen as a potential challenge to authority. They want total control over the people. The 2nd amendment is in place because the founding fathers where smart enough to know that the people might have to defend themselves from the state one day. Its scary to think about but that's why its there.

I found out today that inspectors found E.Coli bacteria in my school's water supply... 2 weeks ago!! They wait two weeks to tell us that there is a major bacteria in the water that we drink from several times a day. And it wasn't even like they told us at the beginning on the day, they wait until the second to last period to make the announcement and wrap the water fountains. It was especially bad for me because I was lifting weights all 7th period and I couldn't get any water, so I was starting to get a little fuzzy towards the end because of dehydration.

As much as I hate adding to the throwing of Westboro Baptist's Church's name on the web, it's pretty irritating knowing that the group is staying at motels in the town right next to mine. I know they're just attention whores, but what they do is still disgusting as hell, and I feel dirty at the thought that they are an 8 minutes drive away from me.

Thanks to the awesome winter storm rolling through the midwest, campus is closed for me tomorrow, meaning that one final is rescheduled until Friday and the other final (which I really wanted/needed to take) is completely cancelled.

*sigh* What a cruddy first semester; I have to retake one class, maybe two, and I generally underperformed the whole time.

Working in San Francisco, I cannot stand the Bike community in this city! Why the hell do these friggen hippies think they are above everyone else!? They constantly run red lights, hold up traffic by riding in the center of the street, and they even spit on SUVs as if that person driving were intentionally trying to destroy the planet. It's so bad that people have been killed after being hit by bicyclists flying through red lights.

Also, these assholes organize a huge meetup on the last Friday of every month and ride in a hug mass through the streets with the sole purpose of causing traffic and inconveniencing people who drive cars. This is the kind of BS that makes me want to move away from this place and never come back.

And they even spit on SUVs as if that person driving were intentionally trying to destroy the planet.

Really? Guess I haven't been around SF enough to notice all of this. My family drives an SUV for two reasons: we have 7 people with us on this trip and I can't think of any small vehicle that would fit us all, and second, we live in an area where we could possibly DIE if we drove a 2wd car esp when it's been snowing BALLS lately. People. smh.

At least they are wearing something! There's a group that rides nude through the city on a regular basis. I was taking a friend around SF showing him all the tourist spots and we turned a corner and there were about 50 butt-naked bicyclists. I turned to him and said, "Well, now you've had the authentic San Francisco tour!"

Also, these assholes organize a huge meetup on the last Friday of every month and ride in a hug mass through the streets with the sole purpose of causing traffic and inconveniencing people who drive cars. This is the kind of BS that makes me want to move away from this place and never come back.

If they did that in Tucson they would be sited for slowing traffic. There was an incident where 20 of them did so in rush hour traffic. We have bike lanes and we give them 5' of space. What more could they want? Oh, our first borns.

^ Its such a big group (Hundreds, sometimes thousands if it's a big one like the 20th anniversary back in october) so the police are pretty powerless to do anything.

At least they are wearing something! There's a group that rides nude through the city on a regular basis. I was taking a friend around SF showing him all the tourist spots and we turned a corner and there were about 50 butt-naked bicyclists. I turned to him and said, "Well, now you've had the authentic San Francisco tour!"

Pretty soon it will be illegal to be naked in public. It became a health hazard and they are moving to outlaw it now. Safe to say the hippies aren't happy.

So I guess mail-in rebates have a very small window of time in which you can send them in.

I had to learn this the hard way, meaning I get none of the three possible rebates from the hardware in the computer I built last month. $70 down the drain.

And it's not like I can turn them in late and cross my fingers, they literally took the rebate forms for the products off their respective websites.

HIPSTERS. I feel like enough is said there, but sometimes people don't get it, so here it is.

Why do they have the need to not be "mainstream" with anything? To really get your own identity, be yourself, not follow so many other people by doing what is concidered abnormal in regular society. For example, I have my own identity by singing Kelly Clarkson's Catch My Breath outloud while walking down the streets (without being COMPLETELY obnoxious with it) in sweaty clown make-up from working at a haunted house at night.

We all know we are ruining earth, so please stop shaming us when we are trying to fix it. Hating on us surely won't fix anything, now will it? And some of your "campaigns" are plainly not needed. Sometimes, life for animals and trees are hard naturally, so you don't need to help the flies being swatted by horses tails.

Hipsters are today's hippies, except they lost the meaning of peace, love, and happiness, and replaced it with backlash, hate, and persecution. And here's something to make them cringe: with how many people are now calling themselves hipsters, hipster has become a part of mainstream.

If you have no idea what a turn signal is or have no idea how to use it, you probably shouldn't be driving. I hate those type of people who never use them.

I totally agree, but i think its worse if they forget to turn them off.

Pretty soon it will be illegal to be naked in public. It became a health hazard and they are moving to outlaw it now. Safe to say the hippies aren't happy.

Wait until they wipe-out! See how fun that would be...! (I thought nudity in public was illegal anyway.)

^On that note, bike riders who don't signal at all.

I tend to use the hand signals, especially when I'm riding my bike through the city, but a LOT of drivers surprisingly don't understand what the signals mean and think I'm either trying to wave at them or just posing like an idiot. I have a feeling that other, more experienced bike riders who don't signal don't for this very reason. But I drive defensively and always give bikes plenty of room.

So my school sets up 12th grade (block) schedules so that each quarter we switch between English part 1, Government, English part 2, and Economics, in no particular order, other than English is always 1st and 3rd quarter, or 2nd and 4th, never back-to-back.

Well, guess whose class has something weird going on with their schedule so that they have English 2nd and 3rd quarters, and had to do the in-between assignment in two weeks when we're supposed to get eleven? This guy!

So I had to read Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, a 580-page book and the hardest novel I've ever read, in these two weeks. I was stupid and procrastinated, and just finished it an hour ago. And now I have to write somewhere along the lines of 4 pages about the symbols, irony, satire, etc. in the book before first period tomorrow. You know, when I barely understand what the hell I just read. Wheeee.

I know, I know, I kinda set myself up for this. I absolutely regret it, but I had just built a new gaming computer, it was hard to resist...