TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I have something to rant about.

I have to go to the doctors to treat this infection I have (I got it from a spider bite), and the treatment is pretty much this: They will freeze the area with this spray that stings, then a bunch of needles go in. It is rather painful, but I have to endure it!

Plus, there is a chance that if I don't get it taken care of and go through the pain of it all, that it could get to a fatal point. :I

By the way, my biggest fear in the world - Needles. @~@

Oh wells, we all have to go through something like this.

Car sub woofers that are 20 Hz.

Edit: Thumping cars that have subwoofers of 20 Hz. The range from 50 Hz to 80 Hz causes paranoia and extreme stress. Sounds good inside but the sound waves have to go somewhere. So low frequency vibrations cause problems for some people (like me).

One of the biggest things I don't miss about being single were the roommates. Couldn't stand some of mine. It's amazing how ridiculous and disrespectful some people are.

And the thing that always runs out first that I'd always have to buy?

The toilet paper.

What's wrong with people? They'll buy beer, clothes, go partying and just go blank when it's time to buy Charmin. I'd have to hide the rolls, then finally I held them hostage. Just imagine the horror my last roommate had to endure as he was stuck on the toilet, looking at the paper center of the roll and me refusing to give him a roll unless he slipped $5 under the door.

You have to do that with irresponsible people that continue to use your stuff.... then eventually you move out on your own, or put them out.

EDIT: And you should heard the lying coming out of his mouth... "I don't have it. I'm broke." me: "You're lying. Five Dollars or I go back in room and put my head phones on... you can use your underwear to wipe your butt for all I care."

Then finally that money came under the door after 10 minutes of false protesting.

I used to have the nicest old lady living next door to me and she had to move out of her house, which her late husband had built back in the 40s, because she mortgaged it to pay her husbands medical and 24 hour care bills, and the bank wouldn't refinance the loan. Just to make it worse a friend who lived next door to where our new neighbors live says that they called the cops on her (our friend's) gardener for using a (legal) leaf blower and on the person painting her house for using a (also perfectly legal) sprayer.

Cyber Monday has been abysmal for computer hardware thus far.

The one and ONLY jaw-dropping sale was a 120GB Kingston HyperX Solid State Drive for $60, an awesome product that usually goes for about $140. And it was in stock for about thirty minutes before completely selling out.

Every single other sale I've seen on hard drives, graphics cards, CPUs, heatsinks, cases, etc. have been rehashes of already-painfully-mediocre Black Friday sales, and rehashes of standard, poor sales, like $10 off something that's $200+.

It's times like this that make me wish I lived near a Microcenter, and could just waltz in and pick up an i5-3470, the final piece of my computer to purchase... but no, the closest one is 300+ miles away, and the amazing everyday deal on them is in-store only.

My mom is threatening to get rid of the dog because she says I'm making him aggressive. I've never hated my parents as much as I do now. I made it very clear to her that if he goes, so do I, and I don't mean just leaving. My parents' constant berating and belittling of me is the reason why I suffer from depression, and they're the reason for all the times I've contemplated suicide. I will likely be isolating myself from everybody in the house for maybe the next week, because right now I don't want anything to do with them. On Thanksgiving when we were coming home she threatened to pull over and leave me on the side of the road half an hour of driving time away from my house. I'm fed up with them and I'm really close to the breaking point.

Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas ® has been selected to be the new head of the House committee on Science, Space, and Technology. This is the same guy who wrote SOPA and doesnt believe in global warming. Yay America.

^^ Hang in there, I kind of know what your going through and it can be really really hard and very annoying. With what has happened and still going on in my life I have learned to just mainly ignore it and try and find the positives in my life. Currently in my life, my dad has lost his job (since October) and we barely get by month to month, thankfully we have had some help from my grandparents. Me and my mom both work at the same company and are pay isn't that good at all especially my mom since she is in a supervisor type position and IMO defiantly deserves more than $10 a hour. Whats worse is the other supervisor that does the same job gets payed $1 more and hour. Also my boss who is a very cold person got mad at me today for helping put up a Christmas tree which I was asked to do since the production staff was too busy. She said that I took to long and that it was stupid for paying me for standing around which I was not I also did other work that day but she can goof of all the time talking to one of her favorites about stupid non work related stuff she even curses but if any other person did that we would be in trouble. I work hard and that really made me mad that she would be like that.

My mom is threatening to get rid of the dog because she says I'm making him aggressive. I've never hated my parents as much as I do now. I made it very clear to her that if he goes, so do I, and I don't mean just leaving. My parents' constant berating and belittling of me is the reason why I suffer from depression, and they're the reason for all the times I've contemplated suicide. I will likely be isolating myself from everybody in the house for maybe the next week, because right now I don't want anything to do with them. On Thanksgiving when we were coming home she threatened to pull over and leave me on the side of the road half an hour of driving time away from my house. I'm fed up with them and I'm really close to the breaking point.

So as someone who has felt(and often feels) this way fairly frequently here is some advice. Now of course in any "emotional context" it's easier said than done, but this is the best advice I can give for your situation. When I get mad at my parents I lock myself in the room and call my friends and sort of rant. I know this sounds annoying so don't do it every day or anything, but friends are sort of magical and can do something that no one else can do... they can cheer you up in ways no one else can and or will let you rant to them because at some point they will rant to you. Here's one thing I remember that helps me out, but it might be awkward to type as it was more of a mental realization. Your parents suck, your friends parents suck, your parents' parents suck, and at some point(assuming you have children) you will suck as a parent... at least in the eyes of your child/children. Everyone has hated their parents at some point in their life but most people don't hate their parents. In other words you are in a rough patch, but if the dog is safe and makes you happy your mom is just threatening you because she is stressed and does not truly want to make you suffer... it's hard to realize this when you are a teenager but it makes more sense when you get older... I know that's a copout but it's true, and that's from someone who used to hate their parents.

My rant: My school essentially canceled my debate team for next year and I am FURIOUS! Debate is sort of like a sport... it takes a lot of hard work and preparation to even get to competition level. In community college my school had an award winning debate team and I could finally see the hard work pay off, then I went to Cal State University Fullerton and while the team isn't quite as "acclaimed" as my old school(in american parlimentary debate... not for policy which CSUF is known for) we still had a competition team. Well we now found out that my teams funding is going to the policy(and entirely different style of debate) because they are better than we are and because some money had to unfortunately go to some debaters trapped in Boston during Sandy. I understand the logic and reasoning behind this... they are a bigger and better team but it's horrible because I feel like all the work I have put in to learning American Parli is being flushed down the drain, and policy is entirely different and requires entirely different techniques. It's not really anyones fault but that does not really stop my frustration.

I hate the mentality of kids in my school. First, I heard someone say "I don't ever want to get married. What's the fun in spending your life with only one woman when there's millions out there?" Second, I wish I could see the day where someone doesn't call me gay for liking hockey or rock. Third, today someone said directly to my face, because I like the Redskins, "I f***ing hate Redskins fans and all the f****t RG3 d***huggers." And there's this one kid in my school who hates black people, women, gay people, non-Americans, and hockey fans, he talks about weed everyday, he has a Swastica tattoo, and he thinks he's gonna be getting into the Marines next year. My generation is probably the worst generation ever.

Well, I have my first girlfriend...she's a great person, but my rant is on her family.

She has been horridly depressed because of their lack of support for her, their verbal abuse telling her "you'll never go anywhere" or "you're a failure", and a recent small instance of physical abuse... She doesn't deserve any of this. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met, yet all people have done is take advantage of her kindness. Even her brother treats her rudely, threatening to call her dad on her when she was running late after school while trying to help a friend with work...

Why are people like this? Seriously. It pisses me off to see that someone who could have such a bright future is being snuffed out by those around her.

^ There is VERY little you can do unless the physical abuse gets worse. My best and really only advice is just let her rant to you... you will make her feel better by being understanding and it will make you like her more. Also I remember being 16(as it was only five years ago) and those are not the best years as school pressures are insane and "kids" at that age are at their most rebellious, at least in the eyes of their parents. The good news is that everything get A WHOLE LOT better when you turn 18, and if it doesn't you can legally just leave and never talk to the horrible people again.

My rant and to all the college students on here who'se ready for finals week?!?! I'm currently almost literally buried under papers and just want it to end... just so much stress for these last two weeks. Good luck to anyone with tests/finals this week cause they totally suck, but on the bright side it's almost Christmas and it is Hanukkah, so hopefully good vibes pull you out of academic depression.

I stumbled upon this thread looking around the forums and it made me remember one of the most stupidest things any GP person could ever do in a theme park!

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE TL;DR version

I used to work at an amusement park in Santa Monica and on one of my work days We had an Orthodox Jewish group buy-out the park for the whole day. These events are usually crazy busy, but I never expected what was about to happen. I was stationed at one of the kiddie rides, its a standard Bi-plane spinning ride able to only accommodate little kids. One of the parents decides that he wanted to go along for the ride and decided to strap himself into that very tiny seat. I rush over to him as I heard the ride creaking every time he tried to position his body into this tightly cramped seat! I explained to him that this ride is only for children and adults cannot ride. He shrugs me off and tells me "It's okay I can ride" as if he established the rules of the park himself. Since we can't touch the guests in fear of them suing us, I had to wait for him to finally get it into his head that he's just not going to fit. Finally after what seemed like forever he finally realizes that he can't ride it and exits the ride. I checked each kid and their restraints and started the ride. Then all of a sudden I see their parents encouraging them to hold out their hand and reach out to them. I'm standing there with my finger hovering over the emergency-stop button while asking their parents to refrain from trying to reach for their kids while A MOVING RIDE IS IN OPERATION! I think I had to stop the ride about three times in order to walk to the parents and explain to them they can't do that. That wasn't the worst of it either.

In the middle of the day one of my co-workers came up to me and said she's replacing me and I'm needed in the office. I go over there and my supervisor says that I need to replace someone who was working the roller coaster. I head up to the station and see my friend at the controls He explains that he wanted to go operate another ride because with the way the day was going with these people it seemed he was at the breaking point. Usually I'm happy working the coaster since its the only ride where you can sit down while working .

So many things had gone wrong while working up there. There were kids swinging on the gates IN AND OUT of the line into the loading platform. Parents who insist on waiting INSIDE the loading platform rather than outside the gate. We're supposed to watch people as they go around the track (its not a very intricate track layout) and I see people standing up, how they wiggled out of their lap bars I have no clue. apart from all these, there was one, that was the most stupid, so dense and deprived of any common sense whatsoever!

In the line I see a woman and she is cradling an infant child...INFANT CHILD! possibly only within the age of MONTHS! I assumed that she was going to give it to a family member that wasn't going to ride, or she's just waiting with her children and will wait outside the gate while they ride....NO...this woman sits down, puts the lab bar over her infant child WHICH SHE IS HOLDING IN HER ARMS!...no she didn't at least try to put this kid in the seat next to her. oh no....she decides that she will hold this child...IN HER LAP...WHILE RIDING A ROLLER COASTER!!! and waits for the ride to start....I look at my loader and he's as dumb founded as I am. He goes to her and says that she's not allowed to ride with her baby. instead of agreeing with us that loading a baby on a roller coaster was a dumb idea, SHE decides to SHRUG IT OFF... and says "It's okay he'll be fine". this point I can see why my co-worker wanted to move to a new ride, though frankly I don't think he's fairing any better at that point. eventually we got her to get off the ride...but still, WHO WOULD DO THIS!? sure the coaster doesn't have a big drop or loops or anything like that, but it sure as heck isn't a Vekoma roller skater! however it is a bit rough on some parts and it gives a good pop of airtime at the end of the ride depending on where you sit, none the less, you don't expect to go on a roller coaster while cradling an infant child, strap yourself in and place him/her on your lap and think thats gonna fly.

We were all happy the day ended and we were sharing the equivalence of a war story at days end. I remember one of my co-workers working the sea-dragon (swinging viking ship) that she had to stop the ride while they were trying to stand up from their seats. the guests response: "You can't tell me what to do I paid to go to this event so I'm obligated to do what I want".

This is one of those days I will never forget working at that park.

TL;DR VERSION

A grown man decides he can go on a kiddie ride and proceeds to squeeze himself into a toddler sized seat.

A Woman tries to bring an infant child onto a roller coaster. Not in the seat next to hers...but decides to hold her baby child in her lap.

P.S. I mean no offense to the Jewish Community. Like all races, creeds and groups of people, theres always a bad apple that bruises their races reputation, I guess I was unfortunate enough to have to deal with these kind. I have jewish friends and I have to say they are one of the nicest in my circle of friends.

I am getting so sick and tired of hearing after every shooting "We need to get rid of this country's guns", "Guns lead to violence", "Get rid of the Second Amendment". If the government took away our guns, the amount of crime would be so high that this country would almost literally destroy itself. It's a proven fact that areas where a lot of people have guns have a far lower crime rate than areas that don't. I learned in my Contemporary Issues class, on the topic of gun control, there was a town in Georgia that was pretty rough, so they required every resident to own and carry a handgun in plain sight. You know what the crime rate has been since that law was passed?! ZERO!!! People think that getting rid of guns would stop criminals from shooting people, but the fact is that THEY'RE CRIMINALS!! They won't follow the law to get guns, and it's not very difficult to get around the laws. My dad was in Virginia and someone came up to him and said "I got a shipment of AK-47s coming in soon, interested?" Of course he said no, but it shows that it really isn't that hard. Now, my family doesn't have a gun because we don't live in a very bad area. But I would still feel a lot safer and more secure if we had a gun in the house because my dog is too friendly to protect us if we have a break-in.

I am getting so sick and tired of hearing after every shooting "We need to get rid of this country's guns", "Guns lead to violence", "Get rid of the Second Amendment". If the government took away our guns, the amount of crime would be so high that this country would almost literally destroy itself. It's a proven fact that areas where a lot of people have guns have a far lower crime rate than areas that don't. I learned in my Contemporary Issues class, on the topic of gun control, there was a town in Georgia that was pretty rough, so they required every resident to own and carry a handgun in plain sight. You know what the crime rate has been since that law was passed?! ZERO!!! People think that getting rid of guns would stop criminals from shooting people, but the fact is that THEY'RE CRIMINALS!! They won't follow the law to get guns, and it's not very difficult to get around the laws. My dad was in Virginia and someone came up to him and said "I got a shipment of AK-47s coming in soon, interested?" Of course he said no, but it shows that it really isn't that hard. Now, my family doesn't have a gun because we don't live in a very bad area. But I would still feel a lot safer and more secure if we had a gun in the house because my dog is too friendly to protect us if we have a break-in.

The town you're referring to in your post is only about a 10 minute drive away fro my house.

^ Small world.

On the topic I believe that the right to own a gun is a way of freedom that should not be taken away and with a gun ban crime will increase just look at places with gun bans the crime there is very high (Chicago comes to mind). A gun ban is just a way of taking your freedom away and a way of control in my opinion.

Here is my second rant, I work for a call center that does follow up calls about a customers recent service visit or purchase experience at a dealership. I call a lot of people around 200 sometimes over 300 a day and lets just say not all of them are nice smart people. The other day I called a person from Mississippi and he said that I first needed to learn English and called me an arab then hung up. He meant Indian but hey he is from Mississippi nuff said . I get other annoying callers but that one stood out and I found funny.

Lost my wallet on the weekend, not much in there apart from a few bank cards and my drivers license so no big deal except I have limited access to my money.

Called the bank on Saturday to cancel the cards and get replacements, was told they would be out to me in 3 business days. Still hadn't received them today so I called the bank, turns out the genius I spoke to last week forgot to order replacements so I'm going to have to wait a few more days (and over the weekend). Grrr. They were very apologetic but still really inconvenient.

The worst part? This is the same bank THAT I WORK FOR!!!

With the recent shooting in Connecticut, I would like to say this. Just like theonetheonlyJT and imawesome1124, I say there should not be a law limiting gun control. Imagine this: If you're a criminal and people were not allowed to own guns and you had one, would you just sit around and not target things you wanted even though they were unprotected? No. You'd probably use that gun to get it. Now imagine this, what if a rapist wanted to rape someone? Well, no protection equals easy targets which would lead to higher rape rates.

Ok, now how would a law requiring guns on all people like in Kennesaw, GA, affected the outcome of all these incidents? Well, 20 children wouldn't be dead since I'm sure someone with half a brain would not try to shoot up a school knowing that there is a probable chance that someone there could retaliate and strike him down before he could cause too much damage.

I'm pretty sure the thought process of someone looking for an easy rape target in an area that required half the women to own a gun would be like this: "Well, if 50% of women walking down the street had a gun on them, there's a 50% chance I could be looking down the barrel of a gun if I decided to go after them." Not good odds, and it would be smart not to attack.

So, I know that politics isn't really talked about here, but I'm just stating my opinion on the subject in light of today's shooting. Now, may the people involved (minus the scumbag who did this) live forever in peace.