TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I have to agree with you. I listen to rock mostly. However, I did not turn out like a "rocker" would. I have tried to act more civilized. It is honestly difficult. People all around me could corrupt me at any second. I am glad I am not the definition of cool. Cool isn't not doing HW and just making out with your GF/BFTo me, cool is being a person who treats others with respect and stays away from pointless things like swearing. Another thing that bothers me. The ones called nerds are cool the ones called cool are just sad people who think that the world is theirs.

^ Ugh never got as far as the shower but have almost a few time:-)

I really can't stand when someone makes a statement and you know it's not true but you'll look crazy if you say something. So you just have to go on and keep your mouth shut! Somehow I have that type of control, it's actually amazing I do.

Two images that I took during this year's East Coast Bash are spreading like wildfire on Tumblr at this very minute. Some are nearing 10,000 notes! The kicker in this is that most of those posts don't give credit to anywhere but back to random blogs.

I don't know whether to be angry because most didn't give credit, or happy because so many people like them!

Three weeks until Forza Horizon.

Three. Weeks.

I'm gonna be mighty busy during that time, and I've waited nearly triple that up until this point, but still...it's gonna be absolute murder waiting for it.

(You all may now return to stating your legitimate, actual, real world problems at this time.)

If the advice you're going to give me consists of nothing but stuff like "Get over it", "Its for your own good", "Deal with it", "Thats just how life rolls", etc. Please shut the f*ck up. I'm much better off without your "helpful" advice. Oh, and one more thing. Don't continuously ask me what's wrong over and over again and then me to "Quit your bitching" once I finally do.

I went to Frightland in Delaware this past weekend. On their website it reads they do not close until everyone goes through. We went to get in line for the hayride and it was closed. Guess we should have skipped riding the rides. It is all good - I was on a awesome date that night

People who attempt to enter trains/trams/buses before waiting for passengers to exit first.

Oh, and groups of high school girls who decide it's OK to walk six-across down a busy footpath, holding hands as a kind of human barrier to movement.

High school teenagers who think it's okay to block a path that can hold up to six people side to side. I hate it even more when they go the slowest they can actually go. We do have hallways, but you have to go outside if you want to get to your next class. We only have six minutes to get to our next class, and one side of the campus is 1/4 mile from the other end. (My school is actually the size of a small college campus with about eight buildings within it. Most aren't connected to each other.) It irritates me like crazy. When I'm a senior, I don't care who they are, as long as they're not a teacher, I'll plow my way through them to get to get to my next class.

I'm about to possibly bomb a huge exam tomorrow in a class I switched majors from, I have to write a 3 page paper about a book that I've only read through 2/3 of by tomorrow, and I have about 7 homework assignments I need to make up... by tomorrow.

A little something to top off my otherwise bad week.

• 2 weeks later...

Personal statement essays suck.

Making it even worse is that I have to write a response to Oedipus tonight as well. And find four viable sources for a research paper by Friday, the topic of which I don't even know yet. I'm debating between these two:

1. The extent and ethics of internet anonymity

2. The double standard between how sex and violence are viewed in the United States media

Both seem meaty enough for my 2,000+ word senior paper, but I guess once I start to look for articles, it'll become more apparent which one is more viable for research.

Are 2000 word essays normal now in High School? When I was in High School our (long) papers generally stayed right around 5 pages which would be in the 1200 word range. I don't think I ever wrote much more then that while I was in High School.

I HATE facebook political debates BUT I LOVE RESPONDING TO THEM! I can't figure out why people start these debates... or why politics are such a sensitive issue in the first place... of course I openly despise politics and politicians. My parents are VERY conservative and I consider myself QUITE liberal and we all get along because we don't discuss things like politics. It's not even like facebook is a place for intelligent discussion anyway. I love making people mad with my political views though because they are odd. Oh yeah... I like that TPR is a politics free zone because political arguments usually end in trolling or flaming, and I love not seeing that bullshit(sorry for the language but it's the only word I can think of) here on the forums!

^ I was just about to post about political Facebook comments a few minutes ago, I'm tired of reading them at this point, and most of them are really getting on my nerves. I find it humorous that the people on my news feed that are starting these "political" fights are generally too dumb to even have an educated opinion to begin with. Even though everyone in this country has the right to vote, sometimes I think that everyone should have to pass some sort of competency test before they are allowed to exercise that right. If you can't successfully construct a complete sentence with proper spelling and grammar in your Facebook political argument then you shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place.

I'm getting real sick and tired of my dad. First of all, we constantly argue about everything, but he doesn't just argue, he berates and belittles me, cusses me out, tells me everything is my fault, but when he argues my sister he does the opposite. He ALWAYS takes my sister's side when we don't agree. Also, he hits and hurts our dog and then gets mad at me when I tell him "You don't need to hurt him," and he's always talking about getting rid of him when he's NEVER done ANYTHING to deserve even consideration of getting rid of him. I can't wait until I can get as far away from here as possible.

I'm getting real sick and tired of my dad. First of all, we constantly argue about everything, but he doesn't just argue, he berates and belittles me, cusses me out, tells me everything is my fault, but when he argues my sister he does the opposite. He ALWAYS takes my sister's side when we don't agree. Also, he hits and hurts our dog and then gets mad at me when I tell him "You don't need to hurt him," and he's always talking about getting rid of him when he's NEVER done ANYTHING to deserve even consideration of getting rid of him. I can't wait until I can get as far away from here as possible.

I'm in the same boat as you are minus hitting the dog. I believe my dad doesn't truly understand me and takes my sister's side as well. He lets her do anything she wants, but I have to work instead. I swear he loves the dog than his own son.

Why do I continue to trust women? I be nice to them and they always shoot me down. I should have stopped trusting them last year when I had some jealous guy try to fight me when I started becoming close friends with a girl, but I was an idiot and tried to get another relationship. Every time I try to hang out she says she's busy the whole weekend, so I'm relieved when she finally has some free time. Instead of making excuses, she just flat out ignores me. I am DONE with girls for a very long time. I've trusted them too much and I can't trust any of them any more, so I'm not.