TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ No, we have to interview one of the teachers at our school. I hate ASB. I'm waiting for first semester to end so I can change classes.

---Brent 8)

You are so lucky that leadership (or ASB in your case) is only a semester long. We had to stay in it all year. My friends and I hated that class since our teacher made us do some pretty stupid stuff. Like blowing up 50 balloons for some teacher's baby shower without a balloon pump, since they were all broken. Or cleaning out her refrigerator.

I hate science fair projects. A lot.

When you put 8 hours into a piece for honor band only to find out that you're not playing it, but they instead give you 5 extremely hard pieces that don't sound like actual music, have so much sporadic playing it looks like someone puked up black on the page, a million key and time changes, an accidental on every note, all of which you have a week and a half to learn during the time you should be studing for finals.

Have I ever said that I hate my parents? They are not talking to me, since december 27th, because I am going to WDW! They don´t want that I go to the US. Everywhere they are talking bad about my WDW job.

Today my grandmom told me that my parents don´t want to visit me at my birthday, tomorrow! Isn´t that nice? Thats why I dont want to celebrate my last birthday at home, with my family! I´ll only go to my grandmom, because she made a cake for me!

Parents are really great. I have no idea why they are doing that! I thought about it a few days, but I found nothing I made wrong! I only want to go to work at WDW for one year!

However, next year I want to do everything I can, to stay in the US after the 12 month. I only need to find a legal way, like a job or merry someone!

Sorry guys, but I am really mad and sad about my whole family thing! I am sure it will be a great birthday!

--Sören

^ Like I said in your PM Soren, I'm sure things will get better. Do everything you can to make it up with them, I'm sure if you go over to the US without speaking to them, you'll regret it.

Good luck finding an American wife, I have to try and find an American husband next summer I think.

My rant is that I'm sick, which sucks. I also have no money, although I'll be making a couple hundred quid next week and I get another loan installment in a while. I really need to get a new job, but since I was sick last year I have next to no energy, I barely sleep, don't eat much, etc etc, and being as tired as I am, it's really tough to motivate myself to actually get a job. I'm in classes five days a week, and with my family situation, I need to get out and spend time with my friends in the evenings, as they're the only thing keeping me sane. So that leaves a couple of evenings a week, which if I work means I'll be tired in classes the next day, and weekends, which would mean I'd be working 7 days a week again, which contributed to me being sick in the first place!

I'm also supposed to be moving out of home (by choice for once), but once again, can't do this without getting a job. However, I do have enough money saved up that I can afford about a year's rent on a decent apartment, IF I share with somebody. So I was planning on arranging something with a good friend of mine, who is now having serious issues of his own, and is messing me around, as well as everybody else in his life.

Ok, I had more to rant about than I thought. :shock:

Soren, you gotta also look at it from your parents point of view...

Parents always think they know what's best for their children (in reality sometimes they do, sometimes they don't)

They also are going to lose you for 12 months, when they normally get to see you a lot.

They're just trying to make you make their choice, because they think they know what's best for you, they're not trying to hurt you or be mean, it's just a by product of the way they're trying to get you to stay.

It sucks, but they'll either realize that you're happy and eventually jump on the Soren Does the USA bandwagon, or you'll come back miserable and they'll be right!

Either way you'll have them back in your life and everything will be okay again someday.

BTW Wes,

That really sucks about the popcorn...I had that happen a lot at Tokyo Disney with all their insane flavors...try picking a piece of popcorn out of your gums with gloves on, it sucks!

Yeah Soren, try not to let them bother you too much. Its your parents' jerkish way of telling you they don't want you to leave. Hell, when I talked about going out of state for school when I was in high school, some of my family members told me I was screwing up my life and would regret it as long as I lived. Just for going out of state to school! They didn't care that it was what I wanted, and I ended up doing what THEY wanted me to do. What THEY wanted me to do though, has turned into a disaster. And now, I'm transferring out of state in the fall (with hardly any credits that'll transfer) and doing what I should have done in the first place.

To add some point to this though, I had similar reactions when I got my CP job this past summer. This time, I didn't listen to anybody and I just went and did it. By the end of the summer, they were used to it and were more comfortable with me leaving. It's just something new that they don't like so they have to be immature and childish about it, even though they won't admit it.

On my way home from school, some weird guy from across a 4 lane highway kept yelling at me for a ride home. Get this, it was a 20-somethin year old guy that was black, and he had no car, and wasn't in front of a home or car.

Big WTF of the day... and scared me too. (No, I am not racist, although he freaked me out.)

Yeah Soren, try not to let them bother you too much. Its your parents' jerkish way of telling you they don't want you to leave. Hell, when I talked about going out of state for school when I was in high school, some of my family members told me I was screwing up my life and would regret it as long as I lived. Just for going out of state to school! They didn't care that it was what I wanted, and I ended up doing what THEY wanted me to do. What THEY wanted me to do though, has turned into a disaster. And now, I'm transferring out of state in the fall (with hardly any credits that'll transfer) and doing what I should have done in the first place.

To add some point to this though, I had similar reactions when I got my CP job this past summer. This time, I didn't listen to anybody and I just went and did it. By the end of the summer, they were used to it and were more comfortable with me leaving. It's just something new that they don't like so they have to be immature and childish about it, even though they won't admit it.

I am glad to hear that you are finally sticking up for yourself and doing what you want to do. I also plan to go to college outside of Indiana, and people aren't too excited about it, but I am going to do it anyway. I also experienced just a little bit of pressure from a family member to choose to be an attorney, but I'm not doing that either.

I'm starting to get annoyed with my so-called best friend. In all the years I've known him, to my knowledge he's never lied to me or kept any big secrets from me, we've always been brutally honest with each other, even when the truth hurts, and we tell each other pretty much everything.

But the last few months, his behaviour's been a little odd, and a few times since December I've caught him out in a lie. He's erratic, unpredictable, and there are rumours flying all over the place that he has some kind of drug problem... I've sat him down and asked him about it, and he looked me in the eye and said no, everything was fine, and i believed him. But as time's going on I'm beginning to think there must be something going on for his manner to have changed this much. I'm hoping it hasn't got anything to do with me, our friendship's gone through a few changes lately.

Now, after having barely spoken to me in a week, he's suddenly on the phone every half an hour, wanting to see me. And now I feel like a bad friend because I refused to go up and spend time with him, but I've been working on assignments all day, I feel like crap, I'm already ready for bed, and it's gone midnight, no way am I phoning a taxi and getting dressed just to go up there and be lied to and treated like crap. I am not a doormat. Maybe I should go though.... I hate this.

hey all - This is a general TPR Community complaint of mine. Not a big one, but still, want you to know...

I am would appreciate it, if when during an ongoing thread involving photos in separate postings of the same thread? Could peeps be kind enough to also post there where 'Subject' matter is written and printed, the page number of where the most-recent pix are posted? Please?

I find myself scolling down (and down and past) and thru several pages of stuff I have already read, trying to find where the new photos are. And while I'll admit, they usually are near the current end of the thread, that's no guarantee for me.

With so many threads here, etc etc. I sometimes lose track of where exactly I left off with some threads, photo-wise. My excuse is age (mine), and it's something I'm just not good at anymore. Remembering alot.

Anyway, it's just me IMhO of it. I think it would make others appreciate the gesture, too, y'know? And there are several of you who do it already, which is great, thanks. More of us need to do it, tho. Mmm'k?

Rant done.

~ ~ ~

EDIT: Random Number Trivia - Post #1066 / Battle of Hastings!