TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Hurt my knee two days ago, and went to the doctor today. The doctor is pretty sure I tore my ACL. I'm on vacation now so when I get back home I'll get an MRI. Probably surgery also... Ugh

Moving and downsizing into a terrible neighborhood, SAT's I'm unprepared for, a backlog of school that I only have my own stupid ass to blame for, college aps that won't matter if I can't also find a job to pay for where I'm applying to, and traveling to go somewhere I'd really rather not, all in one week, and all my brain can do is shut down and all my family can do is put me down for not working harder when I can barely rouse to work at all in the mental state I'm in. And of course, everything I do means disappointing someone else.

I'm not sure whether to just give in or inadvertently kill myself trying to keep up. Either way this week can only end in annoyance and frustration.

Edit: At least I have 1300 posts. Thanks for the consolation prize, forums.

My parents have such a f***ing double standard. I'm not allowed to watch The Exorcist, but my twelve-year old sister is. My twelve year old sister can boss me around and kick me off the computer or Xbox whenever she feels like it, and I can't do the same to her. Just like me saying the word "pimple" and my sister jumping on top of me and scratching my face, and me being the only one to get in trouble.

My parents have such a f***ing double standard. I'm not allowed to watch The Exorcist, but my twelve-year old sister is. My twelve year old sister can boss me around and kick me off the computer or Xbox whenever she feels like it, and I can't do the same to her. Just like me saying the word "pimple" and my sister jumping on top of me and scratching my face, and me being the only one to get in trouble.

I feel your pain. Moms and sisters can be like that. My b****y 13-year-old of a sister is allowed to buy whatever she wants at places like Anthropologie and Banana Republic, but I have to get my clothes off the clearance racks. (I kind of care about where I get my clothes from.) Anyway, on another sister related note. I was sleeping in this weekend, and my mom calls to see if the maids already cleaned my room. I said yes, because I had heard vacuuming, but I couldn't see under the covers, and I didn't feel like getting up. As soon as I hang up, my sister comes in and starts saying how smelly my room is, and how I'm a big liar. I asked her how she knew I was lying, and all she said was: "I didn't hear you say no." So, she calls up my mother to tell her that the maids hadn't cleaned my room. Apparently they didn't, so my sister cost me $20. (I'm broke.) I'm still trying to get back at her.

That's nothing. When my sister and I are home alone, she's the one in charge. She controls the TV, Xbox, and computer. She has authority to kick me off whenever she wants and I can't question it or wait to get off. She's allowed to tell me what to do and if I don't listen I get in trouble, if I tell her what to do I get in trouble. I hate living here.

I really hate when the Robot Overlords deny me my Weekly Break from working in the salt mines. I mean, after enslaving the human race and melting down half the world's population for fuel, the least they can do is let me go to the surface when the fallout clouds clear up enough to be able to see the sun. It's so unfair! They're worse than my dad!

-Sent from my Flux Capacitor iPhone Implant, 3/16/2048

It's coaster-related, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I've always thought that the height of a roller coaster is a bit of a stupid thing to boast about. Most of the time the height and the drop are close enough that it doesn't bother me too terribly. But with something like Wild Eagle, the disparity is great enough that whenever I hear someone making a big to-do about how it's 210 feet tall I always see them as uninformed. The drop height is a much more relevant statistic, but nobody ever seems to talk about it.

^It's the G's that's most important. mv^2 / r. As long as the turns are tight enough that's all that matters.

Well, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student, and instead of four semesters of Calculus, we have three semesters and differential equations. So, what happened to that fourth semester? Semesters 2 and 3 are stuffed into semester 2, the one I'm currently taking. I work my butt off on the questions, I'm now getting a paid tutor, and I am still struggling with so many of the questions. It's ridiculous. I get most of the concepts, but I'm so happy that the majority of what's pissing me off will be done by CAD programs, Excel, MATLAB, etc. But for the time being, I'm going nuts.

I've had an A in drama for the whole year, but when I go to take the placement audition, even when i thought i did well on my audition, i have to repeat the class. Even more suckish is that the school board is making it so that 3 (what i'm taking) will be called Drama 2 for next year. So, now my transcript is gonna be messed up, because of a two-minute "test". He thinks the class is on a professional level, but our whole semester so far has been working on 5-minute scenes written by elementary schoolers (i'm not lying) and since when is a high school drama that's governed by the public education system professional? On top of that, the teacher let in this girl who has been gone since November, and just got back two weeks ago. It doesn't make any sense.

I HATE that Maryland is leaving it up to the people of the state to vote if gay marriage should stay legal here!!!!!!!!!!! It should not even be a vote!!!!!!!!!!! Its 2012 people!!!!!!!!! There was no vote to see if people wanted to end slavery, segregation or for women's rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had an A in drama for the whole year, but when I go to take the placement audition, even when i thought i did well on my audition, i have to repeat the class. Even more suckish is that the school board is making it so that 3 (what i'm taking) will be called Drama 2 for next year. So, now my transcript is gonna be messed up, because of a two-minute "test". He thinks the class is on a professional level, but our whole semester so far has been working on 5-minute scenes written by elementary schoolers (i'm not lying) and since when is a high school drama that's governed by the public education system professional? On top of that, the teacher let in this girl who has been gone since November, and just got back two weeks ago. It doesn't make any sense.

WOW that sucks!!! I hope all works out for you.

Dear drivers,

Your turn signal is useless unless you switch it on BEFORE the turn, not DURING.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also hate when a lane ends and people ASSUME I am letting them over. If I do not see a blinker I am NOT letting you over. Or them people who drive in a lane that they KNOW is going to end due to construction or a accident and they just try to squeeze in with no blinker. Damn straight I do NOT let them in.

I hate traffic. A couple days ago I got into a minor fender bender on the highway because someone slammed on his brakes and stopped so quick. I on the other hand wasn't so quick and hit his bumper. Not a single dent on his car while mine needs a new radiator because it's a plastic piece of crap!! On the same day I also lossed my debit card. I seriesly wanted to die at some point durring that day. Luckily I do have a cruise to look forward to in less than 2 weeks.

Not sure how, but apparently I strained my neck sometime this week. At first, it was mildly irritating. Now, my neck freaking hurts like hell! I can barely move my head or my arms without my muscles freezing up. Looking up, down, left, right, it's all a chore now. Getting out of bed, I had to slowly and strategically position myself in order to get up. It took me about five whole minutes. So much for enjoying my weekend.