TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Two things:

1) The word "Anyways" does NOT exist. The correct word is "Anyway." I know that most people don't realize this, but it's just one of those grammar nazi things.

2) When people procrastinate. I am an editor for two sections (People and Academics) on our school's Yearbook staff. We have a DEADline tomorrow, and almost none of my staffers have even started their pages. It is near impossible to whip these pages out within 90 minutes (one period). Suddenly, now their pages are my responsibility. and I have to do all 70 of them . I know that I accepted the responsibility of their pages when I signed up for being an editor, and I know that high school students like to procrastinate (especially us IB students ) but SERIOUSLY! Get your stuff DONE! ON TIME! RAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEE!

rant>

"Is that my pepperoni pizza?" "No, this is number 35. I see you're number 40. It'll be a few minutes." "Oh, well why can't you just give me that pizza? We ordered the same thing." UGH!!! You get your food in chronological order of when you paid for it. So these people that ordered before you have to wait until after YOU get your food? Grrr.

Epic. No matter what you do, if you deal with the public, you'll have this problem. I drive a Transit bus. For anyone in the L.A. area, you would know that we have Local lines (All Stops) and Rapid lines (Major intersections). So I drive the 33 (Venice Blvd) which also has a Rapid route (733) so a lot of times I get asked "When does the 733 get here?" And I try to be as polite as possible in telling people I don't know where every single Metro bus is at every single moment of the day.

Ayyyy, maybe I'll be on your bus one day! I take the 733 every once and a while (it goes right near my school). My rant? Babysitting my incredibly drunk friends at a party is no fun...but at least I prevented something bad from happening, so yay.

I REALLY HATE PARKS THAT TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE just SO ANNOYING! Like the Thunderbolt at SFNE... IT TAKES LIKE TWO MINUTES TO GET EVERYBODY LOADED AND RESTRAINED, THEN IT TAKES ANOTHER THREE TO CHECK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else having their gears grinding from this issue?

Busy work is awful. What purpose is their behind spending over a week naming 100's upon 100's of different chemical compounds and writing their formulas repeatedly? Not even to accumulate anything.. just practice. WHY?? I've got 50 or so more to do tonight, and a quiz on only 40 tomorrow.. It takes a full period to do 40, I've got 50 for homework.. REALLY?? Can teachers think of no better way to teach than with endless worksheets that are all basically EXACTLY the same?

Also, girls in high school are waay too emotional. Loosen up.. Saves the rest of us the trouble of dealing with your garbage.

Why do they have to teach proofs in Geometry. The course would be so much easier if people didn't have to do them. It's just pointless memorization that doesn't even make it easier for anyone. I understand the Equations and the stuff you need to solve, but we have to memorize the "theorems" that state a set of lines parallel. To me, it just sounds paranoid.

Finally a place I can release some anger . I mostly walk everywhere only because everything is within walking distance for me but the one thing I hate is when drivers think they own the road and that it's my fault if I get hit by someone who drives through a red light while the green man is still lit. Not only that but most drivers don't know how to indicate and/or slow down before going round a corner. To this date I have been clipped and almost hit by bad drivers most of them have been coupés but I have had a few close calls with buses and lorries and, my favourite one, a hearse .

One other thing I hate is people who judge before getting to know someone. I used to go to this private school (not a boarding school), with the blazers and everything and people within and outside the school judged me. Because I was at the school most of the families were "rich" except mine, I was only going because my grandmother thought it was the best option for me because I was bullied at other schools and she was paying for it with her pension. So you can kind of see the two fronts, inside not "rich" enough, outside too "rich". At one point I was mocked because I was dropped off at school in a Polo and apparently if your parent's a doctor then your family should have more money. Rot in hell you rich 4r53h0l3z .

^I completely know what you mean about the walking issue. I like walking a lot of places; it's the only free form of transportation I know of, it's great physical activity, it's convenient and it also allows me to make better use of public transportation. But I've learned that walking in areas with heavy car traffic, as I generally do, is absolutely risky. And when I got hit recently, it was clear the driver thought it was my fault. (Actually, it's practically legal to hit pedestrians in my state, as it's nearly impossible to prove fault, so the prosecution rate is extremely low.)

While I'm at it, I actually understand the private school issue as well. But I'll save that topic for another day...

Every single Facebook application! 21 questions is nothing more than a chain letter app, and Farmville and Cityville let you pleay for free for a awile, then make you either pay to move on or wait to get stuff from others. Luckily, these games are not fun anyway, so there really is no motivation to pay more.

Also, you have to keep ignoring all these messages people keep sending you via these apps. And, if you ignore them for more than a week, you will get more messages from Facebook saying you are ignoring them.

Facebook is really just one of those fads no one really liked in the first place.

^ You can still play games like Farmville for free, it's just that the games really aren't that fun to begin with and most of the in-game items are a ploy for you to spend money or require you to spam your news feed with wall messages.

Speaking of Facebook games, Tetris Battle is so much fun, yet so damn frustrating at times. I'd get paired with some easy players and then out of the blue, I have a streak of players that kick my ass, either due to me making some stupid mistake or the game sending me crap pieces (most of you know how that happens). When just about every player has a losing streak that's higher than their winning streak, there must be some problem with getting paired up with others.

I absolutely LOVE the competitive aspect and playing against people from all over the world though. It makes the game feel 10x more addicting and fun.