TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

My roommate.

I'm sorry, but you don't have to yell at me every word you speak and you don't need to come home drunk every weekend just to yell at me for even more stupid sh*t.

On my housing application, I put that I wanted to be in GLBT housing. I did NOT want to be placed in the jock dorm. I'm going crazy. But I got approved to move to a new hall at semester Yay!

In order to study for our AP World chapter test, I had arranged a chatroom for students and the teacher to use to actively study with each other.

Unfortunately, some people,

Ones who go to a Catholic Private top ranked high school, think it's funny to abuse privilages, impersonate people, swear under a fake name,and then proceed to make obscene and disgusting sexual remarks pretaining to the people they are impersonating, and post links to sites containing malicious content.

Thank you for ruining a great study resource that out teacher was actively GIVING us test answers on to help us!

Oh yeah, and it just so happens that I kept a log of every single thing that was said. And I still have the chatroom open. And you're classmates of mine.

Oh yeah, and the Dean of students now has a copy of that log, and if it's deemed as being cyber bullying, they'll most likely offer a reward to any information on who it was. And then, I'll find out who you were.

And I'll forgive you. I think that would shock them more than anything else.

The school can take care of the rest.

/endrant

So I'm in Wichita, KS at home for Thanksgiving break and I was reading some local news articles online. I am SO tired of racism in Wichita. If there is EVER someone who is Hispanic or has a Hispanic name on the news, people get all up in arms about how they are here illegally and they need to be "shipped" back to Mexico. I worked at a restaurant here for almost a year and almost every night about a half hour before closing, we would usually just have Hispanic customers come in. I wonder if it's because they don't want to put up with people's BS during the day when everyone is out and about. People are so unbelievably rude in Wichita and pretty much all of Kansas. This is one of the major reasons I moved to a new state. And you know what? I frickin' love the people in Colorado. The majority of the population seems to be more accepting of all kinds of people.

I had to work outside collecting carts at the grocery store today. I guess stupid people need to eat too, because I often hear ridiculous things at work. Today, however, was worse than usual. It was a long, wet day in the dairyland. The carts are outside in the rain. You'd think people would think of this. But then I hear people complaining inside "Aw, why is my cart all wet?" Seriously? And then a lady walks up to me and goes "Excuse me, can I get a dry cart please?" Oh, silly me, I was taking them from the *wet* cart storage.

Then you get people who walk ALL the way across the lot to our workstation and go "Ugh, a line of carts is blocking my car. Move it for me." They do realize they can just move them by themselves right? Not even a long line, just a few right behind their car. Woulda been less effort to move them yourself right there. *Sigh* fine, it's incredibly busy and I'm not on carts right now. Let me take care of you first instead of all the other people waiting in line for me to put their groceries in their cars.

Then we have grocery carts scattered EvErYwHeRe. People could just put them in the cart corrals where they belong. But no. They're in the walkways. They're on the grass islands. They're in the middle of the lot. They're way off in the fricken boonies where no one's even parked (WTF?). There's a buttload of them at the bus stop a quarter-mile away. Then they get mad when I block traffic for a few seconds to get them so you can use them.

Also, not sure what it is, but people can NOT drive at a grocery store. Sundays are especially bad. People driving the wrong way. People swerving around backing cars instead of stopping. People backing into rows of *bright red* carts that they just walked past to get to their car. People parking in the walkway directly in front of the sign that says NO PARKING IN THE WALKWAY. Not to mention the time someone backed up into me as I was walking with a line of carts and got sandwiched between them. I guess the fluorescent orange vest blinded her? At least she got out to make sure I was okay. Oops, check that. She got out to yell at me that I hit her car and to check for (nonexistent) dents.

Oh well, $9 an hour isn't too bad.

^When you get a job at any store/restaurant/etc., you pretty much just lose all respect for humanity. At my job, I have many things I have to do, but one of them is running pizza. I had two pizzas in my hand and some ghetto lady stops me and asks "Are those mine?" Um, how am I supposed to know? There are 400 people here and I'm supposed to know YOUR individual order? So I ask her "What's your number?" She said she didn't know. I didn't even say anything, I just walked away. Come on, people. Then we have people that will bother me when I deliver food to other tables. "Is that my pepperoni pizza?" "No, this is number 35. I see you're number 40. It'll be a few minutes." "Oh, well why can't you just give me that pizza? We ordered the same thing." UGH!!! You get your food in chronological order of when you paid for it. So these people that ordered before you have to wait until after YOU get your food? Grrr.

"Is that my pepperoni pizza?" "No, this is number 35. I see you're number 40. It'll be a few minutes." "Oh, well why can't you just give me that pizza? We ordered the same thing." UGH!!! You get your food in chronological order of when you paid for it. So these people that ordered before you have to wait until after YOU get your food? Grrr.

Epic. No matter what you do, if you deal with the public, you'll have this problem. I drive a Transit bus. For anyone in the L.A. area, you would know that we have Local lines (All Stops) and Rapid lines (Major intersections). So I drive the 33 (Venice Blvd) which also has a Rapid route (733) so a lot of times I get asked "When does the 733 get here?" And I try to be as polite as possible in telling people I don't know where every single Metro bus is at every single moment of the day.

It's been a few days now and my package from PA still hasn't arrived yet. Normally mail from there arrives in 1-2 days.

All the junk mail we received yesterday was supposed to be delivered 4 days ago (don't get me started on junk mail).

US Mail might be worse than the DMV in terms of service.

This is my second rant on ONE page! Yay! Here goes:

People, especially college kids, who abuse ADHD drugs.

I use to take Adderall because I needed it. It was prescribed to me because I do have ADHD. Adderall was the BEST medication I had ever had for ADHD. It helped me focus, not be so hyper, and was just all-around perfect for me. Great fit. But then I go to pick up a refill of it because I was almost out. The clerk gives me my total, $100. WHAT?! I asked her why it had spiked so much. It used to be only $4. She told me that because in Wichita (where I lived at the time) there was a spike in ADHD medication abuse. Because of this, my insurance refused to pay for it. I couldn't afford it, so we switched to a new medication. It doesn't work as well as Adderall did. It's alright, I just know it could be better.

All these people ruined it for people, like me, who actually NEEDED it.

Edited by smartestcoasterkidever!

When you are talking about your weekend, and someone interrupts you mid-sentance. They then proceed to talk about their weekend. Or, you try to have a developed political conversation, and someone interrupts you to talk about something like who can fart the loudest, etc.

SFDK employees. No matter how many ride ops management assigns to a ride, dispatch rates can never really speed up.

On a coaster, keeping two stations open on a ride running two trains (usually a low capacity one, like a flyer). The reason this makes no sense is that crews double in size, but dispatches are not sped up by that much. For example, Tatsu, instead of running two stations, with 4 ride ops at each (two at the controls, two checking restraints), how about one crew with six ride ops checking restraints?

It annoys me when things take forever to get themselves figured out. Why take 2 or 3 weeks on a simple decision? People in high school take things way too seriously. Worrying about relationships.. and friendships as if you'll be stuck with them forever. It's high school. Have some fun my gosh!