TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why do webstores say things are in stock or will be shipped in 24 hours or less, when the items in question are not actually in stock?! I ordered a t-shirt from a website that had a big giant "IN STOCK" sign beside the picture. It said it ships in 24 hours or less. So I spend the $30 plus shipping on the shirt [i usually don't spend so much on a t-shirt, but I really liked it] and a few days later I get an e-mail saying "There is a problem with the manufacturer and we will not have any of these shirts in stock until the end of January, would you like to choose another shirt?" I would like my money back please, but they're refusing to give me a refund. I didn't like any of the other shirts, which is why I ordered that one! The simple solution to this problem..DON'T SAY THINGS ARE IN STOCK WHEN THEY'RE NOT!

I am not a Grinch! But I hate those blow up Santas and snowmen that people are buying at Wal Mart and putting up in their yard. They're big and ugly. Some people spend a lot of time putting up nice lights, then inflate the holiday monstrosity which takes away from the elegance of the lights.

Why people? Why?

Ok my rant for the day,...and for the rest of my life too is how some people cant spell, use proper punctuations or even capitalize!!! I admit its ok to mess up here and there but to blantently do it over and over and over and over and over again when you have been told over and over and over and over and over again to correct yourselves! Please people of young!!! If you are able to come into a forum and post. You are very capable of writing correctly, capitalizing and use proper punctuations!!!! You dont have to get every little proper punctuation correct but at least try to make the effort!!! I have seen some completly botched up posts in here already!

I am sick and tired of David starting an argument up, based on HIS mistaken assumption, that what I just said to him, meant something else to him, therfore I am at fault here??? :? :? :? :? :? :?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And I'm not even sure if that crap made any sense, what I just ranted there!

Hmmmmph.

The irony created by the below post will cause a giant a black hole to eat the universe.

Let's see:

Ok my rant for the day,...and for the rest of my life too is how some people cant spell, use proper punctuations or even capitalize!!! I admit its ok to mess up here and there but to blantently do it over and over and over and over and over again when you have been told over and over and over and over and over again to correct yourselves! (<--NOT A COMPLETE SENTENCE) Please people of young!!! If you are able to come into a forum and post.(<--NOT A COMPLETE SENTENCE) You are very capable of writing correctly, capitalizing and use proper punctuations!!!! You dont have to get every little proper punctuation correct but at least try to make the effort!!! I have seen some completly botched up posts in here already!

Hey, you know there's other punctuation marks other than multiple exclamation points, right?

^ The word "completely" in the last sentence was misspelled as "completly" as well.

Everyone here, there, and everywhere alreadly knows how much poor spelling and grammar irritates me. But for this post, my rant is people who think that you have to share everything. A few people in my office cannot figure out why I have snacks in my drawer (I've already told them that I may need a snack to help keep my blood sugar in check).

Folks, this isn't fourth grade where if you don't have enough for the whole class (or in this case, office). then you can't have any at all. Why doesn't our boss just take the stuff and keep it till the end of the day like teachers did?

Eric

^^^ Well then looked like I got caught calling the kettle black! Ok then ya got me Wes. Let the blackhole eat the universe due to my irony. My apologies goes out to all those that have gotten offended by my rant. Seeing how I cant spell myself I am just as guilty. I admit that I am not that great of a speller myself so lets all continue living our lives as we all think that sometimes we are Gods among ants. Life goes on!

I am sick and tired of David starting an argument up, based on HIS mistaken assumption, that what I just said to him, meant something else to him, therfore I am at fault here??? :? :? :? :? :? :?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Wow, that sounds all too familiar.

I'm just really irritated right now because the cable keeps going out and aim won't let me sign on.

OK. One thing that REALLY IRKS ME... (No offence ladies out there)

But most women I know can get mad at me and yell, and yell, and yell, and yell, and yell, and yell, and yell, and yell *shot*

Not just the women... other people too! They VENT out at ME by LASHING out at me.. so any chance I had of having a good day at school are shot down. Now, it takes A LOT to get me mad. I have what people would say a long fuse... But what happens when that fuse runs out? I explode. When I do to people that have been ranting to me and lashing out at me and crap..

They call me a "Monster" and a "Jerk" and "Heartless SOB" and one person even said "Oh wow. Thanks for the attitude. Now I know how you really are."

It irritates the *beep* out of me.

It's like that can dish it out but can't take it.

ANOTHER irk I have are Anime Compulsive-Obsessive people, espescially the girls. Man... How dumb is it to have a BBF or a GF ONLINE! When you don't even KNOW them! It's SO stupid IMO. I mean... are they THAT sad that they can't even make REAL friends or lovers..?

Now, please do not get offended by this post, as it is only an opinion.

Ok. I'm done for now.

I hate when certain people on web boards think they are Mother Goose. They think they have the right to tell people what they can and can't post or they think it's their duty to correct spelling and stuff like that. YOU ARE NOT THE MODERATOR! Let the mods do their job.

I also HATE the "rolling eyes" smiley. People use it way too much, and it just ends up making you look like a stuck-up smartass. I wish R&E would get rid of it, honestly.

One thing I really hate is when rave reviews of coasters considered to be "forceless" are posted. In particular, I'm thinking of Silver Bullet and Talon on the Theme Park Critic forum.

I've heard about how Silver Bullet is maybe the best B&M ever, how it's perfect, and how it pulls extreme Gs throughout the whole ride.

Brriiiing!

Don't hit the snooze button, because this alarm clock is telling you that the forces on Silver Bullet don't compare to many other B&M Inverts out there. Put Top Gun at Paramount's Great America next to Silver Bullet and you'll think that Silver Bullet was intended for families. The final helix on Silver Bullet is the only "wow" part of the ride, and even that is nothing compared to Raptor's final helix.

Silver Bullet is still a fun ride, however, and it's something I would ride at least once or twice every visit to Knott's (provided it's not "randomly closed"). However, from all the perfect scores I saw, I expected a lot more.

Ok, my first "rant" on this thread.

See, my bf & I have been together for 3 yrs.

We are soul mates and we are happy together.

So, I just came back fr a lovely tropical island with my bf.

With their sunny beaches & nice scenaries etc, it would appeared that romance & TLC is in the air right?

Likewise, I also think its the perfect settings for a guy to pop the BIG question (that is if he even have one in mind)!

Well, apparently not, since the question in mind did not pop up anywhere thru out our short trip. :?

This trip was meant to celebrate our 3rd anniversary (of being a couple) & also X'mas in advance.

Not to sound like a desperado but my biological clock is ticking away... Arghhh! So how would I know if he's ever going to pop the question??

Am I wasting my time here???

I am clueless.

yeah... very few things really annoy me, i'm a pretty chill person. however, there is something that has been bothering the heck out of me since about the year 1999. i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing with my life. i have chosen to become a music teacher. I teach a couple days a week, I have a bachelor's degree in music ed, am currently working towards my master's degree, and yet it is so completely impossible to find a job in the field. and once i do jump through all the right hoops, sleep with the right people (jk!!!) and find a job, i will be making barely any money. I mean, money is not very important to me, but if I'm going to go through all this training, stress, and fighting for a job, I might as well have picked something that pays better. ARRRGH (now I am listening to Otep, this isn't helping my mood lol)

now i'm looking into getting a double grad degree but I can't major in anything else because when I was an undergrad I didn't take more than one of anything but music courses. I don't want to go through another four years of undergrad for something else... I have no idea what to do! I am good at all classes I try, my last semester in Fredonia I took technology in music, intro photography, intermediate creative writing, and accounting (as well as orchestra, opera orchestra, clarinet lessons, and preparing for a 45 minute graduation recital) and i got A's in everything. There is no one strength I have, and no one strong interest in one particular field. I go through the same thing every year, I don't want to teach, but i don't know what else to do, so I look at other majors and generally freak out in my head.

YEAH that's my rant. at self

I hate when people watch you over your shoulder when you're online. When I'm using AIM, and my brother is looking over my shoulder, I just hate it cause my friends say personal stuff, and if he sees what they say he'll spread it like wildfire.

Wow, I'm a complainer, and what a thoughtful little area this is...Okay, I hate it when younger, newer employees boss you around because they're pregnant. Thus having me do the dirty work for a shift straight. And I also hate it when a customer comes to me to complain about one thing wrong when I have five minutes left of work having me keep after for an extra half hour. Or when kids come in a smash the creamers and thanks to miss momma, I have to go mop a huge mess.