TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I just started working at a pizza shop. Its my first job and I am quite surprised to say that I enjoy it. However, I only work weekends, and by weekends I mean I work EVERY WEEKEND. I am the only person trained for front cash and weekends are super busy. Now, the reason why I am ranting is because I asked if I could work during the week once a month so that I could get one weekend off in return as my boyfriend of 3 years works in the city during the week and gets weekends off (obviously that doesn't work out too well with my schedule). I was told no. Now I think that this is a completely reasonable request, but apparently not... and this response is making me really hate my job.

There are a bunch of other things that bother me too, which I hadn't been complaining about before because of how hard it is to find jobs now a days. I don't get paid minimum wage (it is $10.25/h and I'm getting paid $9.00/h) and I don't get breaks. I am so torn between trying to find another job in the mean time or just to stick it out and wait to see if I can get the one weekend off... I work in less than an hour, so I'm off to get ready... but I guess I have some thinking to do...

^ Ouch! Glad to hear (I assume) you and family are alright?

Better the car than.....

My rant - am totally tired and fed up with these stupid stupid arguments me and my partner put each other thru. We've been together nearly forty years now, and with some really heavy stuff going on and happening around us, and involving us, lately.... it's just getting to be really really energy-draining, at my age, now.

And I feel, nowadays, it's better to just find an 'out,' go for it, and take the consequences afterwards of it. But at least, usually then, things have "quieted down."

Still - I usually (now) have to give up stuff and compromise more than I feel he's ever having to. Grrrr.

This one's resolving slowly - but it's a bad cycle. I hate it. I contribute to it. So does he. We're both to blame.

Why doesn't anyone use their turn signals anymore? The other day especially, I saw a Corvette on the highway weaving in and out, yet he didn't use them once. I seriously wanted to pull up next to him at a red light and say something smarta$$-y along the lines of, "It's a shame you paid so much for that car, and it doesn't even come with turn signals! You better go get a refund!"

Why doesn't anyone use their turn signals anymore? The other day especially, I saw a Corvette on the highway weaving in and out, yet he didn't use them once. I seriously wanted to pull up next to him at a red light and say something smarta$$-y along the lines of, "It's a shame you paid so much for that car, and it doesn't even come with turn signals! You better go get a refund!"

I like putting my window down and screaming expletives at the top of my lungs. That's not the smartest thing to do, I know, but it's really satisfying. Sometimes my ginger side gives me road rage.

--

Penn State just raised the price of a pint of milk ten cents. WTF?

Anybody here work on a "team" at their place of business? Well my "team" consists of three people and I'm the bottom of the totem pole, have been since I started 3 years ago. IT was all fine and dandy until one of them decided she didn't want me working here any more and started to try and get me fired, this was six months after I started. So for the last 2 and 1/2 years I've been playing defense to keep a job that I honestly love, that is until about three months ago. I'm so sick and tired of defending myself and watching over my shoulder that I've given up. I thought this morning "Wouldn't it be great if I got fired today? That way I could collect unemployment and find another job." In what definition of "team" does one of your "teammates" try to get you fired?!

Rant Completed, I feel a little better

I like putting my window down and screaming expletives at the top of my lungs. That's not the smartest thing to do, I know, but it's really satisfying. Sometimes my ginger side gives me road rage.

I definitely want to sometimes! Just yesterday some idiot completely blew a stop sign and almost t-boned me on the driver's side. He ended up stopping less than a foot from my door. What a moron.

I have to get up at 5:30 every morning, so it no big deal to me.

Apparently there are too many people taking AP World this year at my school and the AP teacher is overwhelmed, so we were given a test today: afterwards we find out that if we score less than an 85% we get kicked out of the class.

Well, my girlfriend started the long car trip from Santa Clarita (like ten minutes from SFMM) to Hillsdale, Michigan for college today.

While we've been in a REALLY successful long-distance relationship for the last year (officially only like two months... sssshhh!), it's gonna be weird adjusting to a three hour time difference.. And I'm a bit worried for her, since she'll basically need to take care of herself in a totally new environment.

Well, my girlfriend started the long car trip from Santa Clarita (like ten minutes from SFMM) to Hillsdale, Michigan for college today.

While we've been in a REALLY successful long-distance relationship for the last year (officially only like two months... sssshhh!), it's gonna be weird adjusting to a three hour time difference.. And I'm a bit worried for her, since she'll basically need to take care of herself in a totally new environment.

I was born and raised just outside of Detroit so my whole family and most of my friends are there while I'm here in AZ. Three hours is a toughie not to mention the 2500+ miles. I can understand what you're going through. Good luck, wish you the best.

Dear Boss,

Please stop you're lack of caring about work and what we are trying to accomplish. Also the passive aggressive bs needs to stop, so please grow a pair at tell us specifically what you want done. If you could comply with these two things then work can most likely be fun again.

Thanks,

Shawn

A couple annoyances today... first off, allergies acting up...right eye bugging me, feel like I got something in it...

Apartments next door having construction going on along sidewalk, one of their two driveways are blocked off so residents there decide they want to take up all the parking on our street instead of use the driveway they still have available to them. As much as our streets are public and anyone can park, it's rather annoying that what is usually pretty empty is busy with cars and in order to keep your spot, you have to set out the trash cans to block them from parking in front of your house.