TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Oh, hey, someone got into my Xbox Live account and bought 10,000 Microsoft Points (about $150). Thank God they didn't use any of them, so we pulled the credit cards from my account, told the companies about the purchases we did not make, and they're conducting an investigation to figure out what happened. I'll have to go 18 days without Xbox Live, but hey, that's a VERY small price to pay to get my account back and figure out how this happened.

There's this person whose really important in the theme park industry. I really admire his work, but i'm pretty sure he either thinks i'm really annoying or, doesn't know that i exist. I've some threads that he deleted because he thought that they were too close to threads that have already been posted. (I'm not perfect) But, does he really expect me to go searching 188 pages of threads to check if it's already been posted? Hopefully Not. Anyway, i didn't mean to get on his bad side, i just wanted to prove that i was a valuable member of TPR. If this person is reading this. I hope that we can be friends, and i hope i'll be able to get on tour with him one day.

There's this person whose really important in the theme park industry. I really admire his work, but i'm pretty sure he either thinks i'm really annoying or, doesn't know that i exist. I've some threads that he deleted because he thought that they were too close to threads that have already been posted. (I'm not perfect) But, does he really expect me to go searching 188 pages of threads to check if it's already been posted? Hopefully Not. Anyway, i didn't mean to get on his bad side, i just wanted to prove that i was a valuable member of TPR. If this person is reading this. I hope that we can be friends, and i hope i'll be able to get on tour with him one day.

^ Yep.

Annoying? No, not at all.

160 middle-schoolers taking over a college dining hall and acting like they own the place.

If YOU are reading this and you're in middle school - please make sure you know how to clean up after yourself after you're done eating. If you don't know how and you run into me, I may do something...not nice.

Okaythanksbye.

So I got back from Hume Lake Christian Camps yesterday, which by the way was INCREDIBLE this year. SoCalMan, you know what I'm talking about. But there were two people there that I just couldn't stand. They were both pretty much, for lack of a more accurate or appropriate word, complete douchebags. Whatever we were doing was "gay" or "retarded" to them. When we were at rec, "THESE GAMES ARE GAY". When we were at a meal, "THE FOOD IS RETARDED THIS YEAR". When we were in chapel, "THE BAND IS GAY, THE SPEAKER IS BORING, LET'S SKIP IT!"

I asked both of them why they even paid the $500+ to go to the camp for the week, if all they were going to do is bitch and moan the whole time, and only enjoy the free time and take nothing else seriously. Neither of them gave me a real answer or explained their negative behavior all the time. Ugh.

Don't invite me on vacation with you if all you're gonna do is suck face with your boyfriend and screw like rabbits while I'm within earshot in a shared room. And especially don't ignore me while he's over all day every single day even though you promised you just would have him over for a couple hours one night and then get mad when he and I try to have a conversation. Rude.

This essay is one of the hardest I've ever written.

It's a response to the fantastic 1984 by George Orwell, we're supposed to write about the extent to which political euphemism (basically oversimplifying, almost the point of changing the entire point of what you're saying, so the masses stay calm) is ethical. I'm having trouble even figuring out my stance on the issue. I think I'm against it, since I honestly can't think of any situation where it would be okay to use the euphemisms, as opposed to telling the whole, unedited truth.

But still. This is due Monday. I still haven't started. I still don't know how to start.

I would ask why my Facebook friends can't spell, but I won't, because it's not true. Everyone passed English, as far as I know. I'm reasonably certain they have a basic sense of proper grammar and spelling. And yet, I find myself combing through oceans of statuses that are deliberately misspelled; that ticks me off more than anything. Do they really need to act stupid to be popular? Don't they realize that if everyone was smart and knew what each other were trying to say, we'd still have popular people? Most of the time, I can handle "OMG", "LOL", "GTG" and other abbreviations (even, on occasion, an improperly capitalized word), but these people lengthen words by about 3 times the original length by adding extra vowels. When I picture them in a normal conversation after reading their posts and statuses, they either sound incredibly whiny, or incredibly undead. I don't know about you, but to me that seems like the opposite of "cool" and "fun to hang out with".

Oh hey, in case you didn't already notice, as an annoying-ass parent, in an attempt to thwart all of your internet communications, I have blocked every website that you visit.

Also you've been diagnosed with ADD. We've know for years, but didn't bother to tell you.

Did I also mention that were canceling your Disneyland Trip on Sat? You need more study time even though school doesn't start for another two days after that date.

Also, until you complete all this work I've set for you, I've stolen all of your iTunes Gift Cards you got for your Birthday as well as the other gift cards you received.

Did I mention this all happened in around 5 hours? I'm incredibly pissed off by their ridiculous actions simply because I'm taking an AP Class! One AP Class. As a sophomore. Is all this really necessary? The ADD thing was just the icing on the:" we're making your life suck" cake.

F

M

L