TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ WOW. :shock: You're literally twice his age. That's not common.

I hate snow. I have to commute to Jersey City every morning, and be at school by 7:55. Well my principle can kiss my @$$. I'd rather get expelled than trudge everywhere in ankle deep snow .

^^ Ugh don't get me started about fire drills.....

The fire alarm always seems to go off at the quietest moment possible. Like yesterday.

Fire drills always remind me of last year in 8th grade though, when someone set a trashcan on fire--that was funny.

Ok back to ranting. I have a sore throat. And I have to go to "parent's week" at dance in less than 2 hours.

tinkerbell:

Fire drills always remind me of last year in 8th grade though, when someone set a trashcan on fire--that was funny.

In 7th grade during gym class, I walked into the locker room and found this fellow student standing in a big trashcan peeing on his feet. That was funny.

A couple years later, he brutally stabbed a girl to death behind the local Wendy's.

^Wow, umm... how am I supposed to follow that?

A kid threw a molotov cocktail into the boys bathroom when I was in junior high. That's all I have.

Anyway, I'm really sick of people telling me that transferring to a school out of state is going to be the worst decision I ever made. If it was THAT bad, then there would be a thousand books about why you shouldn't go to school out of state. If it was THAT bad, then THAT many people wouldn't do it. They don't seem to understand that I don't really have a choice in matter. There isn't a school in Indiana that really fits what I'm looking for. They don't understand that not everybody wants to live in their hometown their entire life. Sure some of their points maybe valid, but so do mine.

Ok, so my brother gets a couple ensable parts for the play we're doing, and then, even though it is his first play (he's a junior, BTW), he gets upset that he didn't get a speaking role. It was kind of annoying, cause he's been pissed all day, and I've been around him the most, so he mildly takes it out on me.

^^ Scott, I am so impressed that you have posted an entire rant without going into the second person.

^ WTF possessed me to click that? Not your fault Tinkerbell but perhaps you should add something that tells people not to click if they're impatient!!

Cingular/Motorola can seriously suck my balls. I can't hold a conversation for over 7 minutes without the damn call dropping out and dying. When I try to call Cingular to see if they can fix it, I get a message telling me that their tech support is only open til' 9. WTF? You're a national company with 30 million subscribers and you can't hire people to work past 9?

My Motorola has a lot of features but it's sucky as an actual phone. I'm pretty much ready to chuck it out the window and go to my lame but reliable Nokia.

^^ My "reliable" Nokia is a complete pain in the arse.

I'm having similar problems, I just lose signal and then the calls gets ended, my text messages don't come through, etc etc. But I have a lot of stuff saved on the phone that I really want and/or need to keep. Now, I WOULD just transfer everything onto the SIM card and then change the faulty phone. Except that another one of the faults of the phone is that it won't copy anything to transfer it. So if I get rid of it, I lose everything.

And my network (which by the way has been voted "best mobile phone network for customer service" several times in recent years) have been NO help whatsoever. If I actually manage to get through to somebody, they seem to either sound stoned and are completely useless, or they put me on hold for "just one moment", then twenty minutes pass, the signal on the phone dies, I get cut off, and then when I eventually call back, I get another useless stoner who sounds like they should be working in McDonald's or something.

^ LOL Joe!! (If you change your name to Pkryshvckwa or whatever the hell I said, then you MAY have a case! )

^^^Cingular sucks a**, 'nuff said.

After waiting almost a year, I finally get my settlement from the faulty person's insurance company (I was in a car accident in February, long story). That same week, my insurance company sends me a letter that goes something like this:

We understand that you have settled your case. We would like you to reimburse us for the medical bills we covered due to your accident. Thank you.

WTF? Why would I have to give them anything? Isn't it their job to cover me in case of an accident? Isn't that what my monthly premium is for? Oh I'll reimburse them all right, by continuing to be a loyal customer and pay my monthly premium. Grrrrr!!

WTF when I watch and listen to phone-in TV shows, particularly ones that are involving our upcoming national election in January (Canada)... these "people" call in and then start going ahhh, ah, ahh, ah, um.....

Write your f-ing comments and questions down on paper, peeps! Or at least, be prepped that you know you're going to be 'heard' on television. Hmmm?

That too hard to do? Probably is, for these jerks.

Hmmmph.

I took a shower two days ago in my bathroom, and I got NO hot water, and all I could do was wash my hair because I was freezing and shivering, luckly my house has a water heater on each side of it due to it's extreme size. So today I turned on my shower again and nothing hot. So we went outside to see if the pilot light went out; it did. So we lit it... nothing. We lit it again and it started up and I thought it was going to be hot, so I went over to my bathroom and tried the sink and shower about twenty minutes later. Still nothing hot, and the pilot light and every thing went out. So I went out and turned a knob with a red arrow and a empty arrow on it. I re lit the pilot light and a big fire came up, so I thought I got it. About twenty minutes later, I tried it again and all sorts of crap came spewing out then a whole bunch of steam. A few minutes later the heat turned to cold and everythings out and off now. We are thinking of draining the tank later, so I hope that works.

Sort of a rant/non-rant.

I order my girlfriend a print from her favorite artist for Xmas. It came today and I went out and bought a nice frame for it. However, when I opened the poster tube, they had put the wrong print inside! Since it's so close to Christmas, I figured there was no way I could get the right one in time.

So I called the place, and the lady was actually very nice. They are overnighting me the correct print, and I can keep the other one (not that I'd have a place in my apartment for a poster of a fairies surrounded by bunny rabbits).

wes (now has his white elephant gift for next year's christmas party)

I took a shower two days ago in my bathroom, and I got NO hot water, and all I could do was wash my hair because I was freezing

We have 2 bathrooms seperated by a thin wall, and the one off my bedroom gets little to no hot water while the other one is scalding. I'd call the owner except that's me.