TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin Challenge (RCT3)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my park uploaded to the Game Exchange!

Presenting: The Ruins of Atlantis! Featuring: The Trials of Atlantis

Shot0006.jpg.b558ebe388093f5072cedf3b0c8ef168.jpg

Park Overview

Shot0008.jpg.0a7f3c220ac39654a3d640d79624860a.jpg

The Carousel and part of the gardens.

I took a lot of care when building this around the carousel to get it just right. I thought it was quite pretty.

Shot0007.jpg.bdf3b57f2f96a3d47786bee110e14b57.jpg

White Water Adventures!

White Water Adventures is an indoor-outdoor White Water Rafting Ride that was a blast to build and put together. You'll get soaked!

Shot0009.jpg.e130363be9c049ed53500c82ff9c9c68.jpg

The Entrance and Exit to Trials of Atlantis

The Trials of Atlantis is the main feature of the park (and coincidentally its in the center of the park itself!). This indoor-outdoor Intamin coaster will take you through the trials of a gladiator back when Atlantis was a shining city.

Shot0010.jpg.513d15899c6b9c4e07ab60a49818a934.jpg

Trials of Atlantis overview.

Featuring a 105 ft lift, a 65 mph launch, 9 moments of airtime (which adds up to be around 27 seconds total), and a dive under the lake, the Trials of Atlantis is a must for any thrill seeker!

I would like to make a couple of notes before putting the download link out there. The park itself took me a lot of patience to build, I'm not normally one to stick to a project for long so it was quite the battle of attrition for me personally. I'm not entirely happy with how it came out, but there are some major highlights for me. The first one was the coaster: As it should be it took the majority of my time to get this one right. Between the lake, the tunnel, and the blocking system I couldn't have been more frustrated while building it nor more satisfied when it was finished. This was also my first custom support job in an entirety, so I'm really hoping I didn't over or under support the coaster.

The second thing that I worked extremely hard on, that I feel came out well was the Rapids Ride. I'm not sure what possessed me to make an indoor-outdoor rapids ride but I think it came out perfectly for what I was trying to do.

The park itself (theming, buildings, etc.) was the second biggest time sink in this one for me. Building the enclosures for the rides and the restaurants and things was a challenge because again; I had never done anything quite like it before. I would have really liked to revamp the entrance to the park as its very bland when compared to the rest of the architecture within the park itself, but I was working on a time frame

Due to the limitations of RCT3 there were some things I just couldn't do that I would have loved to do. When I first thought up this park and the coaster I really wanted to have water cascading down some of the Atlantis themed buildings and the main entrance. The main entrance was also supposed to have vines and be a giant waterfall down the one side. Clearly, you can't do that with no CS - so I settled for what I could make happen. I might try to pick this park back up and work with CS to make those things happen.

All in all, I hope you enjoy the park as much as I enjoyed building it, and good luck to the rest of the participants.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=899