TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Merry Christmas From Theme Park Review!

Santa brought me the first White Christmas in my life! And the first in Charlotte in 49 years.

Atlanta I heard got their first in 100 years.

Actually I heard for us it was around 133 years since we have had snow on Christmas...and guess who wasn't here to see it? Thankfully I was 2 hours away at my parents and got to see and drive in it on Sunday. There is still some on the ground today.

As for my swag....

From my partner:

Tons of Bath and Bodyworks stuff (i.e. cologne, body wash, lotion, soap, etc)

Sleepy Hollow, Scream and Zombieland DVD's (love horror movies)

A big teddy bear

From my family:

$200 cash and $25 Olive Garden gift card and a beard trimmer (parents)

$20 cash (sister)

$30 cash (sister)

From co-workers:

A bottle of wine

$25 Carrabbas gift card

Peppermint bark candy

Candy

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckly my birthday was several days before Christmas so more presents for me. Here's what I got:

-Nintendo DSi XL

-$55 of iTunes gift cards

-$25 for Game Stop

-$15 for Applebees

-$140 for Best Buy (which I have no idea what I am going to get).

-$350.00 and since I have $100 left over from last year, it might go towards theme park trips.

-Hersheypark 2011 season pass

-Jeff Dunham (Achmed) Christmas hat

-Jeff Dunham (Walter and Achmed) Christmas ornaments

I don't celebrate Christmas, but I got a pretty good haul from Hanukkah this year. I ended up getting from my friends and family:

-lots of chocolate

-a cup with Belle on it (my favorite Disney Princess)

-three pairs of fuzzy socks

-a little stuffed penguin

-two iTunes giftcards ($10 and $25)

-Barnes and Noble giftcard ($25)

-a tropical island calendar

-a butterfly necklace

-earrings

-two sweaters

-KOOZA by Cirque du Soleil dvd

-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs dvd

-Toy Story 3 dvd

-Glee season 1 dvd

-Bones season 5 dvd

-$100 cash

All in all, a very good assortment of things I like, and nothing to be disappointed in.

I got a new camera since mine kicked the bucket during Oktoberfest, a new Jacket which was a godsend in the blizzard, a cool Batman clock, a Kinex Coaster , a new drill!, and a few other little things like candles and stuff.

A very good year.

As sappy as it sounds the best thing I got/gave this year was adopting a family. It was one of my boyfriend's clients and she said something along the lines of "now we'll actually have a christmas, when I get clean I want to be able to do this for someone else." Extremely touching. I will do it again in a heartbeat.

My Godsons got me all the Jaws films - shark shark shark shark shark

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. Anything that invokes the memory of the "shark shark shark" chant is among the greatest Christmas gifts ever!

dt

It's true! I watched the first one again the other night and did chant shark shark shark. I've been told I'm not allowed to watch the rest until my friend comes over for a Jaws night!

Let's see:

before Christmas, I got a new camera, Canon Powershot G12, and a bunch of accessories for it. I got to use it before Christmas since I'm going away next week on vacation, and wanted to test it out for a while.

But for the holiday I got:

-Giant Candy Cane from my cousin

-Hat, gloves for my trip from my aunt

-Gift card to Target

-Jeff Dunham's All By Myselves

-Adam Richman's America the Edible

-Money pack from AAA for the UK

-A new UK travel adapter for my camera battery charger since this is the first time, I don't have a camera that uses AA batteries.

-A couple t-shirts one with music notes, and one with a dragon fly.

-A ring with music notes

-Gift Card for Build-a-Bear

-Gift Card for Panera Bread

I'm sure I've got a couple other things but I left most of it at my parents for now since I'll be home again for New Years.

Pretty lean year for me:

$300 from mom (it all went to pay bills)

$70 DSW gift card

$25 gift card for a car wash

shirt

picture of my nieces (one of whom was just born in late October)

My favorite gift came from my friend, Harris. He gave me Super Famicom style classic controller for the Wii. I splurged and bought myself the old SNES game Super Ghouls and Ghosts from the Virtual Console.

I also got 2 B's in the classes I took so that was a gift I gave to myself and my family as they've paid witness to my collegiate academic futility over the past 15 years.

It's true! I watched the first one again the other night and did chant shark shark shark. I've been told I'm not allowed to watch the rest until my friend comes over for a Jaws night!

OK, I now demand that you make a video of you and anyone else watching one of the movies doing the "shark shark shark" chant. You have no idea how much I would enjoy this.

dt

My Godsons got me all the Jaws films - shark shark shark shark shark

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. Anything that invokes the memory of the "shark shark shark" chant is among the greatest Christmas gifts ever!

dt

No matter how awesome this event was, I still get red-faced thinking about it because of my premature exiting of the ride. I either had a brainfart or was extremely intimidated by the sharks and wanted off that boat as quickly as possible.

world's fair enthusiasts, take note. This may be old news to some but still really cool.

-The Devil in the White City

book chronicling the 1893 columbian exposition & it's famous serial killer - first Ferris wheel (there's never been one with as high of a capacity since) Pabst became PBR! mass use of electricity = white city.

-The Mighty Book of Boosh

-Beard trimmer

-Fudge, calendars, clothes, cash, etc.

-Road atlas

-World atlas

I got this awesome little gem from my kids. Can I just say they are awesome and super creative! Not to mention coaster geeks like myself. Jarett finally got to 54" and is uber excited that he can now ride anything he wants.

CoasterTshirt.thumb.JPG.0b47eb6c3660a15f49123fa014cc1c15.JPG

TPR t-shirts and Hoodies are awesome, but this is uber cool! Jarett & January Rock!

^ I love it!

I got:

A milkshake mixer

A really cool iPod dock that looks like an 80's boombox

A Mad Hatter Action Figure

A Cashmere Sweater (It's so soft!)

2 magazine subscriptions

A roller coaster book

A shower radio

A shower gel dispenser shaped like a nose

2 ties

movies

My Chemical Romance's new album, "Danger Days"

candy (nomnomnom...)

I saved the best for last! Can I get a drumroll? Last but not least, I got...

A CLUB TPR MEMBERSHIP!!! It was the best present of all

• 11 months later...

Uber ultra mega bumpage! That is, if we want to use this thread for Xmas 2011 or start a new one.

Alright, it's Christmas again so that means it's time to post what we got for 2011. So far, I received $225, a $50 Target card, and I treated myself to a YoYoFactory Grind Machine yoyo. I'll post more as the day unfolds. How about everyone else?

I got this awesome little gem from my kids. Can I just say they are awesome and super creative! Not to mention coaster geeks like myself. Jarett finally got to 54" and is uber excited that he can now ride anything he wants.

That shirt is Awesome!!! They did a great job. You are very lucky. Merry Christmas!!