TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's "Coaster Footage" POV YouTube Channel

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the massive amount of POVs that have been uploaded recently, especially since a lot of them are from parks that don't really get a lot of coverage. And sure not all of them are the most amazing rides ever, but the riders reactions and the commentary makes these more interesting for me to watch than silent POVs of some of the worlds best rides! All these videos are very much appreciated.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was an epic POV! What CE is it on? Also, is the ride still in operation? I have never been on one of these and they look insane!

It's not on any CE, but there is more footage including this POV on the RAW Blu-Ray!

Awesome stuff. I had a question/request though. I wanted to know if you had a pov of the utterly insane mine train at Park Espana. I have only seen one other decent pov, but I would love to hear your reactions(which are alway entertaining) on the mine ride, as the forces are supposedly unbelievable. This coaster is the second of my "OMG THAT LOOKS INSANE...MUST RIDE" in Japan, and the first, which I am semi obsessed with(and your pov is awesome) is Big Boom, which looks like the most awesome thing EVER!

I always wondered how that Ultra Twister ran exclusively forwards. I never thought it would be as stupidly simple as a turntable before the lift.

I wanted to know if you had a pov of the utterly insane mine train at Park Espana.

I do! It's on Coaster Footage Volume 5 and I'll post it eventually to the youtube channel, but it's not on the list of videos I'm posting soon....

That looks insane! Togo can make a coaster so long as there are no lateral forces. I thought for a second that the lift wasn't going to speed up. At the rate it started it it would take 10 minutes just to reach the crest.

That was the best Ultra Twister course I have yet to see on a POV.

I would think a coaster like this would have been a great addition to smaller parks with tight budgets and small land areas to build on. What was the cause of this type of ride not really taking off in parks all over the world? Was it a very expensive type of coaster to build, did they have a bad reputation for maintenance problems or ride comfort?

Mamma-freakin'-Mia! That ride is INSANE! My jaw was on the floor nearly from start to finish!Why would anyone put themselves through that?!?!?

...I'm speaking, of course, of the bizarro-Chinese version of "It's A Small World..."

That Ultra-Twister, on the other hand, looks awesome.

Mamma-freakin'-Mia! That ride is INSANE! My jaw was on the floor nearly from start to finish!Why would anyone put themselves through that?!?!?

It's honestly amazing! Totally smooth...well, not "glass smooth", but smooth enough to enjoy.

Ultra-Twister POVs are my crack, and that is the craziest one I've ever seen. The finale looks absolutely insane.

Same. I absoultely love Ultra Twisters. This one is worth the trip to Northern Japan alone. It really is that good. Everyone on the trip was completely amazed and it was all we could talk about for the next day and a half until the trip was over.

And the fact that Rusutsu also has one of those crazy shuttle loops is an added bonus!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Just watched again, just "Favorited" or "Liked" or whatever.

So tragic Ultra Twisters seem to be totally over. That turnaround looks like a "twist and dive" on crack, acid, speed, and more crack. And some other drugs, too.

Wasn't Premier once talking about launched Ultra Twisters? Where are our launched Ultra Twisters!?!??!

Make sure you add it to your "favorites" as that's different than "like"ing it. We're nearly in the top ten for travel and events videos for today!

Derp... figured out the difference and favorited.

Interwebz are hardz to get edumacated wif da tricky fings it gotz!

Edited by RoCo