TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dave & Ice Bat's Thread Of Awesomeness!

Hello and welcome to my latest experiment in entertaining you, the TPR member. I'm Dave, and together with my constant companion (aka one of the many reasons no woman will talk to me) Ice Bat, we are going to be using this thread to post all sorts of pictures and related stuff. I have thousands of photos I've taken on TPR trips and stuff over the years, and have decided to try and be better about posting them. There will also be occasional contests, and likely photos of Ice Bat with food and/or cleavage. You have been warned.

As always, before we begin, we must go over the Rules Of Engagement for this thread:

- I am a writer. I get paid to do this. There will likely be a lot more words here than you are used to. Think of it as a learning opportunity.

- While most of the photos and stuff will be park/coaster related, there will likely also be entries featuring food, the ocean, and other stuff. You can scroll past this stuff if it really offends you.

- I am completely insane (but in a fun way, not the roaming through the neighborhood with a chainsaw way. Though that could be fun for some...), and will likely say something here that will offend someone and/or make zero sense to anyone that does not have the same random nonsense rattling around in their heads all day like I do. I apologize in advance. And no, I'm not paying for your therapy. You've been warned.

Now that we've covered all of this...LET'S BEGIN!

First up, we're going to review the past year, with ICE BAT'S TOP 10 PHOTOS OF 2010!

While I didn't travel as much this year as in the past, I did make it on one TPR trip (Mid-America), plus the journey to Wisconsin, and some other random stuff. I have gone through my photos, and have chosen the best ten of the year. Note that best does not mean "best picture", as my photography skills are, um, not good. It's more about the most entertaining photos, at least to me. So let's start with NUMBER 10! And remember, check back every day until the Top Ten is complete. You'll be excited. Trust me...

dt

1868031662_IB201010640x480.JPG.ce53540f08b5680c55ffadacc63b2ec8.JPG

Lou apparently is gathering a harem...

Edited by Meteornotes

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I don't think the regulars at the Skoal Cellar Lounge or the Best Western Norseman knew what hit them. Leslie sold quite a pile of CDs and shirts that night, too.

Our event is probably now Boondocks lore. I wouldn't be surprised if the Skoal Cellar Lounge did more business in that one night than the entire year! That was such an awesome day. Can't wait for the rest of the updates!

^You would have totally made the top ten if Amy had not warned you when you almost walked into that tree at Adventureland. She really needs to learn to be meaner!

dt

HAHA! I totally forgot about that! That was such a close call. I was really surprised she warned me, if she was smart she wouldn't have!

^I don't think the regulars at the Skoal Cellar Lounge or the Best Western Norseman knew what hit them. Leslie sold quite a pile of CDs and shirts that night, too.

Our event is probably now Boondocks lore. I wouldn't be surprised if the Skoal Cellar Lounge did more business in that one night than the entire year! That was such an awesome day. Can't wait for the rest of the updates!

I do wonder what would happen if I called that hotel and tried to book again!?!? Don't know if they would gladly take our money or would pretend they burned down!

^I really think they liked us. The bartender was certainly happy we were there. And the locals were amusing. I wish I recorded that insane conversation some of us had with a couple of them late that night. It was amazing.

dt

That was an amazing night. I remember when some of the sleeveless locals walked in and we had to pull James out of the bar. I think someone made the comment, "he's gonna get dragged behind a truck!"

Thanks for the updates Dave - I love me some Ice Bat (and you're pretty ok too .)

David

TIME FOR PHOTO #8!

I am amazed that no one died of heat stroke the day this photo was taken

dt

IB201008.JPG.db5e026cfe1ffa748b862808b07f8491.JPG

After talking online for years, Shari & I finally meet at Holiday World, where it was about 1000 degrees. Shari is awesome, hilarious, and stunningly beautiful, and if we lived closer together, we would get into trouble on a regular basis. And I still owe you a tasty steak! (Pictured here with her daughter, Sammi)

^^we made the mistake of trying to cool off with the tube slide. It must have been 140 degrees in that tunnel, and the water felt like it was 100. It was the first time I was actually happy to get out of the water!

Craptacular weather and a lack of electricity have been defeated, so now it's time for PHOTO #7!

dt

IB201007.JPG.9fadbb92a244203921b91225444d4ac5.JPG

The amazing and awesome (and hot!) KerryB thinks Ice Bat is thirsty! Saw Kerry twice this year, and get to bother, err, hang out with her this year on the North East trip! I'm sure she's excited...