TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Biggest Disappointment of 2010?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was King Kong 360 at Universal Studios Hollywood. The 3D was blurry, and the lack of good seats to actually see the entire filmed segment was quite obvious / irritating. Sit too far in the back or in the middle, and forget about it. For all the brilliant commercials, I was expecting quite a bit more. Not as absurdly pointless as Fast and The Furious on the tram tour, but then again, what is?

• 1 month later...

Planet Snoopy at King's Island. I know I'm not a kid anymore but living close enough to Cedar Point going there all the time and seeing Snoopy gets annoying. So when I used to go to KI it was a change to see the Nickelodean theming to the park. Now that they have the Snoopy characters...ugh.

I thought that by adding "Little Dipper" to SFGAM, that it was a great choice to preserve some nostalgia....sounded like a "Great" idea.

And it is a great coaster for kids, but.....

Yeah, it was kind of lame once you took away the nostalgia factor. To be honest, I would've rather had a clone of the coaster at King's Island/Dominion "Woodstock Express", cuz even as an adult, that one is still ridable to me.

^I think it's great that SFGAm saved Little Dipper, and I didn't mind geting the credit either. It's a charming little ride and it has pretty trains.

But I didn't find it even remotely thrilling. A little pop of air or two to take advantage of the classic trains would've been nice, but really just a bonus.

My Biggest Disappointment of 2010 came when I took my dad and niece to California's Great America during Halloween and realized how much the park has changed since my childhood. Growing up in the Bay Area, this was the theme park that I went to 1-2 times a year, every year, and I always had a decent time. However, this time it felt "different." I miss the old, familiar Paramount days of the park. Under Cedar Fair, the park doesn't really seem to have any personality anymore. Although Flight Deck is still an excellent ride, most of the others have not aged well. (Don't even get me started on the pain that I experienced riding Vortex.) From what I have heard, the future does not look bright for the park, and that makes me sad.

Mine is being within a couple miles of Waldameer, on a Monday. I could have gotten my Ravine credit but Waldameer is closed on Mondays... Hopefully next tine I'm in the area it will be on one of the other six days of the week.