TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Biggest Disappointment of 2010?

Bermuda Triangle being closed down at Sea World on the Gold Coast

It was my favourite ride out of all the Gold Coast parks. Sure, it wasn't a thrill ride, but it had atmosphere with the UFO, aliens, people being cloned on glass tubes and such. I liked the story of it.

You will be missed my friend.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for me was the Timberliners for Holiday World not being ready in time. I can completely understand the reasons for that but I was looking forward to trying them out this year on my trip out to Coastermainia at CP. There is always next year right?

Here are some of things that disappointing me this year and why.

Kingda ka being WAY over hyped by people and I ended up being disappointed from the ride.

Nitro running like crap when I went to SFGAd, the air time was not what people said it was, but the helix was awesome!

The fact the more then half of the rides at cedar point were over rated, especially Mantis.( It would be MUCH better as just a normal B&M sit down)

Still no GCI coaster at CGA, its one of my home parks and I think it would be a "great" addition to there line up since the last new coaster they got was just an arrow mouse.

Both the second trains on Roar and Kong at SFDK being taken off just resonantly. Both rides can get extremely lone lines.

Not going to SFMM this year for thanks giving, I was looking forward to riding Terminator again!

And those are some of the biggies from this year.

Here are some of things that disappointing me this year and why. The fact the more then half of the rides at cedar point were over rated, especially Mantis. (It would be MUCH better as just a normal B&M sit down).

THANK YOU!!!! SOMEBODY AGREES!!!!

The only rides that I think are good there are Raptor, MF, Top Thrill, and Maverick. I'm sorry, but although Magnum is a classic IT IS NOT A GOOD RIDE!!! I sat 1st car 1st row, 2nd car 1st row, and 1st car 3rd row. My thighs felt like they were bruised in all three of the seats. All the other rides there are "meh" for me. Gemini, Blue Streak, Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Wildcat, Corkscrew, Wicked Twister, Disaster Transport, Mean Streak (OW!), Mantis (OW!). Really wasn't impressed both of my TWO visits this summer. Cedar Point, definitely a disappointment for me!

Here are some of things that disappointing me this year and why. The fact the more then half of the rides at cedar point were over rated, especially Mantis. (It would be MUCH better as just a normal B&M sit down).

The only rides that I think are good there are Raptor, MF, Top Thrill, and Maverick. I'm sorry, but although Magnum is a classic IT IS NOT A GOOD RIDE!!! I sat 1st car 1st row, 2nd car 1st row, and 1st car 3rd row. My thighs felt like they were bruised in all three of the seats. All the other rides there are "meh" for me. Gemini, Blue Streak, Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Wildcat, Corkscrew, Wicked Twister, Disaster Transport, Mean Streak (OW!), Mantis (OW!). Really wasn't impressed both of my TWO visits this summer. Cedar Point, definitely a disappointment for me!

I have to admit that Cedar Point's coaster line up has lost some of it's lustre the more I have travelled and rode lots of great coasters.

Before I went to CP, I thought SFMM was awesome, then I thought SFMM was crap by comparison. Then I started riding the better than MF Intamin Hypers, Pre-fabs, and the great non pre-fab wood coasters (Boulder Dash, Phoenix etc) and CP became far less special to me. I still think Dragster, MF, Raptor and Maverick are outstanding and I loved Magnum until my last visit but none of these coasters make top ten anymore.

And also CP just aren't the one's pushing the coaster envelope anymore, who knows maybe they'll make a comeback in 2012 but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to admit that Cedar Point's coaster line up has lost some of it's lustre the more I have travelled and rode lots of great coasters.

Before I went to CP, I thought SFMM was awesome, then I thought SFMM was crap by comparison. Then I started riding the better than MF Intamin Hypers, Pre-fabs, and the great non pre-fab wood coasters (Boulder Dash, Phoenix etc) and CP became far less special to me. I still think Dragster, MF, Raptor and Maverick are outstanding and I loved Magnum until my last visit but none of these coasters make top ten anymore.

And also CP just aren't the one's pushing the coaster envelope anymore, who knows maybe they'll make a comeback in 2012 but I'm not holding my breath.

I Agree. Cedar Point really is a great park and you get a lot of bang for your buck when you go to the park but the coasters are just not the same anymore. I really hope they start to push the envelope again because they really do know how to make great coasters but they just have not done so in the park few years.

I do though really enjoy my time at Coastermainia every year. I just love being at the park even though the coaster have lost their luster for me.

SDC built a splash battle, and while the theming was impressive, it's not something that really makes me want to return to SDC...and SDC announced they are building yet another "playground" next year...they need to use some of that terrain for a good coaster, and not a Mystery Mine clone either.

^Actually, I think the Tom Sawyer-themed Splash Battle was a good idea. SDC's main audience is families, not coaster enthusiasts. Even their best coaster, Powder Keg, is a pretty family-friendly ride.

^Agreed. SDC and Dollywood are the type of parks that do not need to cater to the thrill ride enthusiast in order to be successful. They both know that their bread and butter is catering to the family crowd.

Edited by ernierocker

The lack of Mitch's Poll this year was a little disappointing to me. Not that I have any new coasters in 2010 to rank in the poll, but I just enjoy the competition and seeing the results of the voters. I understand that Mitch has been ill, so first of all I hope he recovers from his ailment if he hasn't already and secondly that he feels up to doing the poll again sometime in the future.

SFIs sudden reinvention post-season is pretty shocking.

Timberliners not working.

All of SFIs brands being built up and then trashed (Thomas Town at SFA..yikes)

The Gravity Group hasn't built a woodie since Ravine Flyer II. This is too long, people!

I would also go along with Shoot the rapids.

OK ride, but rarely open & when it was the public were walking right by when i was there.

Not good for a brand new water ride in the middle of summer.

Personal disappointment for me was missing Dollywood due to extreme weather on my last day in the states.

I think that for many people out there who go to SFGam alot, the chang fiasco was the biggest dissapointment. I'm a Gadv fanboy,and I can't wait to ride it , but all the signs pointed in their direction until late june, and all of a sudden, a rumor pops up on one site, and its taken away. For them, that has to be the biggest dissapointment.

I really think the biggest dissapointment, IMO, has to be the Expedition GeForce accident and the long downtime that occured following it

I think that for many people out there who go to SFGam alot, the chang fiasco was the biggest dissapointment. I'm a Gadv fanboy,and I can't wait to ride it , but all the signs pointed in their direction until late june, and all of a sudden, a rumor pops up on one site, and its taken away. For them, that has to be the biggest dissapointment.

I'm glad Chang got moved to SFGAdv. If it came to SFGAm, it would be the biggest disappointment of 2011. Last thing I want is a second slow-loading B&M stand-up that corporate would use as an excuse to not give us another big ride for another 8 years.

I think the Coney Island development is the biggest disappointment this year. Not because of what is happening now, but because of how promising the project seemed.

Then, the biggest disappointment of that disappointment for me is that all of Luna Park's rides are all off-the-shelf. I mean, Europa Park is the same kind of park (a manufacturer showcase), but their rides are fantastically themed and you wouldn't be able to tell they were off-the-shelf rides under the skin.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I was at IOA a few days ago, and was very excited as I'm a huge HP fan (love the books, disappointed with the movies). I ran there first thing, only to find the area filled to capacity, and a 90 minute wait to get tickets to be able to come back hours later. So I figured that I would come back later when it was less crowded. In the afternoon, I was able to get a ticket, however it was good 5 hours after I had to leave. And the alternative was waiting 150 minutes just to get into the area, then battle presumably enormous lines for Dragon Challenge and Forbidden Journey. So I was unable to go. I think if Universal is going to spend millions on their biggest investment since park opening and advertise it everywhere, they should have designed it so that more people could actually get in. And since the area has 3 of the park's 5 coasters and I was too tall for Pteranodon Flyers, the only coaster that I rode was Hulk (which was awesome). Anyway that was my only disappointment, as 2010 was a great year for me coaster-wise.