TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Bag-Of-Crap Giveaway Thread!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the record btw?

It is claimed to be the coaster at the highest elevation above sea level. There is no real "record" kept for such a thing, so that is why I said it was a "claimed" record. High Roller was supposed to hint at this fact of being a relatively short coaster at a high altitude.

Wow, that was really obscure...congrats cprocks22 for getting that one.

I had to leave the contest (congrats to the winner!), but I would like to say that after he said "higher" than 100 feet, I knew he meant elevation. When he said it had OTSRs, wasn't German or Swiss, was a clone and portable, and didn't have more than 2 inversions, I almost immediately figured it to be a Pinfari Looping Star. Unfortunately, I had to leave and didn't have the time to track this one down.

Until next time.........

Is there such thing as a same time honorable mention?

Sure, why not. Congrats on your "same time honorable mention"!

A little history behind why I chose this coaster. I actually found Montana Rusa when I was getting ideas for a Bag of Crap contest on the Facebook page. It was going to be "What is the highest theme park in the world". But I could never really find any confirmation that it was VulQano Park, just claims in Youtube Videos and whatnot. Therefore, I never went through with it because I wasn't completely sure.

I would actually be interested if any of you guys could find a coaster that is at an higher elevation than this one. It is around 8850 ft. above sea level. I know some of you love to look up stuff like this, so if you are interested have at it. I will give a Bag of Crap to anyone who can find one at a higher elevation! Just post in this thread if you can find it.

Oh LOL I was browsing RCDB and stumbled across the kiddie version of that coaster and thought that was it.

Anyway congrats to the winner of the contest! This was actually a lot of fun (although a bit nerve wracking trying to find it on RCDB). I'm definitely looking forward to the next Bag O Crap "Guess that Coaster" giveaway.

I've read that Genting Highlands has an elevation of approx. 3000 meters above sea level.

So...

Corkscrew

Cyclone

Flying Coaster

Flying Dragon

and Rolling Thunder Mine Train

Can anyone verify?

NEVERMIND! Haha I skimmed, and as it turns out, it only has an elevation of 1760 m.

I would actually be interested if any of you guys could find a coaster that is at an higher elevation than this one. It is around 8850 ft. above sea level. I know some of you love to look up stuff like this, so if you are interested have at it. I will give a Bag of Crap to anyone who can find one at a higher elevation! Just post in this thread if you can find it.

Hmmm ......

1446187852_mtwackyworm.thumb.jpg.014e010312ae0934d5c8850c4af179e8.jpg

Expedition Everest is clearly the highest roller coaster in the world.

But on a serious note, Quito is about the biggest population base that high above sea level. Unless there are any parks in the Himalayas i would doubt there are any higher than Vulqano. There aren't any higher in South America.

Not the 8850 foot high roller coaster, but a ski resort in the Alps claims to have the highest coaster at 9,800 feet (rounding down). I'm pretty sure this is either an alpine coaster or Alpine slide.

The Swiss Alps may be one of the world's top skiing destinations, but over the summer Switzerland's mountains are no less of an active holiday hotspot.

Though walking holidays are some of the most popular activities in the Alps, thrill-seekers can also take advantage of a new roller coaster.

At 3,000 meters above sea level the Alpine Coaster stakes its claim to being the highest in the world.

Opened in May 2007, the ride is located on a glacier between Les Diablerets and Gstaad, two top ski resorts.

Designed to run all year round, the Glacier 3000 has ten turns across its one kilometre-long track, which it covers in two minutes.

While on the ride holidaymakers can see 24 mountains with peaks over 4,000 metres.

For those who cannot get enough of the mountain roller coaster there is the chance to get a ride for free, if you go on it four times.

Each ride costs six swiss francs (around £2.50), and the roller coaster is open to everyone, though children aged under nine must ride with their parents.

The roller coaster is the first in a series of new visitor attractions planned for the area. Future events include a ski race, a mountain marathon, and a series of concerts.

However, there is more to the Glacier 3000 area than just the roller coaster.

A cable car designed by Swiss architect Mario Botta offers views over the Matterhorn, one of the most famous peaks in the Alps, as well as the glaciers of Jungfrau and Mont Blanc, and is accessible by public transport or car from Gstaad or Les Diablerets.

There are also other facilities available for active holidaymakers, including a snowpark, a half-pipe, climbing walls and dog sledding.

The authentic Swiss mountain walking experience can be had by hiking to Lake Sanetsch, which takes around four hours.

For more information about the Alpine roller coaster ride see www.glacier3000.ch (in French) or www.myswitzerland.com

http://www.travelbite.co.uk/holiday-ideas/europe/switzerland/the-world-s-highest-rollercoaster-$476334.htm

http://www.rcdb.com/m/2907.htm

Some of you may be familiar with this coaster. It's located 1400 meters above sea level (4,593.175853 feet) so it's halfway there. The ride is "human powered" according to RCDB. It looks like it could be a homemade coaster, but not much seems to be known about it because of its obscure location.

As soon as you said this, I went to see if there was a coaster somewhere close to the Himalaya Mountains, and I got one!

I found this Jungle Mouse roller coaster on RCDB with some browsing... http://rcdb.com/9646.htm

I did some research, and it is located in Lhasa, China. I decided to research how tall Lhasa, the city itself is, since the park is in the middle of the city, and stated that " At an altitude of 3,490 metres (11,450 ft), Lhasa is one of the highest cities in the world"

So this would place the theme park at around 11,450 feet! Although I don't have a PTR of the park, I probably won't visit it anytime soon!

^^Actually there is one higher (two for that matter). Just to slide a little known fact in, there is an amusement park outside of city-center of La Paz, in El Alto, Bolivia, which is 4,150 meters elevation (13,615 ft, the six highest city in the world). El Alto is the highest city of population over 500,000 (100,000 for that matter) so I doubt that there would be an amusement park of higher elevation. Hey, I have to rep for Latin America when I can ~ pura vida!

I'll see if I can pin-point it on bing/googlemaps for you but I'm in process of submitting a couple of parks to rcdb.com in Latin America, there are two in Bolivia, both with coasters (one Parque de Diversiones between El Alto and La Paz and Playland, right outside of Santa Cruz). Neither seem to have websites, though we do have videos of both online, Parque de Diversiones-La Paz(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmlqiqUI9MU&feature=player_embedded) and Playland(http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11864201). It will be at least two years before I get back down to Bolivia or Peru, but I plan to take down the information and photos for the smaller parks in Latin America when I do.