TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would hate to admit it to my friends, riding the coasters is never the highlight for me at any event I have gone to with TPR. It is more about the one-of-a-kind experiences they open you up to.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

I try to tell this to the parks that while, yes of course, the coaster ERT is very, very important, the extras, the behind-the-scenes tours, and all the other things we work with the parks to put on for you guys really helps make a TPR event stand out from other "roller coaster" only events.

Personally, they are also MY favorite parts of our events! While I can ride Silver Bullet whenever I want to, how often are you going to get to see INSIDE the log ride or Xcelerator?

--Robb

Might be a stupid question, but do you have to stay in any specific group at WCB? (besides tours, etc)

The only time you need to stay in a group is if you want to do the backstage tours, which are optional, but why would you miss any of them when you have ERT to handle your coaster fix.

As much as I would hate to admit it to my friends, riding the coasters is never the highlight for me at any event I have gone to with TPR. It is more about the one-of-a-kind experiences they open you up to.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

I try to tell this to the parks that while, yes of course, the coaster ERT is very, very important, the extras, the behind-the-scenes tours, and all the other things we work with the parks to put on for you guys really helps make a TPR event stand out from other "roller coaster" only events.

Personally, they are also MY favorite parts of our events! While I can ride Silver Bullet whenever I want to, how often are you going to get to see INSIDE the log ride or Xcelerator?

--Robb

Exactly! The log ride tour is what I'm what I'm looking forward to the most.

This will be the longest week for me, I've been waiting for this event over two years and it's finally coming! I was hoping to gather a few people at the Knotts day and see if anyone was interested in playing laser tag. I've never been inside their arena before, and thought it would be fun to get a big group of TPR people to have a big competition. Just an idea that would be fun.

See everyone at Knotts!

Yay! The Knott's day will be even better (is that even possible? - it already kicked ass!!)

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed/mentioned, but what will the lo-c-.ke.r policy be during ERT at SFMM?

I know that during regular operating hours I will need to use the $1 lo-c-.ke.rs, but what about the morning/evening sessions of ERT? I did not pay attention to the policy last year because I didn't bring a backpack.

Also, not to 'break the rules' or anything, but can you technically go longer than one hour on the $1 lo..c-ke..rs? Just curious. It's not that I'm not trying to save money or anything, but sometimes it's more convenient to leave my stuff at one location while a ride multiple rides - for instance: use the Goliath lo-c-.ke.rs - and ride Goliath - then go and ride Colossus, Scream and Batman, then back to Goliath for another ride, then get my belongings.

Thanks in advance!

^ I can't really speak to the length of time you can use each locker, other than you should just follow the signposted rules at each location, but as far as the locker policy during ERT, I've seen it both where we were asked to use the lockers, and where we were allowed to leave items in the station.

The only advice I can offer, and this is what I say every year, is to come prepared to use the lockers and consider it a bonus if it's not enforced during ERT.

It's never been one of the items I negotiate with the park, because honestly, I don't find the $1 lockers a big deal, and if I'm going out of my way to get cool stuff for TPR members, I'm going to use up my "favors" on things I feel are important and add real value to the event.

--Robb "Hope that makes sense." Alvey

^ I can't really speak to the length of time you can use each fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, other than you should just follow the signposted rules at each location, but as far as the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy during ERT, I've seen it both where we were asked to use the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, and where we were allowed to leave items in the station.

The only advice I can offer, and this is what I say every year, is to come prepared to use the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and consider it a bonus if it's not enforced during ERT.

It's never been one of the items I negotiate with the park, because honestly, I don't find the $1 fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo a big deal, and if I'm going out of my way to get cool stuff for TPR members, I'm going to use up my "favors" on things I feel are important and add real value to the event.

--Robb "Hope that makes sense." Alvey

It makes perfect sense, thanks!

I'll bring lots of dollar bills, just in case!

I'll bring lots of dollar bills, just in case!

And if you don't use them at Magic, head to the strip clubs after the event!

Ha! I seriously thought of saying that right when I clicked submit.

Do you know of any good ones in the area?

We have used an all-day lock box each time that we've been to WCB and at least a few years I can remember having to go to guest services after evening ERT to claim our stuff. They had everything in a nice big sealed plastic bag and it was all very secure. I was a bit worried the first time though, since my car keys and a few other items that wouldn't be easy to replace on short notice were locked up in there. Staff was very accomodating and professional about handling the situation. It took us less than 5 minutes to retrieve our stuff. The guest services station that we were directed to was the one just outside the lock box and FlashPass sales area, sort of "kitty-corner" to the Flags store. While walking around the park, I don't carry anything that can't be securely kept in a pocket while I ride.

Thanks Mechanic in explaining you only bring things that can fit in your pocket. I'm gonna have to check if our camera will LOL 5 more days!!!

By the way, I would totally do the Knott's day JUST for the Log Ride tour if I could. Next to Splash Mountain, it is MY FAVORITE log ride and to get a tour of it is just amazing! Robb, I agree with others in that the bonus tours, talks, etc, far outweigh the ERT. The price for WCB in my opinion is about half what I was expecting to pay. That was quite the surprise. I've always read your Trip Reports for past WCB and just assumed with EVERYTHING you guys get or do provide for us, the ticket price would be $100-$150. So, $53 is a steal! I would pay more (just so ya know) LOL

Thanks again in advance for this being an awesome event this weekend!!!!

^ Page 38 from Robb:

Even MORE ERT Announced!!!

Here is the ERT line-up for Knott's Berry Farm on Sunday!

8:00-10:00 am Silver Bullet, GhostRider, Sierra Sidewinder

7:00-8:00pm Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, Jaguar, Montezoomas!

So that's another THREE HOURS of ERT for West Coast Bash!!!

So you can expect Knott's to go to about 8:00.

^^All the information you need to know is in the store: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

You're not going to get an email unless you've purchased tickets.

And your time is running out very quickly. Hundreds of other people didn't have issues so I'm sure you can figure it out.