TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

^ What are you talking about? We haven't sold out of tickets, nor have I posted that we did. Please do not post things that will confuse other people.

You can order your West Coast Bash tickets here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERT looks incredible! Last year, I got about 10 rides on Tatsu, Terminator, and X2 each throughout the day. This year looks even better. I like the morning ERT line-up a lot. I'm just curious if we'll see any ERT on S:EFK. We'll see what surprises await us.

ERT looks incredible! Last year, I got about 10 rides on Tatsu, Terminator, and X2 each throughout the day. This year looks even better. I like the morning ERT line-up a lot. I'm just curious if we'll see any ERT on S:EFK. We'll see what surprises await us.

What is S:EFK??

WEST COAST BASH SOLD OUT!!!

The only people who can buy West Coast Bash 2011 tickets now are Club TPR Members:

Club TPR Members! Order your tickets HERE: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

To register for Club TPR click here:

http://www.clubtpr.com

Edited by robbalvey

It's going to be BRIGHT during night ERT at SFMM:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Richard Nolle, a noted astrologer who runs the website astropro.com, has famously termed the upcoming full moon at lunar perigee (the closest approach during its orbit) an "extreme supermoon."

When the moon goes super-extreme, Nolle says, chaos will ensue: Huge storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural disasters can be expected to wreak havoc on Earth. (It should be noted that astrology is not a real science, but merely makes connections between astronomical and mystical events.)

But do we really need to start stocking survival shelters in preparation for the supermoon? [Photos: Our Changing Moon]

The question is not actually so crazy. In fact scientists have studied related scenarios for decades. Even under normal conditions, the moon is close enough to Earth to make its weighty presence felt: It causes the ebb and flow of the ocean tides.

The moon's gravity can even cause small but measureable ebbs and flows in the continents, called "land tides" or "solid Earth tides," too. The tides are greatest during full and new moons, when the sun and moon are aligned either on the same or opposite sides of the Earth.

Of course, I'll pass on the Natural Disasters.

Thank god i'm a TPR member lol... Putting off wasnt a great idea at all....But that happens when your friends give you let notice about if there able to go or not... Sounds like its gonna be another great year!! Looking foward for it. Can't believe its already gonna be next weekened already!! Sucks that Deja isn't gonna be open, but oh well. That still isn't gonna stop me from having fun!!

So, never going to WCB before, what can I expect from the Morning and Evening ERT? How long will the waits be, if there even are any? And should this "Coaster Enthusiast Day" event from SFMM affect the ERT at all?

If past years can be taken as any indication, the rides scheduled for ERT have been walk-ons, or a few trains wait, at the most, for the most popular coasters. The very front, or very back, of a train for some rides may have a slightly longer wait, but I can't recall ever waiting more than 3 trains for any ride (X2 front row). After that I settled into a middle row seat and didn't have to leave it for several cycles of the ride.

I'll leave it Robb or SFMM to speculate as to whether the other coaster enthusiast event will have any significant impact. Personally, I doubt that it will.

A few showers is actually a good thing ... will keep the park empty during normal operating hours.

Yeah, to be honest, if the weather is perfect, that could mean a very busy day for WCB, especially with Superman opening the same day. Anything we can have in our favour that will keep some of the GP away, and the lines shorter...THE BETTER!

A few showers is actually a good thing ... will keep the park empty during normal operating hours.

The WCB that we had hail was great, the park was DEAD that day.

That was a great year We were eating lunch, and then WHAM! What do you know, it's hailing Poor people on Goliath though :/