TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been alerted of an ERT schedule change from SFMM. Turns out, they won't have Colossus or Deja Vu open due to scheduled maintenance.

8:30-10:30: Riddler’s Revenge, Batman The Ride, Scream, and Goliath

9:30-10:30: Tatsu and X2

The evening ERT will now consist the following attractions:

9:00-11:00:

Gold Rusher, Revolution, Ninja, Viper, Riddler’s Revenge, Goliath, Apocalypse, Tatsu

9:30-11:00:

Batman The Ride, Scream, X2

Hey guise, I have a few questions about the ordering process for WBC.

1. Now that I've ordered two tickets separately, I've wanted to know if I have to have one of the tickets under my friends' name, as both are currently under my name so I could buy them.

2. Do I have to print out the tickets? Will they be shipped to me? What happens if they get lost in the mail?

3. Where do I go when I get there?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I'll be scouring this thread for the answers. Thanks in advance...

-CFG

What do you all recommend for Friday night:

Stay at my sister's place (in Costa Mesa/Newport area)? (con: Getting up super early at my sister's place to get to SFMM.)

or

Find a CHEAP (is that possible ) hotel room in Valencia? (pro: Driving a car that gets decent mileage and paying for a room.)

or

Bring the RV and stay close to SFMM? (con: Or bringing the RV which gets 10mpg (130 miles one-way).)

Decisions, decisions..

Am I taking a gamble by trying to leave OC so early on Saturday morning?

Anyone want a roommate? I'll pay for half the room. I stayed at Extended stay with my brother last year, but he won't be attending this year.

Hey guise, I have a few questions about the ordering process for WBC.

1. Now that I've ordered two tickets separately, I've wanted to know if I have to have one of the tickets under my friends' name, as both are currently under my name so I could buy them.

2. Do I have to print out the tickets? Will they be shipped to me? What happens if they get lost in the mail?

3. Where do I go when I get there?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I'll be scouring this thread for the answers. Thanks in advance...

-CFG

Most of your questions have been answered in the FAQ:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

^^ There is an RV park about 2 miles from SFMM (at the 5/126 interchange). Doing a quick search it looks like it's about $48 a night for a spot. Would probably be cheaper driving your car and getting a hotel.

You most likely aren't going to find a "cheap" hotel in Valencia, but you can probably find something closer to SFMM than Newport. Maybe around Burbank Airport? I wouldn't recommend too many places in the Valley, and most places I would recommend would probably cost as much as a hotel room in Valencia.

You should be ok with traffic that early on a Saturday though, it will still take you 60-90 minutes so I'd leave Newport no later than 7:00am.

^^ There is an RV park about 2 miles from SFMM (at the 5/126 interchange). Doing a quick search it looks like it's about $48 a night for a spot. Would probably be cheaper driving your car and getting a hotel.

You most likely aren't going to find a "cheap" hotel in Valencia, but you can probably find something closer to SFMM than Newport. Maybe around Burbank Airport? I wouldn't recommend too many places in the Valley, and most places I would recommend would probably cost as much as a hotel room in Valencia.

You should be ok with traffic that early on a Saturday though, it will still take you 60-90 minutes so I'd leave Newport no later than 7:00am.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the price of fuel will eliminate the possibility of taking an RV.. (300 miles round trip +/-, 10 mpg, diesel at $4.10/gal = $123 - just for the fuel). Wow. That's probably going to be a no.

I think I'm just going to start looking at hotel rooms. I will definitely be staying at my sister's on Saturday night so there won't be a need for the RV.

We shall see. Thanks for the tip though on that RV park!

I'm happy Ninja was added to the SFMM night ERT, especially since if I recall correctly it was down last year.

Ninja doesn't get too much attention anymore, but it's still one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to a bunch of rides on it.

What do you all recommend for Friday night:

Stay at my sister's place (in Costa Mesa/Newport area)? (con: Getting up super early at my sister's place to get to SFMM.)

or

Find a CHEAP (is that possible ) hotel room in Valencia? (pro: Driving a car that gets decent mileage and paying for a room.)

or

Bring the RV and stay close to SFMM? (con: Or bringing the RV which gets 10mpg (130 miles one-way).)

Decisions, decisions..

Am I taking a gamble by trying to leave OC so early on Saturday morning?

Anyone want a roommate? I'll pay for half the room. I stayed at Extended stay with my brother last year, but he won't be attending this year.

I live in the same area and it isn't much of a drive. There isn't any traffic on the weekend if you take the 55, 405 605, to the 5. You can get there in 59minutes. The drive back will hurt though ha ha ha ha... Good luck.

Remember, today is the LAST DAY to order a West Coast Bash T-Shirt! After today, we will still sell WCB tickets until they sell out (and they are selling out FAST), but you will NOT be able to get a T-Shirt.

The WCB T-Shirt looks like this:

thumb_wcb_shirt_design.jpg

And you can order your tickets here:

--Robb

Remember, today is the LAST DAY to order a West Coast Bash T-Shirt! After today, we will still sell WCB tickets until they sell out (and they are selling out FAST), but you will NOT be able to get a T-Shirt.

The WCB T-Shirt looks like this:

thumb_wcb_shirt_design.jpg

And you can order your tickets here:

--Robb