TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

Knott's ERT...same as last year, but reversed and including Xcelerator instead of Boomerang. It should be a lot of fun, but (at least in my opinion) unlike the SFMM day, the Knott's day isn't about ERT. Last year, I enjoyed the backstage tours much more than the ERT and given what this year's tours will be, I'm sure those will be the highlight of the Knott's day.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Even if your a young-an? Say 13...

I'm out going and all that too.

Yes. If you're just 13 and coming alone you will have no problem having a great time and meeting people. Two years ago at an ACE event (sorry) I met a 16 year old guy (Ryan from Cleveland) and we hung out and did the park togeter. I was 46 and he was 16. Some folks might find that uncomfortable but we were both there to enjoy the park and had a great time. That being said, I go many times by myself and have never met others and had a great time!

The Knott's ERT looks great! Night time Xcelerator should be a blast, and two hours of Silver Bullet ERT in the morning sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

By the way, I love that Knott's logo Robb posted on the last page. They should use that!

^ Even if your a young-an? Say 13...

I'm out going and all that too.

Yes. If you're just 13 and coming alone you will have no problem having a great time and meeting people. Two years ago at an ACE event (sorry) I met a 16 year old guy (Ryan from Cleveland) and we hung out and did the park togeter. I was 46 and he was 16. Some folks might find that uncomfortable but we were both there to enjoy the park and had a great time. That being said, I go many times by myself and have never met others and had a great time!

I'm from Cleveland too and I'd join you but a trip out west isn't in the budget right now.

Knott's ERT...same as last year, but reversed and including Xcelerator instead of Boomerang. It should be a lot of fun, but (at least in my opinion) unlike the SFMM day, the Knott's day isn't about ERT. Last year, I enjoyed the backstage tours much more than the ERT and given what this year's tours will be, I'm sure those will be the highlight of the Knott's day.

The SFMM and KBF days offer a nice contrast to each other. The SFMM day tends to be more high powered, while the KBF day is more low key.

^ I'm assuming because it's not technically open yet, and they don't want to promise anything that currently isn't available to any guests at all. The park also seems to have a few surprises of their sleeve. Like I said on the last page, they have always pulled through in the past....

^This

^ We sure are. I can't wait!! I

fatdaddy wrote:

Kinda want to do Knott's too, but I don't think I can handle two days in a row...or can I?

If you are used to walking and being on the go, it shouldn't be an issue. And its not like you have to rush around to the coasters and wear yourself out, with all the ERT you can take your time and see other things during non ERT times. Word to the wise though, don't fill up on donuts and juice then ride X2 numerous times..Blah..

Anybody have any success booking a room in Buena Park on the night of the 19th yet? I'm thinking of Priceline, but I'm wary of the late check-in. We've used priceline a LOT, but did have an issue with a late check-in once. I'm thinking of just booking directly (most likely the Courtyard on Beach).