TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

^ I'm assuming because it's not technically open yet, and they don't want to promise anything that currently isn't available to any guests at all. The park also seems to have a few surprises of their sleeve. Like I said on the last page, they have always pulled through in the past....

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did somebody say happy hour?? I'm in! Also, does anyone have Valencia hotel recommendations?? I'm having a hard time deciding which hotel to stay at. If the Embassy Suites has a bar and happy hour, that's intriguing, but it's further away than any other option. The Hilton Garden Inn is RIGHT there, which seems nice. The Hyatt seems like a nice option, too. I just don't want to be away from everything.

Like, where's everyone else staying?? Where's the after-party!? What should I do!?

Edited by CoasterBoyJosh

^ I'm assuming because it's not technically open yet, and they don't want to promise anything that currently isn't available to any guests at all. The park also seems to have a few surprises of their sleeve. Like I said on the last page, they have always pulled through in the past....

That makes sense. I definitely wouldn't put it past them have a few surprises. Guess I'll just have to wait and see

Anyone else going up early (Friday night) and want to get together for a pre-bash dinner/happy hour? We're staying at the HGI?

Did somebody say happy hour?? I'm in!

I would be in too. But I live on the wrong side of the country, alas.

Well, this is a significantly different ERT schedule than last year (at least in the morning). It should be good. Unfortunately, it looks like there is no Tatsu nighttime ERT but I can deal with that since the other coasters should be plenty (and I've been on Tatsu in the dark plenty of times).

Fingers crossed for racing Colossus during one of the ERT sessions. That was awesome last year.

Awesome! I like how the tings are broken up.

Do you think ninja will make its way into the lineup or am I looking right at it?

Nighttime ert ends at 11:00 pm, right?

If you really want a Ninja credit, just go sometime during the day. There is usually never a line for that ride. I also like how it is broken up like that. A full park of ERT sounds overwhelming! I also don't know when evening ERT ends.

Is that Happy Hour good on saturday too??? Since I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriott down the street...I may just venture over.

Anyone else going up early (Friday night) and want to get together for a pre-bash dinner/happy hour? We're staying at the HGI?

Did somebody say happy hour?? I'm in! Also, does anyone have Valencia hotel recommendations?? I'm having a hard time deciding which hotel to stay at. If the Embassy Suites has a bar and happy hour, that's intriguing, but it's further away than any other option. The Hilton Garden Inn is RIGHT there, which seems nice. The Hyatt seems like a nice option, too. I just don't want to be away from everything.

Like, where's everyone else staying?? Where's the after-party!? What should I do!?

GAH, I'm understanding how Rob feels now with how crazy this board can get with one little snipet of info, especially if its miss-construed.

Ok so everyone understands:

HAPPY HOUR AT EMBASSY IS FREE BUT REQUIRES A ROOM KEY! So, if you are not staying there, don't expect to be able to take advantage.

However, if you decide to get a room there, there is a nightly "managers reception" from 5:30 to 7:30 that typically means a few beer selections, maybe wine, maybe a mixed drink or 2 depending, and some hours d'oeuvres. The room rate also includes a fully cooked to order breakfast [usually custom omelets]. So if it's in your budget, it's kind of nice. But the Hilton Garden Inn is pretty descent, I have stayed there a few times and no real issues. This will be my first stay at the Embassy in Valencia.

Anyway, I am down for a small simple get-together Friday night for dinner or just chit-chat, who else?

There's a BJs and a TGI Fridays about 5 minutes down Magic Mountain Parkway away from SFMM. BJs closes at 1am on Friday & Saturday night, and Fridays usually closes after midnight so either one would likely be good locations for a TPR Happy Hour Invasion of sorts. BJs, I'm told, has a fantastic beer menu.

Valencia desperately needs a Buffalo Wild Wings...

Great sounding line up for ERT! It's a nice change to the morning ERT coaster line up too. My fingers are crossed that Colossus might even Duel for morning ERT like it did night ERT last year. And of course who knows what suprises SFMM will have to make this an even better/crazier event, they always seem to find a way to out do them selves