TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if this was mentioned before, but what is the event capacity?

Does anyone know the attendance at last year's event? Actually, it would be really cool to know the attendance at WCB for the last few years.

We don't give out attendance numbers, sorry.

I always think... How does that many people turn into this?

wcb_2009_123.jpg.7f5863925c25284af91fa31a7cd95f2f.jpg

I always think... How does that many people turn into this?

Well, when we usually have 4 or 5 rides open during morning ERT, and each one of those rides can have 48 or so people out on the ride circuit, and then a train or two worth in each station, some people out wandering in the park, etc, you can see how even as many as 500 to 600 people showing up to an event can quickly thin about.

It's all about the ratio between attendance and the volume of rides open. SFMM has not let us down yet!

--Robb

Can we take a video on a ride if we ask permission from the ride operator or park?I'm going for my second time to WCB!I really hope the park decides tO put SEFK in both ert sessions

No. This is clearly stated in the first post of this thread.

- Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott’s Berry Farm.

For people's reference, I landed the 3* Courtyard Mariott for $70 on Priceline. I incrementally worked my way up from $45 for 3* hotels in the Valencia-Stevenson Ranch area.

Thats a good price. The only thing I don't particulary like is you really can't pick your bed type. If it was just me in the room I would go for that price, but I need a 2 bed guarantee. I went ahead and booked the Hilton Garden Inn for 100. I like the HGI, really close to the park and an overall nice comfy hotel.

Last year I did get the Valencia Hyatt for like 65 I believe. That was a great place. It was very nice being right across the street from restaurants and shopping.

^ Call the hotel the day after you book with Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, etc. Tell them to 'add a note' to your reservation saying that you MUST have 2 double beds. Call back in a day or two to confirm this information. If it is not there, ask to speak to a manager and request it again. Explain that you CANNOT have 1 bed.

Hotels typically are a little more hot-headed when it comes to booking websites. They tend to give those reservations the least appreciated rooms on the property, and they use the 'well you booked elsewhere' excuse. Trust me, if you call them and explain that you NEED TWO BEDS, and call AGAIN, and even a third time approaching the visit, you will probably get your two beds. Just keep your cool and stay persistent.

But yeah, if you are an ass, or rude, all bets are off. Just be professional, cool, and persistent.

1 Month from this Saturday!!

So, I have not been to Six Flags (bad experiences before) since they had Psyclone still up. What coaster would you all recommend I do first for my de-virginization of all the new coasters (and old, I've never been on Viper). Ha ha!

Also, what are some of your favorite moments from past WCB that you've been on? (Can I post this question here?)

So, I have not been to Six Flags (bad experiences before) since they had Psyclone still up. What coaster would you all recommend I do first for my de-virginization of all the new coasters (and old, I've never been on Viper). Ha ha!

Also, what are some of your favorite moments from past WCB that you've been on? (Can I post this question here?)

I would suggest that you go on Tatsu first, if it's open for ERT. It's such a great experience flying around the top of the mountain.

If Tatsu isn't open, I would go on whatever coaster you walk by first. Just get out there and start riding!

I would suggest that you go on Tatsu first, if it's open for ERT. It's such a great experience flying around the top of the mountain.

If Tatsu isn't open, I would go on whatever coaster you walk by first. Just get out there and start riding!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the advice! There are so many new coasters I'm sure I'll ride them all, but that first one has got to be I plan on riding more in this day than I've ever ridden! Disneyland is the closest to actual coasters I get...so this is so exciting to ride these huge things! I can't wait for Goliath! I hear it's black-out inducing! SWEET!

Depends on what they have open for morning ERT. I'd say either Tatsu or Apocalypse if they are open, or you could always try for Superman (even if you rode it before, the experience has changed), although I'm guessing 80% of the attendees will go straight here if we have ERT on it. Last year, everyone went to X2, so I'd stay off that for the first half-hour or so of ERT. This is just a guess, but I don't think Goliath will be open for morning ERT (it wasn't last year, as it is on the opposite side of the park from what they usually open).

Also, what are some of your favorite moments from past WCB that you've been on?

All of it. There was really no negative part of WCB last year (at least that I can think of). For one specific event, it would have to be either the small group backstage tours (mine was on X2) or night ERT with almost everything open, plus custom Terminator audio and racing Colossus.

For people's reference, I landed the 3* Courtyard Mariott for $70 on Priceline. I incrementally worked my way up from $45 for 3* hotels in the Valencia-Stevenson Ranch area.

Thats a good price. The only thing I don't particulary like is you really can't pick your bed type. If it was just me in the room I would go for that price, but I need a 2 bed guarantee. I went ahead and booked the Hilton Garden Inn for 100. I like the HGI, really close to the park and an overall nice comfy hotel.

Last year I did get the Valencia Hyatt for like 65 I believe. That was a great place. It was very nice being right across the street from restaurants and shopping.

I pricelined the Hyatt Valencia last year and I called the desk to get two beds and they came through. I plan on doing the same with the Courtyard Mariott for my stay.

I was hoping to get the same property, but I guess something must be going on where they're fairly booked up.

I am going to be at Knott's the same day as WCB but with a different group of people, so I really won't be in WCB for that. However, I'm considering going to SFMM's the day before, and probably going to bring a friend as a guest. Would I need to get the money from her first? Or would she need to send the check directly to you?