TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

^ I like your comic con analogy the best

Dave

You mean my Star Trek Convention analogy?

ACE Members = The die-hard, socially awkward obsessive fanatics that go to the Star Trek convention dressed as Vulcans and speaking Klingon

TPR Members = The dudes off to the side, drinking a beer, and laughing at the idiots speaking Klingon.

But we're all still dorky enough to be at the Star Trek convention to begin with!

--Robb

That's the one! The fact that I got the Star Trek convention and Comic-Con actually bodes well for this!

Dave

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys i have some non TPR guys that will be attending WCB with me and i would rather not collect money from all of them, so will they be able to purchase tickets if they sign up on the boards first?

I can't foresee why this would be an issue, as long as they sign up for TPR, confirm their email, and purchase tickets before they sell out... I'll let Rob confirm this.

Also, Rob can you tell us if there will be Breakfast included at KBF on Sunday? Also, any word on the verdict for the dinner option idea Saturday night? Thanks!

Hey guys i have some non TPR guys that will be attending WCB with me and i would rather not collect money from all of them, so will they be able to purchase tickets if they sign up on the boards first?

They can purchase tickets on their own. Please have them put in the comments section "Guest of .... "

--Robb

hey Robb,

Long time listener, first time caller. Sorry if this is a stupid question, But I happen to have won a free ticket to knott's that will be valid during the time WCB happens and I was wondering if i should just pay the AP price? I don't want throw a kinks in the works or anything but as poor college kid any discount I can get I take =p.

hey Robb,

Long time listener, first time caller. Sorry if this is a stupid question, But I happen to have won a free ticket to knott's that will be valid during the time WCB happens and I was wondering if i should just pay the AP price? I don't want throw a kinks in the works or anything but as poor college kid any discount I can get I take =p.

I would *think* that should be ok...

Man, I really want to go this year. I haven't been to Magic Mountain since just after X originally opened (and I never got to ride it then). I think I need to make up my mind very quickly because it just sounds like too good of a time to miss.

Go for it! The best way to enjoy these parks is with awesome TPR people. And with the ERT you can ride as much as you like!!

Dave

I've read through this thread about 2 times and didn't see anything on this, hopefully I didn't miss it. But, do we get a packet in the mail, or is it something we pick up when we get there? This is my first WCB and TPR event so I'm a little over-excited I haven't been to Magic Mountain since Flashback (years before they closed it). I haven't ridden Viper, X, Scream, Riddler, Terminator (whatever it is called now), Tatsu, so it's pretty much like a brand new experience for me. I read through every trip report and can't wait to see what it's like to be IN the mix rather than on the sidelines.

I'm about ready to explode I'm so excited!

I've read through this thread about 2 times and didn't see anything on this, hopefully I didn't miss it. But, do we get a packet in the mail, or is it something we pick up when we get there? This is my first WCB and TPR event so I'm a little over-excited I haven't been to Magic Mountain since Flashback (years before they closed it). I haven't ridden Viper, X, Scream, Riddler, Terminator (whatever it is called now), Tatsu, so it's pretty much like a brand new experience for me. I read through every trip report and can't wait to see what it's like to be IN the mix rather than on the sidelines.

I'm about ready to explode I'm so excited!

From all that I've read and seen from pictures from past bashes, you get everything you need when you get to the park.

- Q: What do I need to do to attend West Coast Bash 2011?

A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event.

- Q: Do I have to attend both days, or can I attend just one or the other? A: You do not have to attend both days. You can register for one or the other. If you have registered for BOTH days, you will receive TWO event packets in the morning at Magic Mountain.

That is a quote from the store page for WCB 2011. You will get your event packets and tickets the morning of the event. Robb and Elissa take care of everything for us, besides lodging and transportation of course.

Looking forward to the bash! I do have a question though..Im a TPR Member and have been since 2009 but I have not singed up for Club TPR. Will I still be allowed to purchase tickets? Also is it still possible to join membership "free" or is it now required to become ClubTPR member? Sorry...just alittle confused about both memberships. Thank you for all the hard work. Im sure this years bash is gonna be awesome!

Also, Rob can you tell us if there will be Breakfast included at KBF on Sunday? Also, any word on the verdict for the dinner option idea Saturday night? Thanks!

Just wondering if this was overlooked, or the answers aren't certain yet?

Thanks rob....

Is filming POV's allowed at this event?

do we get a packet in the mail, or is it something we pick up when we get there?

I have not singed up for Club TPR. Will I still be allowed to purchase tickets?

Everyone please...I beg of you.... PLEASE READ THE FAQ INFORMATION POSTED IN THE STORE *AND* IN THE VERY FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD! All of these questions have been answered, yes, even on the page one of this thread:

Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott’s Berry Farm.

register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event.

You MUST be a registered member of Theme Park Review or Club TPR to purchase tickets

Sorry, but there will not be breakfast at Knott's, that would have been an additional charge and I wanted to keep the prices as reasonable as possible. There does not look like there will be any WCB specific dinner options at SFMM.

--Robb "Sorry for being a bit frustrated...but three questions on one page that have already been answered in the FAQ...you know...a little frustrating...sorry...." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey