TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about season passes.

I know when I attended the WCB back in 2009 we were given the opportunity to pay $30 more at guest services to get a season pass.

I was unable to attend 2010's bash because I was right in the middle of a move. Does anyone who attended the Knotts portion of WCB 2010 know if Knotts extended the same courtesy. I'm asking this because I want to purchase a Knotts season pass and am wondering if it would be cheaper to pay non season pass price for WCB and upgrade at Knotts, or get a season pass before hand and pay the season pass price for the event.

^^ Yes, it includes as much admission as you can handle (but only for yourself, and only for that day).

^^^^ Knott's did offer a credit, but when I went to see about buying a pass, Guest Relations said I could only get $25 credit for the $55 ticket. I can understand why it wasn't full credit, but the season pass processing line was huge and slow, and I was already somewhat on the fence, so I decided against it. As it turns out, I most likely would've only gotten a couple uses out of it anyways, so it was probably for the best.

So regarding the tickets being non-refundable, I'll just wait until I'm fairly certain work won't send me across the country, then I'll buy them using the Club TPR guaranteed ticket perk.

The 1 thing I will be disappointed with is that Green Lantern wont be open in time.

Really? Seriously? In the past years when a coaster is slated for opening that year, it's never been open for West Coast Bash. And now we are FORTUNATE enough to have TWO out of the THREE 2011 coasters opening for West Coast Bash this year, and your complaining??? Do me a favor. If that disappoints you, don't go to the event.

--Robb "I don't want to hear ANYONE bitching that only 2 out of the 3 coasters for 2011 are open for WCB." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean it to sound like a complaint. I 110% appreciate how lucky we are to have 2 out of 3 coasters opening. It's going to be a great event. I'm sorry. I was just saying how its sad that it's not opening with the others. Not that the event could have been scheduled better. Although I do see how my comment could have come out that way.

Garrett "I need to tape my mouth" Stewart

^ It's fine. The park does a really good job to try to accommodate the group as much as they can, knowing that the event happens in the spring, and most new coasters open in the summer. The year X2 opened, they did a really nice tour of the maintenance area, and were even able to cycle trains for us to show us how the ride would work. For Terminator, we got a fantastic construction tour behind the ride and be in areas that don't exist today, because that's where the ride currently stands.

So to be able to actually experience two of the new rides for this year, that's actually a real treat for WCB, and I'm not sure that's ever happened before. That's kind of why your comment annoyed me.

Thanks for the apology.

--Robb

I'm totally looking forward to WCB, even if the only "new" coaster (technically) is a roller skater. The fact that we will have two totally new coaster experiences, and be among the first to be able to ride them is something that no other event is going to be able to offer.

Magic Mountain always has gone above and beyond for WCB and at the end of the day, the coasters are great, the ERT is amazing but it's just about hanging with friends, having a great day. Having good food at the lunch, the Q&A with the park managers, behind the scenes stuff and the little surprises.

Still not sure if we are doing the Knott's day but the chance to have a behind the scenes tour of the log ride, and Xcelerator ERT may be too hard to pass up.

^ I couldn't agree more. The first year I attended WCB was 2008. I was blown away. Just the greatest treatment. Awesome tours. I appreciated all of them. It was very special to me to get to see the museum they put together in the sky tower. So much work and passion. I look forward to this years, I am really looking forward to Superman. So very awesome its opening the very day we will be at WCB.

Finally going to a rollercoaster meet after all these years following on the site... me and a mate have booked in at the Disneyland Hotel... hopefully we'll be able to make it out to Six Flags no problems.... any suggestions on the best way for some useless Aussies?!? Out of interest what time does the meet usually kick off for registration, etc??

Look forward to meeting you all!

^^ Yeah, it's a straight shot up I-5. I'd plan a 90 minute drive door to door that morning, just in case. So you're looking at having to leave around 6:30am to make the check in time at Magic Mountain. It will be worth it though!

Just a fast note to anyone planning on staying at the hotel at Knott's: if you call to make reservations, and you have a Knott's or Cedar Fair season pass, make sure that you ask about any season passholder discounts on rooms. I was able to get a better rate on my Knott's room than I did on my Holiday Inn Express room for Friday with the discount.

However, Priority Club has still been, and still is a good deal as well overall on the rooms I get at HI Express, though-it's just taking me a while to get enough points to redeem.....I have to try and push the issue of my accrued vacation time at work so I can travel more!

Thanks for the info guys, I am super-pumped!!!

I've talked a mate into coming over from Australia with me... funny thing, is my mate has _never_ _ever_ been on a rollercoaster... and, no I am not kidding!

Should be a great trip... as I've got a leave pass from the wife and kids for this trip!!! 6 nights in LA, and 3 nights in Vegas...