TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

How's the Super 8 just south of Knott's on Crescent Avenue? I can get that place for $50 a night through a perks deal they have set up at my work. The price is certainly right as long as my car will still have wheels the next morning.

Just like Robb said in his post, all the budget motels are about the same. I stayed at the Rodeway for Halloween Haunt and when you're worn out from the park all you really need/want is a bed to crash in. Plus, most all are within easy walking distance.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions:

1) It was announced today that Superman: Escape from Krypton would be opening Mar 19. Can we possibly look forward to ERT?

2) What does it mean that Club TPR members will have "priority" for purchaing event tickets? Non TPR members can buy a guaranteed spot for WCB today, right?

Couple of questions:

1) It was announced today that Superman: Escape from Krypton would be opening Mar 19. Can we possibly look forward to ERT?

ERT schedule has not been announced yet for WCB.

2) What does it mean that Club TPR members will have "priority" for purchaing event tickets? Non TPR members can buy a guaranteed spot for WCB today, right?

It means that if the event "sells out", Club TPR members will still be able to buy tickets.

Clarification question, does everyone have a chance to attend the backstage tours?

No backstage tours have been announced yet, so unfortunately I cannot answer that question. In the past, there has always been at least one backstage tour that anyone can go on, and then additional ones for smaller groups.

I remember last year when you guys got into color groups. How are you put into the groups?

I believe they added the color backstage tour cards into the packets as they were picked up, and recommended that people should pick up their packets as groups to be in the same tours.

Rob, I am totally looking forward to this event... S:EFK is going to be very cool... IF there is morning ERT that means that would mean we would be the first riders.... that is one big IF though! I am working on convincing my anti-coaster [but pro-disneyland] fiance to come to the Knott's day. No matter what, I CANT WAIT!

It means that if the event "sells out", Club TPR members will still be able to buy tickets.

That's great! I was actually going to get my ticket as soon as they went on sale, but have to wait until later this week due to another payroll "oops" at work. While I don't *think* there will be a sellout by the end of the week, you never know.....this to me is one of the absolute best enthusiast events that exists, and a very good value as well.

For those seeking hotels: I'd rather drive where I am going to need to be the next morning early the night before rather than chance possible traffic issues or running late. I always stay at the Holiday Inn Express right across from SFMM and have found it to be very good for the price (considering all that you get, breakfast, fitness center, internet service, etc) included. With the AAA Discount and the Priority Club rate it comes out very well, and all of my experiences there have been great (I don't know if Best Western has improved, but I had two VERY bad stays there before switching to HI Express).

Last year I stayed at HI Express across from SFMM on Friday and then the hotel directly at Knott's (Knott's Resort Hotel) on Saturday. I had thought the Knott's Hotel would have been more than the rate I would get at the Buena Park Holiday Inn, but it actually turned out to be less when I told the reservation agent that I was there for the enthusiast event and that I was a Cedar Fair Annual Passholder, as those both got me a discount on the room. Both the room and the hotel were nice-I had stayed there a few times in the past-but the real benefit came when it came time to get up on Sunday bright and early. I was very grateful to be within a few steps of the park-and, being able to go back and check out around noon once the park had opened!

There are other hotels close to Knott's.....but I can say from experience, a few of them (the ones not part of a national chain) I found a shade frightening. Rodeway, Super8, TravelLodge, Red Roof-those are all decent-but some of those no name places.....pretty scary.

Wish I could go. Work will not allow it this year. Maybe Bay Area Bash if it happens.

A good place to stay by Knotts is the Radisson. Stayed there last month pretty cheap. All rooms are suites, and you get a full buffet breakfast.

Well, it looks from your profile like you're in Arizona, so I think shoveling snow would be out

Seriously, though, my best advice to be what I did years ago for my first WCB way back in 2005 - save up allowance, do odds/ends for the family/friends/neighbors, and also make/rely on help from friends (either from your area that you already know that you can convince to go with, or through the site) to help out with breaking down some of the other charges (like hotel, rental car, gas, etc).

Edit - added the following reply to an earlier message:

I'm not quite old enough to rent a car and the parks are far enough away from Los Angeles proper to rely on public transit.

Also it appears that U-Haul still rents to younger drivers (someone recently mentioned this in a Photo TR), not sure at what age in California but might be worth looking into if you are comfortable driving a van.

Budget rents to under-25, but charges a $25/day extra fee. That's what I had to do until I turned 25 because no other rental companies would rent to me.

Does anyone have any experience using priceline for hotels near SFMM?? I'm hoping someone could post their winning priceline bid and for which hotel.

I've never used priceline near SFMM (but have near Disneyland probably 50 times and near Knott's a few times).

Whenever I'm trying to priceline a new area I check biddingfortravel.com ... but there really aren't a LOT of hotels near SFMM, and only a couple within walking distance. Good luck.

Since we need to charge extra for the shirt this year, I've upped the ante on it a bit and had the designer (badflip) that normally does our trip shirts design our WCB 2011 shirt. Here is the design. I hope you like it because I *LOVE* it!!!

Also, if you forgot to order a shirt with your WCB tickets, or you want an extra one, I've added them to the TPR Store:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22 (scroll to the bottom)

NOTE THAT WE WILL **NOT** SHIP THESE SHIRTS! THEY MUST BE PICKED UP AT WCB CHECK IN!

WCB_shirt_design.thumb.jpg.421977f05aff1c5355bf54a76b308675.jpg

WCB11_Shirt_back_forum.thumb.jpg.b6e9c9432f60415fe7e96f0643154979.jpg

Edited by robbalvey