TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite old enough to rent a car and the parks are far enough away from Los Angeles proper to rely on public transit.

Also it appears that U-Haul still rents to younger drivers (someone recently mentioned this in a PTR), not sure at what age in California but might be worth looking into if you are comfortable driving a van.

Just a question though: Is it easier to get a hotel for the night halfway between the parks and split the distance, or make the entire drive down to Buena Park after SFMM wraps up?

Honestly, I would just get a hotel in Buena Park. Some of the "halfway" area's aren't the best (not that Buena Park is all that nice either). But at least that way you can get up 30 minutes before ERT starts and be at the park.

I'm planning to drive to Buena Park Saturday night. I'm staying at the Motel 6 about a mile and a half away from Knott's, because it's fairly easy to get to from I-5 and is pretty cheap right now. It will only take about an hour, because there shouldn't be much traffic that late...

I would sleep in my car, but I know I'll want to take a shower Sunday morning.

How's the Super 8 just south of Knott's on Crescent Avenue? I can get that place for $50 a night through a perks deal they have set up at my work. The price is certainly right as long as my car will still have wheels the next morning.

I've stayed at almost all of those motels at some point - Rodeway, Super 8, Red Roof, Motel 6, they are all about the same - they have a bed and a shower. Nothing more or less. And when you're going from night ERT at one park to morning ERT at another, what more do you need? Really, they're fine.

How's the Super 8 just south of Knott's on Crescent Avenue? I can get that place for $50 a night through a perks deal they have set up at my work. The price is certainly right as long as my car will still have wheels the next morning.

I was looking at the Super 8, the only reason I didn't make a reservation there was the fact that they don't offer a refund if you cancel your reservation...

The site I book it through from the link on my work's site does allow cancellation, and a 10% discount which basically just about offsets the room tax. It seems like the best choice for me for a walking distance dive to crash at. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was spending a week in SoCal, but it should be okay for a few nights.

It's alien free... I think.

Just wanted to let you all know that I do have final confirmation from Knott's on the Xcelerator, Timber Mountain Log Ride, and Windseeker Tours!

I also have a few other Knott's "surprises" that I'll announce closer to the date.

--Robb