TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be dinner at the SFMM day like there was last year? That was totally worth the extra money and a nice rest/refuel before the epicness of evening ERT!

I actually asked about this, and the response I was given was:

We can re-visit the add on dinner if there is some interest, however this did not seem to be too popular in the past. We have designed the day to allow for plenty of time for event guests to eat dinner in the Park.

Perhaps what I will do is post a poll about an add-on dinner after we've had more ticket sales and then show it to the park. We sold out both dinner times last year. I at least thought it was pretty popular. Maybe it was just a lot of work to put together behind the scenes, not sure. Otherwise, it sounds like the answer is "no."

--Robb

Robb, have the daily start and end times been determined for this year's Bash?

TPR Quest game! Is this THE same riotous good time TPR introduced at ECB? I'm signing up for the Knott's day just for that! (the Timber Mountain Log Ride backstage tour is another sweet addition)

Last year my group elected to skip the optional dinner because we thought we'd leave the park for a short while to recharge for the late night ERT. Come WCB, I regretted the decision. So many surprise activities were added to the day that we were too busy enjoying ourselves to think of taking a break. If there is ultimately an optional group dinner offered, I'd sign up.

Edited by PAL

This looks even better than last year so far and I look forward to getting tickets for both days this week! I'm excited about both days, but one of the most intriguing things to be so far is the backstage tour of Timber Mountain on day two. I wish work had not screwed up our payroll this week causing our check to not arrive until Wednesday, otherwise I would buy my ticket now!

This year's WCB looks awesome. I am 100% I'm going to the SFMM day, but I'm not sure about the Knott's day yet. It depends on whether or not I can convince anyone to go with me, as well as whether or not I think I'll be able to focus in my Physics class the next day. I think I'll give my guests a week or so to decide if they want to go, and if so, which days, before I buy tickets.

Yay! This is awesome! Will hopefully order my tickets soon (they'd better not sell out lol, cause something like that would happen to me )... Looking forward to converting some of my friends to roller coaster enthusiasts.

I'm really thinking about flying out for both days, I think this would be an amazing way to visit both parks for the first time. Hopefully tickets don't sell out too quickly.

Serious question, would there be anyone willing to give me a ride to and from the parks both days? I'm not quite old enough to rent a car and the parks are far enough away from Los Angeles proper to rely on public transit. The hotel I'm looking at is on the western edge of downtown. Of course I'd compensate for your time and gas. Please PM me if you're interested. (Robb, is it alright if I ask this?)

I'm really thinking about flying out for both days, I think this would be an amazing way to visit both parks for the first time. Hopefully tickets don't sell out too quickly.

Serious question, would there be anyone willing to give me a ride to and from the parks both days? I'm not quite old enough to rent a car and the parks are far enough away from Los Angeles proper to rely on public transit. The hotel I'm looking at is on the western edge of downtown. Of course I'd compensate for your time and gas. Please PM me if you're interested. (Robb, is it alright if I ask this?)

That's fine to ask! And he's not a psycho either. Getting around LA on public transport is annoying as hell, but it's not "impossible."

You might want to consider flying in on Friday, and getting up to Valencia via super shuttle (about $60) or public transport:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=lax&daddr=Valencia,+CA&geocode=FRntBQIdnknx-Cm1T7IT0rDCgDHxrYtpV3uodw%3B&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=01%2F15%2F11&time=10:43pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&sll=34.169772,-118.486176&sspn=0.78854,1.476288&ie=UTF8&ll=34.169772,-118.447723&spn=0.78854,1.476288&z=10&start=0

And staying at a hotel close to the park. Not many are walking distance, but the ones on Lyons Ave can't be more than a $15 - $20 cab ride away.

And then seeing if someone going to WCB can get you a ride saturday night down to knott's, and stay at one of the many hotels walking distance to the park.

On monday, make your way back to LAX via super shuttle (about $40) or public transport:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Buena+Park,+CA&daddr=lax&geocode=%3BFRntBQIdnknx-Cm1T7IT0rDCgDHxrYtpV3uodw&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=01%2F15%2F11&time=10:43pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&sll=34.169772,-118.447723&sspn=0.78854,1.476288&ie=UTF8&z=11&start=0

Edited by robbalvey

If the ERT is as you guys describe it, the 53 bucks is still a steal. Not that MM isn't still an ass for sticking it to us They know we'll pay whatever they ask.

How fast did it sell out last year? Am I going to be safe buying my tickets the first week of Feb?

Just bought my WCB ticket. I'm really looking foreword to this. It's always been a blast in the past and I certainly that it continues the tradition of outdoing itself every single year.

Tickets purchased! Doubled up, MM and Knott's.

For people who visited both parks last year, was it better to crash near Magic Mt or make the drive down to Knott's and land later? Traffic shouldn't be an issue at either time, but making tracks that night assures you'll make it to check in. Any recommended properties down south? What about the Knott's hotel - any chance of an event discount?

Thanks!

^ No chance of an event discount at the hotel, sorry. It's all up to preference. I perfer to get all my driving done at night, even if I'm tired, rather than have to wake up at the crack of dawn and drive an hour. The Red Roof Inn down the street from Knott's is decent. There are also places right across the street where you can just fall out of bed and walk over to the park.

--Robb