TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official West Coast Bash 2011 Thread - SFMM & KBF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these two seperate events or one event? We don't have to attend both do we?

As far as last year, it was two separate events and you were able to purchase them separately. This year we still do not have info so it can change but I highly doubt it.

Update - I didn't see the previous post. You have your answer!!

When will registration open? I think it was out already at this time last year. I need to make flight reservations soon. Does anyone know if Deja Vu, Superman, or Ninja are expected to be open for this event? I haven't been following MM since the season ended by me back in Oct. and I thought I had heard that back then. Thanks.

When will registration open? I think it was out already at this time last year.

Yes, thank you. We are aware as we are the ones who opened registration last year. As it says in the first post, when we have details, we will post them. It's not like we are secretly doing registration behind your back or something, we just simply do not have the details from the parks yet.

You can make flight reservations. We have announced the dates. That's not changing. We will hopefully have ticket sales open soon.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks Robb. I just feel more comfortable registering first to make sure I'm in and the event is not sold out. Last year was my only TPR event I've attended, so I don't know how quickly they usually sell out.

Hope you had a great birthday, by the way.

^ I wouldn't worry about it selling out too much. Unless you wait until the VERY LAST minute, you should be fine. Trust me, I've been emailing the parks almost daily with updates... It's just taking longer this year, for some reason, to get things sorted out. Both parks have gone through staff changes, and I'm sure that's part of it...

I rode X2 and Tatsu first in the morning at the WCB last year. X2 had a 2-3 train wait and Tatsu only had 6 other people on it. At night Tatsu was still only 4-8 people per train and X2 was less than half full on each train. I was able to switch seats and switch trains when the train came back to the station on my 8 consecutive trips. ERT makes it well worth it to venture out there. Pretty much walk up and get on if you are not picky about seats. 1-2 train wait for back/front. It was a really pleasant day last year too.

As has been said, if you pick just about any row other than the very front, or very back, you can simply stay on most of the rides for as many cycles as you can handle for the bulk of the ERT. It's insanely awesome.

How a short are the wait times for the most popular rides during ERT?

Unless one of the parks is doing something special for a ride (such as last year's backward Colossus or alternate audio Terminator), all of the ERT lines were next train unless you wanted the front or back, which were usually a two or three train wait. On almost everything they were allowing people to stay on, or switch seats in some cases, on every ride except X2 (where they made you go out the exit gate and back around to the load gates, not leave the station building). Even the special rides were never more than a four train wait when I rode them, and if I remember correctly everything was running two trains if it could (except racing Colossus, which was one train on each track).

How a short are the wait times for the most popular rides during ERT?

My first experience with ERT was last year's West Coast Bash, and it was basically all walk ons. For morning ERT, we waited maybe a train or two for our first ride on X2 (went to it first) but later during the sesh, it was a walk on. Tatsu was also a walk on. At night, we hit Goliath, Batman, Colossus, and Terminator. All walk ons (Batman's station was empty). So yeah, don't expect wait times during ERT is what I would say.

I remember me and a couple friends riding Riddler and Batman several times in a row without getting off, and switching seats between front and back when we wanted. We literally had those rides all to ourselves. Pretty much everything was a walk on and most we didn't even have to leave our seat if we wanted another ride. Between ERT, food and the behind the scenes tours it's worth every penny.

I'm excited! Planing to go and bring my non-enthusiast girlfriend! The only coaster she's been on in the past 8-10 years is the San Diego Giant Dipper earlier this year... We'll see how she handles the likes of X2 and Tatsu!

Also, looking forward to meeting more fun TPR-type peoples! Should be a great time!

Last Year at WCB, we went straight for X2. Our first ride was a short wait (5min or so), our next re-ride was about the same. After that, everyone had pretty much moved on and it was no-wait re-rides for the rest of ERT (13 laps all together). This was about the time the park actually opened to the public. After that, Justin secretly puked and we headed for our first backstage tour of the day, grabbing a no-wait ride on Tatsu along the way.

For night ERT, we grabbed three rides on colossus (RACING!!!!!) and then 11 rides on Terminator TPR Especial with Special TPR audio.

Check out our Trip Report for in-depth coverage!!! Click the link below:

The Bebes' WCB 2010 REPORT PT1: SFMM

Click the link above^

^If you want to keep her your girlfriend you may want to ease into the coaster thing and perhaps not start with X2!!!!

Haha! Very true! Starting on X2 might very well end our day early!

But seriously, I definitely wouldn't want to start with that... Unless there's a.m. ERT... Then she's screwed!

I'm excited! Planing to go and bring my non-enthusiast girlfriend! The only coaster she's been on in the past 8-10 years is the San Diego Giant Dipper earlier this year... We'll see how she handles the likes of X2 and Tatsu!

Also, looking forward to meeting more fun TPR-type peoples! Should be a great time!

Oh my gosh. That is so weird cause I'm in the exact same situation. My girlfriend is also non-enthusiast and I've talked her into coming with to WCB. Her ride experience consists of the coasters at Disneyland, and here's the funny part, the San Diego Giant Dipper. She gets kinda freaked out by BIG rides so I'm gonna try to work with her and not force her onto anything she's not comfortable with. Hopefully by the end of the night I'll have worked her up to X2, but I won't hold my breath.

West Coast Bash 2011 Tickets ON SALE NOW! http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

Saturday - March 19th - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sunday - March 20th - Knott's Berry Farm

Pricing:

$53 - Six Flags Magic Mountain (Everyone pays one price)

$32 - Knott's (Cedar Fair) Season Passholder

$45 - Knott's KIDS & SENIORS Non-Pass

$60 - Knott's ADULTS Non-Pass

$10 - Event T-Shirt (The shirt is not included this year)

Event Includes:

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

- 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters

- Breakfast

- Catered Lunch

- Q&A Session with park management

- 2 Hours Evening ERT on select coasters

- Free parking until 8:30am

- Free Kodak Photo Voucher

- FOUR HOURS of total ERT!

- Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!

Knott's Berry Farm:

- 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters

- Backstage tour of Timber Mountain Log Ride

- Backstage tour of Xcelerator

- Construction Tour of Windseeker

- Group Lunch

- TPR Quest Game at Lunch

- Presentation at Good Times Theater

- Q&A Session with park management

- 1 Hour Evening ERT on select coasters

- Free parking until 8:00am

- Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!

- ERT is planned for Xcelerator!

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event.

Get your tickets NOW before the sell out!!!

You must have a Knott's Berry Farm for a Cedar Fair pass that is good at all Cedar Fair properties to purchase the Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass price.

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Event Rules & Additional Details

- You MUST be a registered member of Theme Park Review or Club TPR to purchase tickets for this event however your guests do NOT have to be a registered member. *NOTE* If your guest is a past member that has had their account/membership deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into West Coast Bash 2011.

- Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott’s Berry Farm.

- All event participants MUST abide by ALL park rules and Theme Park Review’s/Club TPR's code of conduct and terms of service. Violation of park rules is subject to you and your guests removal from the park and your account being banned.

- Q: What do I need to do to attend West Coast Bash 2011?

A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event.

- Q: Do I have to attend both days, or can I attend just one or the other? A: You do not have to attend both days. You can register for one or the other. If you have registered for BOTH days, you will receive TWO event packets in the morning at Magic Mountain.

- Q: Will you have onsite event registration? A: sorry, but no tickets available during morning check in. TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED so register NOW. In 2010, this event SOLD OUT!

- Q: I cannot make it to the park before check-in ends or I need to leave before evening ERT, can I still attend West Coast Bash if I cannot make the entire day? A: Yes, you may arrive after check-in ends. Your event packet will be left at will call or guest relations under the name of the person who registered. If you need to leave before evening ERT, you may do so, but we hope you can stay because it will be amazing! Please note there are NO REFUNDS given if you cannot make the event.

- Q: How old do you have to be to attend West Coast Bash 2011? A: There is no age limit for this event. We will have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson!

- Q: What does "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" mean? A: ERT means that the rides and attractions listed during those times on the schedule are open ONLY to attendees of West Coast Bash 2011.

Edited by robbalvey