TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waterparks, anyone?

I really like them if they are good and not too crowded. I love Blizzard Beach as well as Typhoon Lagoon. Those are easily the best I've been to. Splashin' Safari at Holiday World is good, but I'm starting to think that they are doing too well for themselves. The last time I went, the park was so crowded, there wasn't one slide that didn't have an hour+ wait. To me, that is ridiculous. I can't bring myself to wait that long for every slide in the park. Summit Plummet at BB is about the only slide I'll ever willingly wait more than an hour for. But yeah, for the most part, I really enjoy water parks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love water parks personally. We used to have one here in Memphis, but it closed in the late 90's, and is now a empty lot / strip mall / self storage. Atleast this summer when I'm in Destin I can get a pass to Big Kahuna's. That place has gotten huge compared to what it was when I was a kid. The only bad part is that they filled in thier 3 chute slides and replaced them with 2 fiberglass slides that aren't nearly as good. They used to also have 2 speed slids with a red tube that went underground below them. They still have the tube, but they have cleared away the hill and built fiberglass replacements of the white speed slides, so now all three are suspended. That killed a little of the feel that side of the park had, but the new area is great and has basically doubled the size of the park.

My favorite water park is probably Raging Waters in San Dimas. My favorite water slides are probably Half Pipe at Raging Waters and Tornado at Hurricane Harbor. The Straight down speed slides are fun, but the always stratch my back I also like water slides like Hurricane harbors Secret Passage. But all the cool water parks like Blizzard Beach, Splashin Safari and Shlitterban be so far! Why Oh WHY IS THE WATER JUMP IN ITALY? WHY!!! Hey, at least I live close to Hurricane Harbor, and our local park only 6 blocks away has Water Slides

My favorite water park is probably Raging Waters in San Dimas. My favorite water slides are probably Half Pipe at Raging Waters and Tornado at Hurricane Harbor. The Straight down speed slides are fun, but the always stratch my back I also like water slides like Hurricane harbors Secret Passage. But all the cool water parks like Blizzard Beach, Splashin Safari and Shlitterban be so far! Why Oh WHY IS THE WATER JUMP IN ITALY? WHY!!! Hey, at least I live close to Hurricane Harbor, and our local park only 6 blocks away has Water Slides

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but they took out Halfpipe for Dragon's Den-a lame toilet bowl with really long wait times. So i would say RW...even when i almost got stuck in Vortex

Eh I wouldn't complain too much about slides hurting your back... I honestly don't even dare go to water parks here in Colorado without wearing a light t-shirt anymore. I just burn too damn fast and I don't really want skin cancer...

Oh and what is with the guy recommending the Elitch Gardens waterpark and not Waterworld?

BTW does anyone else not like this latest trend with amusement parks adding water parks? I mean personally I just don't like the two connected. I am not going to move between the two and despite signs I have to deal with wet seats because they let someone on a ride in their swimsuit... issed:

• 11 months later...

I love Waterparks, there are not enough rides which use rubber rings in the UK.

The only Waterpark I have been to is in Portugal called "Slide n Splash".

There are some Indoor waterparks in the UK, the best one is called "Splashdown" at Tower Park.

I use Rollercoaster Tycoon Add-on "Wild" to create Water Slides/tubes.

I'm not a hater nor a lover of waterparks. If I do go, I can have a great time. My girlfriend loves them, so whenever a park has a waterpark, we usually check it out (ie Darien Lake, SF New England), even if it means only picking up 4 credits at SFNE.

I know a lot of folks don't like them, but we LOVE Tornado's and pretty much any water slide. The master blasters are cool too 8)

I'm not a hater nor a lover of waterparks. If I do go, I can have a great time. My girlfriend loves them, so whenever a park has a waterpark, we usually check it out (ie Darien Lake, SF New England), even if it means only picking up 4 credits at SFNE.

I know a lot of folks don't like them, but we LOVE Tornado's and pretty much any water slide. The master blasters are cool too 8)

I'm with your girlfriend on this one. Ted's more likely to get me somewhere if there's a waterpark included somewhere on the trip!

Yeah, talk about forum CPR...

I enjoy waterparks. Too bad there aren't any decent ones within a reasonable drive of here (3 1/2 hours to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells does not count). But as far as the best one I've been to: Noah's Ark. 'Nuff said. Too bad it's in the Dells.

Paul

Ok my turn to add the reserected dead!!!

Waterparks are my second passion if not as equal to amusement parks!!

I would probably say my favorite waterpark is Waterworld in Denver Colorado. I was rather impressed with their combination water/darkrides, especially Voyage to the center of the earth!! There is this really awesome spiral down inside a cave at the begining of the slide that catches you off guard!!

It was also my first waterpark that had a skyway system in it aswell. But I will have to admit my favorite slide there is Tortuga Run because there is never big line to it and its fun to drop from pool to pool while bouncing off other riders in their tubes while you are goin down.

Other waterparks that I have been to are

Wildrivers in Irvine California

Raging Waters in San Dimas California

Soak City (knott's Berry Farm)in Buena Park California

Soak City in San Diego California

Wild wild Wet in Anaheim California-- This was just a waterslide park with only concrete slides that you use a mat to slide down on. It was demolished in the 80's sometime. It was located close to Disneyland

Wet and Wild in Las Vegas Nevada

I think slides are the best besides coasters. Go down real fast and hit turns. The funny thing is on a coaster they do all the checking and all of those things. While water parks just get you on the tube say hold on and throw you down. My favorite one is hurricane harbor in texas went over the weight limit on white wolf (the 3 person raft one) almost went over if my friend didnt slow us down then we ran the guy at the end over he fell back trying to catch us.

Is there a Water slide at any park which has a "loop" or "camelback" during it's course..?

Do any Slides have any "Airtime"..?

Yes I have had airtime on several water slides at Six Flags White Water in Georgia. The scariest one with the most airtime is Dragon Tails. You come completely off of the slide on the second and third hump. I think you go about 40mph on it. It really just depends on how much you weigh though.