TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waterparks, anyone?

So here's a question for you all...do you guys like waterparks, and if so, which ones?

It always seems as though many coaster enthusaists aren't really into waterparks. Elissa and I *LOVE* them. In fact, every year we try to have a meet up at Hurricane Harbor. While that's not the best water park in the world, we always manage to have fun there.

I'd say my favorite water parks are Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Dorney's Waterpark, Schlitterbahn.

--Robb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that I love waterparks also. Last time, I went to Water World Concord w/ some of my buddies. One of my friends (weighs well over 250lbs) and I went on one of the tube slides. We were flying fast down that thing and as soon as we hit the pool below, we were going faster than the raft allowed, so we flew off the raft. He landed ontop of me under water, which sucked big time. The only waterpark I've really gone to was Waterworld in Concord being as it was free with our season passes.

WaterWorld Colorado... 8)

Only park I know of with animatronics on a tube ride

Great stuff and the park is on a hill so there are very few rides that are way up in the air meaning nice views. Also the only waterpark I know with a cable car gondola ride between sections of the park.

Voyage to the Center of the Earth info page w/ video (really short video that is...)

Clickable park map with rides and info

Edited by kenshinmac

I guess I have grown up having to like waterparks. I practically live in one. I live less than a mile from Magic Waters waterpark in Rockford, Illinois. Great park BTW.(I love master blasters!)

I also love Noah's Ark waterpark.(Can't wait for Black Anaconda!) Noah's Ark is probably even my favorite. This is definately a full day waterpark.

And I can't talk about waterparks without even mentioning SfGam's new Hurricane Harbor that is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend. I, along with the park, am really excited about it!

So in short, I love waterparks!

In my 18 years of life, I have been to 5 water parks.

Pleasure Island-it was a small waterpark here in Muskegon until MIA made it go under but it sucked anyway.

Splash-This was a water park on 28th street in Grand Rapids that went out of business too due to a weird location and MIA. It was just your average water park.

Blizzard Beach-I love the racing slides but that was about it.

Hurricane Hannah's-Overall boring waterpark, but it had/has the best wavepool I've ever been in and the best slide complex, Hurricane Mountain.

MIA's Wildwater Adventure-The best waterpark I've been in. You can spend a couple hours in it and just enjoy it. The tornado slide will be awesome for that park.

One of the great perks of my job is that it gives me an inordinate amount of free time.

Most of my free time during perfect days (which there seem to be a lot of in central florida, which surprised me coming from Southern California) is going to Disney parks. And if its just a little too warm, it will be at Blizzard Beach.

Perhaps because its older, I'm not as much a fan of Typhoon Lagoon (its also further away).

Regardless, I'm grateful that the parks will be more balanced this March. The new attraction (see my avatar, 2 week old pic) Slush Gusher looks to be fun.

I can't wait to take advantage of it in the dead times.

Waterparks are awesome, (except maybe suffering through having to look at middle aged overweight English tourist men in speedos).

Jose Eber.

Hey kenshinmac,

How is Water World? We're considering doing a Denver trip this year and that's one of the places we want to hit. Is it pretty cool? The 'dark ride' tube slides look really cool!

Also, I noticed that one section has all the slides named after the coasters in the "Vacation" movie - "Screeming Meemie", etc.

--Robb "Hoping to get to Lakeside, Elitch's, Waterworld, and Lagoon at some point this year!" Alvey

I like water parks, but prefer the Lazy River/Wave Pool over slides. I know I'm odd in this opinion, but then again, I am odd in general...

My favorites are Dorney and the one at Holiday World, though I haven't been to HW since they added all their crazy slides. My last visit was in 2001.

Not sure if I'll get to any this year, but I'd like to get to Dorney's since I missed that one last year...

dt

Robb Waterworld is a blast. It has quite a unique collection of rides as they range from very early waterpark rides and some new ones. There is a great range of rides especially in the river country area where there are singles doubles and the large 2-3 adult rafts. The new ride Storm was a bit of a letdown as it is just a dark tube but most rides are far more creative.

Just BTW the Screamin' Mimi is just hilarious because it is actually sleds on rollers... I don't think I have ever seen one of those anywhere else.

If you guys are gonna do a denver trip you gotta give me a yell. I need an excuse to go to Lakeside one of these days... None of my friends want to go as they all consider it kinda a "ghetto looking park" to quote a phrase they have used.

BTW what is Lagoon?

Edited by kenshinmac

The one and only time I was at a water park was SFHH (LA) back in 1997. I had a lot of fun despite the fact that I was barefoot for most of the day.

I would like to go back, but I haven't felt like going by myself. That and how much is there to do for someone who can't swim? When I was at SFHH, I did the Family Raft Ride, one of the smaller combo slides (Jet Sterm?), the wave pool, and maybe something else.

I like water parks, but prefer the Lazy River/Wave Pool over slides. I know I'm odd in this opinion, but then again, I am odd in general...

My favorites are Dorney and the one at Holiday World, though I haven't been to HW since they added all their crazy slides. My last visit was in 2001.

Not sure if I'll get to any this year, but I'd like to get to Dorney's since I missed that one last year...

dt

Dude!!! How can you forget??? Of course we're hitting a waterpark this year!!!

waterjump.jpg.f17652ed53069e982133803e97c4b6f1.jpg

I am so looking forward to waterpark season. I love hot Summer days, and goign to HH (NJ) to float around for a couple of laps on the lazy river after work.

And I love going to waterparks because even if I gain 20 pounds I can still feel good about my body compared ot some of the freaks in spandex sauage casings!

Tom "I'm hoping Robb does wear a speedo like that! :love: " Benton

I am pretty much a fan of "everything" that amusement parks have to offer, and we love waterparks. In addition to the revamped "Water Works" at PKI (now called Boomerang Bay), we also have The Beach waterpark, and it sounds like a year 'round indoor water park resort is going to be build where the PKI campground is. My favorite place here in southern Ohio though, is the Sunlite Pool at Old Coney. It's supposedly the Worlds Largest recirculating swimming pool. It's not really a waterpark, but they do have a few waterslides. It is a great place to spend a hot summer day. Plus, they have some good "classic" rides, including a coaster-for those of you seeking credits!

Shari "I hate old guys in Speedos" Shoufler

I never went out of my way until last year, mostly we went to the Wildwood boardwalk here in NJ . Than if we were at a park we would do the water park as well. HH sfgadv,sfne,sfa. Water Country USA and Dorney. This year we're going to Mountain Creek Park.

Dione and I love water parks!!

We've done Oakwood Lake (which they keep saying is going to close "this year," but it never does), Water World Sacramento (which I can see outside my bedroom window), SF Elitch Gardens, Wild Waters Sparks, Roseville SunSplash, Pharoah's Kingdom Redlands, a few others.

Elitch is by far our favorite.

Hey kenshinmac,

How is Water World? We're considering doing a Denver trip this year and that's one of the places we want to hit. Is it pretty cool? The 'dark ride' tube slides look really cool!

--Robb "Hoping to get to Lakeside, Elitch's, Waterworld, and Lagoon at some point this year!" Alvey

The water park that's attached to Elitch's is awesome. Definitely do that one!!!!!!!!!!

Waterparks are awesome! I haven't been to many of them (granted, i do live in the middle of Maryland where there aren't any around) but my faves are Wildwater Kingdom (next to DP), Wet n' Wild Orlando, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Bohrer Park (an itty-bitty place with two sildes), and Paradise Island (in SFA- thank god it's FINALLY getting updated!)