TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Game Exchange! BETA TESTING!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am trying out the last files posted.

Rush Mania - RCT2 - the zip file is empty.

Paramore - NL - GOOD.

Anaconda - RCT2 - will not load says "file contains Invalid Data".

Arrow Coathanger Coaster - NL - GOOD.

P-51 Mustang - NL - GOOD.

Falcon - NL - will not load in-game.

The Beloit Blue Comet - will not load in-game.

Extreme Twist - NL - will not load in-game.

I have a problem.

When I downloaded Paramore I just checked if the file downloaded and it did with out issue. I didn't really load it into the game. Same with Arrow Coathanger. When I got to P-51 Mustang I actually put it in the game and it worked perfectly. Good ride by the way!.. I then downloaded Falcon and The Beloit Blue Comet and they downloaded without issue (I did not try them in-game at that time). Last I downloaded Extreme Twist, no problem. I then placed it in the game to view and when I selected it all was good. However when I clicked on "Ride Extreme Twist" nothing happened. It just clicked and the load bar showed up for a split second and vanished. Tried over and over with the same result. So I went back and downloaded The Beloit Blue Comet and tried to load it into the game to ride it. Same issue. So I removed Extreme Twist thinking it was corrupting my game and tried The Beloit Blue Comet again. That did not solve the issue. I then removed that file and re-downloaded Falcon and this time tried to load it in-game. Same issue again. Removed it and tried to run P-51 Mustang again. Since it worked the first time I figured it should work now. But it would not load either. So I removed it and tried the first two NL tracks that downloaded just fine. They would not load in the game either. I then tried to load some of my other downloaded tracks and they all work just fine.

What in the world is going on?

Just tried again on a different computer and still empty.

This is really bizarre. Can you try a different browser? I really want to figure out why some people are getting this "zero byte" bug while others aren't. As many details as possible will be helpful!

--Robb

May be a bit late, but merely a suggestion for the banners, particularly the rct2 ones.

I suggest making the pictures more.. interesting? Those that you've chosen are half a screen full of grass, but maybe find full pics of busy, interesting parks.

May be a bit late, but merely a suggestion for the banners, particularly the rct2 ones.

I suggest making the pictures more.. interesting? Those that you've chosen are half a screen full of grass, but maybe find full pics of busy, interesting parks.

Oh, sure. I really was trying to find the best scenes from RCT2's in-game scenarios (trying to stick to NCS, so that people who don't use CS aren't offended). Maybe I'll stick the logos in screenshots of some of the Six Flags parks.

This is really bizarre. Can you try a different browser? I really want to figure out why some people are getting this "zero byte" bug while others aren't. As many details as possible will be helpful!

--Robb

Guys, please keep trying this. I really don't understand why it's happening to a select few.

--Robb

Guys, please keep trying this. I really don't understand why it's happening to a select few.

Sorry for the delay again, Christmas got in the way.

Just to keep my sanity going after several people said they are having no trouble with the Rush Mania file I made a little video of me trying to download and open it. The first thing I did was just open it and you will see the zip has nothing in it and then I saved it to my desktop and opened it from there. It also had nothing in it. Off video I tried the "Save Target As" function and it also had an empty zip. I am running on WindowsXP using regular Internet Explorer. Stupid question but how does one use a different browser? Is there an option for that I just click on somewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCpyqvnWl14

Stupid question but how does one use a different browser? Is there an option for that I just click on somewhere?

They're all separate applications that you have to download and install.

Dan,

You can download FireFox, or Chrome, etc, and use them even if you have IE installed.

I'm wondering if the files I'm moving via the Admin portion while on IE8 is screwing with it, versus when I'm at home and using FireFox. Or, if there's an issue with end users and their browsers.

Which is why we need more testing.

Sorry for the delay again, Christmas got in the way.

Just to keep my sanity going after several people said they are having no trouble with the Rush Mania file I made a little video of me trying to download and open it. The first thing I did was just open it and you will see the zip has nothing in it and then I saved it to my desktop and opened it from there. It also had nothing in it. Off video I tried the "Save Target As" function and it also had an empty zip. I am running on WindowsXP using regular Internet Explorer. Stupid question but how does one use a different browser? Is there an option for that I just click on somewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCpyqvnWl14

Firefox

Google Chrome

Perhaps try one of these browsers?

I'd help more, but I just built a new computer and haven't had time to install RCT or NE.

Downloaded that Belomy Sights RCT2 file and this is what I got:

Internet Explorer: Worked - 2.41 MB

Firefox: Worked - 2.41 MB

Google Chrome: Worked - 2.41 MB

Edit: I used Windows Vista.

Edited by Midgetman82

Alright, tested Belomy Sights with every browser I have, on Windows Vista.

Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Flock- Downloaded and unzipped fine, but trying to open it in RCT2 gave the error "Unable to load file... file contains invalid data"

Internet Explorer- Downloaded, but gave error "Archive not present" in WinRAR when unzipping