TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker 2010 poll

Those instructions are way too complex. Why can't this be web-based? I don't have 2 hours to fill out a text based survey that will be thrown out because of a syntax error.

If you weren't willing to read 4 sentences into my post then you certainly wouldn't last filling out the text version of the ballot!

The 4th sentence was the link to the web-based ballot: Web Based "Helper" program (EASY!!!): http://www.wardleystunnels.org/hawker/

--Robb

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballot sent! I voted 80 of my 156 steelies!

01. Favorite wood (Coaster, Playland)

01. X2

02. Titan

03. Aftershock

04. Goliath, SFMM

05. Medusa

06. Tatsu

07. Raging Bull

08. Mr. Freeze, SFOT

09. California Screamin'

10. Mamba

11. Powder Keg

12. Favorite Batclone (B:TR, SFOT)

13. Mr. Freeze, SFStL

14. Steel Hawg

15. Poltergeist

16. Flight Deck, CGA

17. Steel Eel

18. Wildfire

19. Shock Wave

20. Deja Vu

21. Silver Bullet

22. Riddler's Revenge

23. Favorite powered coaster (Fire In The Hole)

24. Patriot

25. Superman: Krypton Coaster

26. Montezooma's Revenge

27. SBSPRBP

28. Scream!

29. Viper, SFMM

30. V2: Vertical Velocity

31. Steel Venom

32. Favorite Invertigo (Invertigo, CGA)

33. Space Mountain, DLR

34. Superman: Ultimate Flight, SFGAm

35. Wild Thing, VF

36. Dragon, Adventureland

37. Vertical Velocity

38. Favorite spinner (Ragin' Cajun)

39. Iron Wolf

40. Texas Tornado

41. Vortex, CGA

42. Ice Mountain Bobsled

43. Dark Knight, SFGAm

44. Favorite wild mouse (Psycho Mouse, CGA)

45. Mine Train, SFOT

46. ThuNderaTion

47. Quicksilver Express

48. Favorite Windstorm (Runaway Mountain)

49. Road Runner Express, SFFT

50. Journey to Atlantis, SWSD

76. Favorite Mack SuperSplash (Journey to Atlantis, SWSA)

77. Favorite Jet Star (Tig'rr, Indiana Beach)

78. Ninja, SFStL

79. Favorite Wildcat (Wildcat, Puyallup Fair)

80. Pony Express

The rankings look great!! I just really wish more people would vote, especially the big hitters, it'd be soooooo nice to see valid comparisons for some of the more "out of the way" rides.

Gosh I love "new-Hawker-poll-posting" days!!

I find it really interesting that FIVE B&M hypers places in a row, with SEVEN of them being within eight spots (Montu is in the middle of the seven).

But other than that...I agree...go Intamin!

My rankings are almost the exact same way, all my B&M hypers are practically one after the other.

Yay! I'm pleased with the results, and don't see anything surprising that I strongly disagree with. A lot of my favorites, even the less popular ones, are respectably ranked. Plus Dragon at Adventureland made a little jump!

If you want to stalk my ballot, find "Laura". I am a complete idiot and managed to get four of my coasters thrown out!

Good to see that one of the ten best steel coasters in the world is only about an hour away from my house. Congratulations to Kings Dominion and I305!

I don't know, that Top 10 looks eerily similar to Robb's Top 10, I call foul play. I think Robb used his power and influence to manipulate the votes again, how else would The Hulk or Space Mountain or Magnum XL-200 not make the Top 10?

The Intamin dominance frustrates me personally, as there's more to a good coaster than major airtime and so on, plus a bit of quality theming never went amiss. That said, EGF (the only coaster in the top 5 I have been on) is superb - particularly the first drop.

I am glad to see Blue Fire remain high - I thought it could falter somewhat in its second season, but it's stayed at an impressive #14.

A few more words for Nemesis though. Once again, highest looping coaster, highest non-Intamin Airtime etc. coaster, highest B&M plus it's far older than anything above it.

Nemesis owns.

Th13teen LOL.

Things that suprise me

1. Black Mamba seems ridiculously high to me. Of the B&M inverts I've ridden, it's definitely the least forceful and shortest. Theming is great, but there's also a surplus of well-themed inverts out there.

2. There were a lot more coasters that failed the ridership requirements this year, which is Mitch's decision of course. What I found weird was the number of coasters that didn't have enough comparisons while coasters at the same park did have enough. Coasters at Space World, Freestyle Music Park, Magic Springs, Kennywood, Dreamworld and more had this happen. Seems an odd phenomenon.

3. Euro-Mir is far too low. Maybe people dislike the cheesiness. I found it pretty awesome.

4. Olympia Looping and the Mindbenders just seem to me like they would rank a little higher. Higher than Thunder Dolphin, at least.

5. The Mega-Lites should be ranked together, as "Fav Mega-Lite." The two that made the poll ranked next to each other, and the two that didn't probably would have landed in the same space. It's the same layout and the same experience, clearly

6. Congrats to the Zamperla Volare for really sucking!

Edited by Solid Gold

Good poll, can't really agree or disagree, as the highest ranked ride I've been on is only #15. One thing I do find interesting is how international coasters dominate the top ten, but US rides dominate all the other high tiers. Probably has something to do with America having more coasters in general, but Europe having most of the highly-ranked megalites.

Black Mamba forceless? Even if you find it forceless, the ride experience is pretty much unmatched in Europe and at most parks around the world. It's a masterpiece of design and presentation.

I find it pretty intense, myself - although I know TPR as a whole don't much rate it. For me it's my #2 coaster.

I don't get it why Bizarro keeps ranking as the # 1 coaster.

The ride was probably the greatest coaster when it opened but when I rode it tow years ago it was a huge letdown.

A painful ride with a maybe little above average layout and an annoying onboard soundtrack.

Besides that the results look pretty good!

I agree about Black Mamba being forceless. I don't know how it gets rated so highly and people keep trying to say how one of a kind it is. It's nowhere near as good as Nemesis or Dueling Dragons and they both have cooler interactions.

Very cool to see iSpeed and Katun doing well! I think we'll be back to Mirabilandia soon!

I don't know, that Top 10 looks eerily similar to Robb's Top 10, I call foul play. I think Robb used his power and influence to manipulate the votes again, how else would The Hulk or Space Mountain or Magnum XL-200 not make the Top 10?

There always has to be one person that complains. GROW UP! Its just a poll for fun! Also those coasters are YOUR favorites...not everybody else.

I think the results are pretty cool! Great job INTAMIN! You make me proud to wear my INTAMIN Lanyard every day!